PDA

View Full Version : BadEIP_M-6×00_1.2.52-4

badeip
24-09-08, 19:51
Here are some new features contained in this firmware, which first made it's appearance in BadEIP_M-6x00.1.1.44_beta2

# My RSSTvixer can in combination with FIPd display RSS feeds on the TViX front panel showing the most recent firmware available from www.binary-art.net

It is also possible to run RSSTvixer in non-daemon mode, and to display non-default feeds:

root@TViX:~$ rsstvixer --nofip --fg --host mpcclub.com --feed backend.php
RSSTvixer v1.4 by petter wahlman, aka badeip
See www.binary-art.net for more info.

host: mpcclub.com
feed: backend.php
poll: 0 Seconds
FIP: disabled
daemon: false

00: "And another new NMT: Kaiboer K100"
01: "More PC or Media abilities?"
02: "Hybrid: HDi HD Blu-ray and DMA"
03: "NMT-Clash V2: HDX-1000 added..."
04: "MPC offers few good deals..."
05: "5 X Custom PopCorn Hour B-110!"
06: "Picking the right hard drive!"
07: "September busy month..."
08: "Conceptronic: Recorder and H.264 support! (DVB-T)"
09: "MPC Exclusive: Presenting HDX-1000 Design "

# By executing my IRSet utility, it is possible to maneuver the on-screen menus using the arrow keys on your keyboard, press play with enter, stop with space bar, control volume with + and -, and enter all possible remote control commands:

root@TViX:~$ irset
IRSet v1.1 by petter wahlman, aka badeip
see www.binary-art.net for more info

irset:>help
cmd: 'HELP'
usage:
POWER0 POWER1 MUTE DTV
VIDEO AUDIO PHOTO 0
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 SCROLL ZOOM FBWD
FFWD UP DOWN RIGHT
LEFT PLAY STOP CHUP
CHDN VOLUP VOLDN INFO
GOTO SUBS BMARK SETUP
MENU TITLE FUNC SHUFFLE
TVOUT ANGLE REPEAT DELETE
GUIDE REC

# IRSnoop is an other program that I have made for this release, which when executed, listens for commands issued by the remote control:

root@TViX:~$ irsnoop
IRSnoop v1.0 by petter wahlman, aka badeip
jsee www.binary-art.net for more info

0x00002596: 'VOL +'
0x00001596: 'VOL -'

# Eonnemisis has made a new audio icon, which can be seen when pressing the info button (or typing info in the irset shell) while playing audio content.

# The Samba configuration file has been updated, hopefully solving some of the Vista issues.

# Over 50% reduced boot time (see here for more info)

known issues:
- DTV does not work. Temporary workaround (courtesy Eonnemisis); cold boot strait to dtv by pressing the tv button on the remote
- Holding down a button on the remote does not repeat the respective command. It does however work in the irset shell
- 'System must reboot to upgrade the firmware'
This annoying message is probably due to a dirty filesystem. Either reboot until it disappears, or safe-mode upgrade.

For answers to common questions, see my [Firmware FAQ]

Download the firmware here: http://www.binary-art.net

Contents:
Version: M-6×00_1.2.52
# sshd (username: root, password: opentvix)
# smbd (username: root, password: opentvix)
- There is one share called “root” which exports the entire TViX filesystem, in addition to the auto-mounted tvixhd1 share.
# Web configuration
# Enhanced Ctorrent
# NTP
- configured to syncronize the clock at startup to remedy the hardware clock issue
# [Several] additional utilities
# Icons by Eonnemisis See this thread for other examples.
# Unlocking of Korean units (configured through the Web interface).
# FIPd. Front Interface Panel daemon.
# RSSTvixer. Display RSS feed in the LCD of the most recent firmware from www.binary-art.net
# IRSet. Command line utility for executing remote control commands
# IRSnoop. Command line utility for displaying commands issued by the remote control

Changelog:

1.2.52-4:

* RSSTicker RSS News ticker, displaying the most recent firmware from www.binary-art.net in the TViX Front Interface Panel (LCD)
* FIPd. Front Interface Panel daemon allowing non-exclusive access to the TViX LCD
* IRSet complete 'remote' control over the TViX from the command line. See http://www.binary-art.net/?p=577
* IRSnoop. Display all commands entered by the remote control from the command line
* Significantly reduced boot time (> 50%)

1.2.52-3

* LCD and remote control demo
* Watchdog disabeling.
* Unlocking of Korean language binding for affected units (fix discovered by KORus at opentvix.com)
* Eonnemisis icons

1.2.52-2:

* New web GUI
* rar
* Links web browser

Enjoy,

Badeip.

Hoodlum77
25-09-08, 11:09
Thx BADEIP

DL it right now, hope get the samba shares working now.

And my wife and kids are extremely happy with the quick boot.

a5ian300zx
25-09-08, 13:35
Hi Badeip,

thanks for the update will try later, when i get home.

this is just some feedback on your firmware. My Tvix is not on the network or connected to the internet in anyway (yet) and I normally switch it off the mains at night. I noticed that each time I flash it with your firmware that it keep displaying my time incorrectly its always like a hour back (this is probably because your firmware updates the time from the network -if im correct) with the original firmware this is not the case.

hopefully you can fix this when you have time.

Thanks once again

badeip
25-09-08, 16:26
Hi Badeip,
ins at night. I noticed that each time I flash it with your firmware that it keep displaying my time incorrectly its always like a hour back (this is probably because your firmware updates the time from the network -if im correct)

Hi,

To remedy the hardware clock issue in some TViX versions, I added support for automatic synchronization over NTP (Network Time Protocol) in my firmware.
The default setup is GMT+1, but that can be changed by specifying a different value in /etc/TZ.
If your TViX is not affected by the above issue, just remove this line i /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/opentvix.init:

$OPENTVIX_DIR/usr/bin/sntpdate 129.240.12.4

Regards,

-b.

a5ian300zx
25-09-08, 17:16
Hi Badeip,

sorry not very tech minded, how/where would I edit that.

