PDA

View Full Version : TViX 4100/5100 BETA FW 1.7.11 (20090514)

Tilgin
14-05-09, 10:08
TViX 4100/5100 BETA FW 1.7.11 (20090514)

Changes from 1.7.5

1. Fixed some of folders and files are not shown.

2. Fixed DTV tuner detection and scan problem.

3. Fixed system reboot after playing the last file of the folder.

4. Fixed pictures are not played when played through playlist.

5. Fixed AVI/MKV stuttering problem.

6. Fixed minor UI bug

Known issue.

* FTP may stop when upload/download.
* DTS decoding is not supported. Only pass-through works.
* Some JPEG files are not shown correctly

http://demod.dvico.com/preRelease/tvix_M-x100_1.7.11.zip

tuatha
14-05-09, 13:35
still no DTS so it's no use to me

thanks for the heads-up though

Mo_Phat
14-05-09, 22:57
1.7.9 = 1.7.11 as far as:
1. Very static noise with DTS sounds.
2. DTV Tuner (T-411) still can not detect cable input and zero channel were found during scanning.
3. Intermittent missing recorded files from DTV_REC folder.
4. Can not deleted files or files deleted were displayed back if power off/on again.

...still testing more but so far this version is not better than 1.7.9 much.

Anyway thanks for the hard work from DVico team even though there are not much better yet.

bonounours
17-05-09, 22:03
Hi all,

I've upgraded my 4100 with the prebeta 1.7.11 yesterday, and it seems that most majors trouble are gone away 8) :D !!!!

The jpeg slideshow is now working normaly (some other devices are working better in this area, but do not not ask too much for a Dvico....)

ISO files are now playing without too much troubles...... :roll:
(the machine still crashing, sometimes when ISO playing)

And it seems that nothing else is really broken !!! (hope so) :o

This prebeta firmware 1.7.11 is at the minimum level that would be delivered with the 4100, when we bought it 2,5 years ago...... 8O

It the first firmware that is more or less corresponding to the 4100's sale spec..... :?

So congratulations to Dvico to be able to produce a firmware more or less compatible with their own initial specs, after removing the 4100/5100 of sale market.....

However, they still have some work to fix remaining troubles :
- unable to rewind (<<-) on many kind of files
- timeshifting is still unavailable on this device using the DVB (HD) tuner (T430).... (basics DVB recorders are doing it)

As conclusion I would say that I am happy to have now a device able to do the basics fonctions for what I bought it.
However I do not understand why Dvico do not supply this firmware in their own official site even in beta release, "officially" they continue to private their old customers of the minimum requested on this device.

In addition, I would like to say that I am very upset :evil: against all those that supported Dvico from the beginning (newspapers (all countries), internet forum etc). I am sure all these people never did basics test with this Dvico device.
Dvico lies to everybody from long time ago about performances of its devices with the complicity and agreement of international influent people in this area
:evil:

Even if Dvico at the end, produces an acceptable firmware, it never make us to forget Dvico's bad (liying) history and international press (media) lies about Dvico products....

Bonounours

valente274
17-05-09, 23:15
Bonounours, you're absolutely right!

bonounours
18-05-09, 08:31
Hi all,

1.7.11 for x100 is now available on official Dvico site in beta firmware section !
:wink:

http://www.tvix.co.kr/eng/support/betafirmware.aspx

MrBungle
18-05-09, 15:00
Except that FTP is broken now, which is unacceptable.

ano102
19-05-09, 10:59
I have noticed yesterday a bug of 1.7.11 that was already present in 1.7.9

the tvix reboot when displaying the content of a directoty of video files
I have severral directory of video files for SD files, HD files, MKV etc
and per haps the numeros files can produce a problem ...
it is a major bug for me because I cannot read all the video files before the tvix reboot himself ... :-(

another bug : the tvix cannot read smoothly the rip of movie "King Rising"
the M2TS can be read with s player on a computer, so the decrypt is OK

Previously I cannot read the rip of moovie "INVASION", now it is OK with the last firmware released

MrBungle
19-05-09, 15:48
I just went from 1.7.9 to 1.7.11. I had to use USB to get the firmware file on there as FTP was completely broken for me. It transferred a file but the unit reported it as not being a valid firmware file.

Via USB the upgrade went smoothly. On the DTV side it actually remembered to record scheduled programs I had set under 1.7.9. Unfortunately I still get HDMI audio on for some channels even though it is meant to be off.

FTP seems to work again - and unbelievably it is faster than ever! I only used to get 1.5Mbs uploading before but now I am getting up to 2.7Mbs.

I was about to write that my problems playing a few FLAC files had been resolved by it just had a problem then. Oh, there's another. Mind you, it is only 1 album that has this problem (so far at least) - artist "Death", title "Scream Bloody Gore".

It still can't read filenames with '¡' (upside down exclaimation mark), e.g.

03 - ¡Get Up,Punk! 0200 hrs. (Joint Special Operations Task Force).flac
06 - ¡Vaqueros y Indios! (Joint Special Operations Task Force).flac
10 - ¡Fire In The Hole! 0400hrs. (Joint Special Operations Task Force).flac

It still misses a small bit of audio at the start and end of each song.

theirv
19-05-09, 19:01
no new problems for me, still get freezing etc with certain (seemingly random) avis. mkv subs also not 100% reliable

ano102
31-05-09, 01:13
I have a few movies that not plays smoth with 1.7.7, 17.11 but plays well with 1.4.52
one of them is encoded in H264 in profile high@4.1 ( Two Lovers)
one of them is encoded in VC1 in profile advanced@3 (King Rising)

anyone else has detected this behaviour ?

Soopa_VEXED
03-06-09, 13:50
Wow, there have been a lot of releases since my last visit!

Some questions:

Are we able to FFW/FRW correctly now? Are we able to FTP properly?

If either of these are a no I'll be sticking to my old firmware.

Thanks,

Goran65
03-06-09, 14:42
Wow, there have been a lot of releases since my last visit!

Some questions:

Are we able to FFW/FRW correctly now? Are we able to FTP properly?

If either of these are a no I'll be sticking to my old firmware.

Thanks,

No FTP does not work on files lager than 600 Mb.

Soopa_VEXED
05-06-09, 11:04
If FTP is unusable then this entire firmware is pointless.

Dvico are a useless bunch of clowns.

Goran65
05-06-09, 11:13

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA FIRMWARE!!!!!

/Goran

valente274
05-06-09, 12:22

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA FIRMWARE!!!!!

/Goran

Who cares if this is a Beta. We can't test if it doesn't work at all. FTP is fundamental. I do not work for Dvico!!!!! Off course I agree that we must help Dvico making a good FW. But not on this conditions!!!!!

More then two years later and we STILL don't have a FW that does what announced. Now we have decent ISO playback and slide show. But NO FTP :evil:

Goran65
05-06-09, 12:47
Well in BETA you sometimes remove thing and later add them later again.

FTP will work again in then final NON beta firmware.

/Goran

Arena77
05-06-09, 13:12
Is dts working with this Firmware?

valente274
05-06-09, 14:00
Is dts working with this Firmware?
No, it doesn't!

Soopa_VEXED
05-06-09, 14:03
I cant actually se whats new that they've added in this beta, just fixes for things that they've broken in previous versions.

Does anyone know if FFW/FRW works properly yet?

valente274
05-06-09, 14:26
I cant actually se whats new that they've added in this beta, just fixes for things that they've broken in previous versions.

Does anyone know if FFW/FRW works properly yet?

No, it doesn't! Remains very unstable, and FRW it's only available from 8X, no 4X/2X, like 1.2.52

Soopa_VEXED
05-06-09, 18:55
Thanks Valente274.

If these ridiculous problems are on the official firmware I swear I'll hunt those Dvico idiots down.

bonounours
06-06-09, 19:45
Hi All,

In France, multichanel sound for DVB HD is broadcasting now, from begining of june 2009, in AC3+ (DD+/E-AC3).
From that point, I do not have any multichanel with 4130 and FW 1.7.11 :evil:

My A/V amplifier Denon 2807 is decoding a DD signal but no sound is delivered except some sporadics, very sinisters "CRACK"

4130 is connecteted to Denon 2807 using SPDIF audio coax and HDMI. I've tried the 2 audio links with same result...

I need now to play the simple PCM stereo audio channel from DVB HD to get any "normal" sound..... :evil:
What a shame for HD-DVB.....

I understood that AC3+ (or DD+ or E-AC3) would be down-compatible with basic AC3 (DD).
However it seems that this trouble happens also with some other HD-DVB tuners which had missed something for compatibility with AC3+ : Dreambox, Sony PlayTV, WyPlay.....
This confirms that the trouble is coming from the 4130 and not from other part of installation.... :!:

I don't know if it works with previous official FW 1.4.52, I did not go back to this version.
I just strongly recommend to Dvico to do the necessary to implement the (down) compatibility with AC3+ to basic AC3 in the next official FW for x130.
I hope it will be released very soon and will also fix current troubles with FTP, DTS, FWD/RWD....