1) I assume i have to connect my tvix to the PC to do this, and what software would I use to edit it please.?

thanks

badeip
25-09-08, 17:49
Hi,

Either mount the samba root share, or edit the file with vi after logging in through SSH. A decent SSH client for Windows is: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

See my firmware FAQ for a more detailed explanation of how to mount the samba shares: http://www.binary-art.net/?page_id=337

Regards,

-b.

FwvG
25-09-08, 21:24
Hi,
nice software.

For VI haters, you see a chance put MC in the Image ?

Regards,
FwvG

badeip
26-09-08, 00:14
Hi,
nice software.

For VI haters, you see a chance put MC in the Image ?

Regards,
FwvG

Thanks,

Awh, c'mon. you should really give VI some love.

Getting MC to work is a pain, but I made a nano port:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wj3cg4gxdmm

Copy the file to /opt/opentvix/usr/bin

Enjoy,

-b.

Bauke
26-09-08, 08:59
Thanks for the this new version.
Unfortunately still no luck with the Samba hares. I noticed something strange, if I look at smb.conf file located in /usr/local/samba/lib I see the following "workgroup = WORKGROUP" but on my PC the TViX still identifies itself as part of "workgroup TVIX".

It looks like either the smb.comf isn't loaded correctly or there is an other smb.conf somewhere.

Bauke

badeip
26-09-08, 12:31
You are welcome!

Strange, there is no other smb.conf file located on the tvix, and I can't find a reference to the TVIX workgroup.

-b.

ip
25-10-08, 22:38
I tried this version (not interested in the 1.3.55 features atm) and I guess I have "The Samba Share Problem" I read about here...

I have XP, btw.
I can log on to the root share with root/opentvix, and I can find the internal disk at var\run\mnt\disk1 - but the "automounted tvixhd1 share" isn't available.
The TViX publishes six other shares, however unaccesible: audio, audio_r, images, images_r, video and video_r.

Is it a bug, or intentional, that elapsed time isn't shown on the TViX display? (I know about the info button). Is it fixed in 1.3.55?

This release is basically identical to 1.3.52 except that it is based on the official 1.3.55 firmware.
The fipd daemon is disabled in this version too due to issues with e.g displaying the clock.
To re-enable it, remove the leading # before the fipd command in /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/main:

#!/bin/sh
# OpenTvix by BadEIP

(sleep 20 && /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/opentvix.init) &
#/mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/main_exec /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/opentvix/usr/sbin/fipd &
/mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/main_exec /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/opentvix/usr/sbin/ird &
/mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/main_exec /mnt/jffs2_apps/tvix/main.dvico &

while true
do
sleep 60
done

Could I just comment out the fipd line in this 1.2.52 as well and get back the elapsed time display, is that what it is?

badeip
26-10-08, 11:50
I can find the internal disk at var\run\mnt\disk1 - but the "automounted tvixhd1 share" isn't available.
The TViX publishes six other shares, however unaccesible: audio, audio_r, images, images_r, video and video_r.

The six shares should be fixed in 1.3.55 and the changes will be backported to my next 1.2.52 release.
I am unsure if the tvixhd1 share is used anymore?
I haven't seen any references to it in recent firmwares.

Is it a bug, or intentional, that elapsed time isn't shown on the TViX display? (I know about the info button). Is it fixed in 1.3.55?

It's not a bug per se, but an unsupported feature in the 1.2.52 version of the front interface panel driver, fipd.
Yes, fipd has clock support in 1.3.55.

Could I just comment out the fipd line in this 1.2.52 as well and get back the elapsed time display, is that what it is?

Yes.

Regards,

badeip

ip
26-10-08, 13:41
I don't know if the tvixhd1 is used anymore, I believe so. But if the video/audio/images shares works the tvixhd1 isn't necessary.

So now it's for me just to comment out fipd + add mounting of NAS at startup to facilitate .m3u linking of movies (the main reason + faster booting to "Go Opentvix" for me) and wait the DViCO betas to get more useful for me :) (and for all other people, saves back-porting for you)

Thanks for this project! BTW, the "non-repeat" of remote button presses isn't a big problem, but do you have any idea of why it happens?

badeip
26-10-08, 14:01
Thanks for this project! BTW, the "non-repeat" of remote button presses isn't a big problem, but do you have any idea of why it happens?

You are welcome.
The non-repeat problem exists because I intercept the remote control commands in a 'blocking manner'. I read one command, wait for it to be sent, and read the next, if available. This sequence doesn't happen when continuously holding down the button. Multiple commands are then sent without waiting for individual 'acknowledge'.
It is possible to get the original behavior by commenting out the reference to ird in the same file where fipd is started, but then irset and file system web browsing will be deactivated.

Regards,

badeip.

ip
26-10-08, 14:06
I think I'd rather live with "your" non-repeating buttons, the other functions might come in handy.

ip
30-10-08, 14:37
BTW, I thought about one thing: Even if it's not that hard for a user to edit a script or two, you have Web Configuration in the badeip FW. Why not add a few check-boxes for those things? The "clock on TViX display" won't need one, as I understand it, since the implementation in new FW can give you both at the same time. But to easily chose between "Repeating Keys"/"File system web browsing" might be fine.

Maybe also an easy way to add startup commands in the web configuration, like mounting of a NAS might be a good idea?

Question: if I add a mount of a NAS share to a startup script and the NAS is offline - will the script just continue, stop or will there be any problem?