Is it still allowed to dream :roll: :?:

PS:
@valente274 : I fully agree with you :!:
@all those still support Dvico: Please, STOP !!.....
It is totally useless and ridiculous for all old end-users of Dvico products.....

d3rd3vil
09-06-09, 11:42
There is always an EDID_Failed.ted file in my dvico directory! Where to can I send this file? I hope it will be fixed ^^

Goran65
10-06-09, 14:43
There is always an EDID_Failed.ted file in my dvico directory! Where to can I send this file? I hope it will be fixed ^^

Send it to Dvico.

/Goran

d3rd3vil
10-06-09, 19:59
Yeah ok well did that....I'm already waiting for an answer for about 2-3weeks! Now I uploaded the ted file two days ago....let's wait....

Petri
10-08-09, 13:29
Firstly, 1.4.52 is the latest official firmware available on TViX website. All these 1.7.x firmwares are beta releases. Do any of you complainers know what BETA means? Look it up.

Secondly, us TViX users should count ourselves lucky DVICO is still working on new firmwares for their old products. You should look into Pixel Magic Systems and thank your lucky stars you never purchased any product of theirs. What do you think of a company which is totally unable to fix even the most glaring bugs, unable to implement advertised features - and when consumers complain about it, all their posts are deleted from PMS' forums, their accounts first banned and then deleted.

I have four TViX boxes and while DVICO's customer support leaves room for improvement, it's still fantastic compared to some other companies out there.

valente274
10-08-09, 14:13
What do you think of a company which is totally unable to fix even the most glaring bugs, unable to implement advertised features - and when consumers complain about it, all their posts are deleted from PMS' forums, their accounts first banned and then deleted.

We know that company...! It's DVICO. You work for Dvico, right?

Please tell me where's the firmware that does the advertised features for 4100/5100. It simply does not exist. Three years later and it still does not exists :evil:

And I have 203 unanswered questions on "My Q&A" since last year!

Maybe when chip reaches his end life we'll have that FW. I'll never buy anything again from that swindlers of DVICO. :evil:

Petri
10-08-09, 18:13
We know that company...! It's DVICO.
Dvico has so far fixed all the bugs I've reported to them for both the 5100 and the 6500. I don't know what advertised features are missing, but I do know that Dvico has implemented features they never advertised, features nobody could even think about at the time the 5100 was launched. For example, Matroska playback. To my knowledge Dvico has not deleted and banned their customers accounts.

So no, the company I described is not Dvico.

You work for Dvico, right?
And you work for Dvico's competitor, right?

No, I don't work for Dvico. I'm an independent freelance journalist from Finland.

Please tell me where's the firmware that does the advertised features for 4100/5100. It simply does not exist. Three years later and it still does not exists :evil:
So what on earth are those advertised yet missing features that have your panties in such a tight bunch they cut circulation to your nads?

203, WTF? I'm not surprised Dvico doesn't reply to you. I wouldn't reply to a flooding troll either. How the heck is it even possible to come up with 203 separate problems that require Dvico's support?

valente274
10-08-09, 22:07
We know that company...! It's DVICO.
Dvico has so far fixed all the bugs I've reported to them for both the 5100 and the 6500. I don't know what advertised features are missing, but I do know that Dvico has implemented features they never advertised, features nobody could even think about at the time the 5100 was launched. For example, Matroska playback. To my knowledge Dvico has not deleted and banned their customers accounts.

So no, the company I described is not Dvico.

You work for Dvico, right?
And you work for Dvico's competitor, right?

No, I don't work for Dvico. I'm an independent freelance journalist from Finland.

So what on earth are those advertised yet missing features that have your panties in such a tight bunch they cut circulation to your nads?

203, WTF? I'm not surprised Dvico doesn't reply to you. I wouldn't reply to a flooding troll either. How the heck is it even possible to come up with 203 separate problems that require Dvico's support?

For last three years no decent slide show and no decent ISO play back. Now, we have both of that advertised features, but no more DTS over HDMI and no decent FTP...That's the truth! I don't care if this is not important to you. It just was advertised and that's why I bought it.

Petri
11-08-09, 00:01
For last three years no decent slide show and no decent ISO play back. Now, we have both of that advertised features, but no more DTS over HDMI and no decent FTP...That's the truth! I don't care if this is not important to you. It just was advertised and that's why I bought it.
When did we lose DTS over HDMI? In a beta firmware?

Kerfuffle
11-08-09, 08:13
Seems something bad happened to the handling of MPEG1 48 khz 2 channel audio. It comes out very loud and distorted when passed to my amp. I tried reverting to 1.7.11 but that did not help, so I went back to 1.4.52 and that fixed it. Too bad cause I liked the slide shows and other fixes. Is this a known problem?

Cheers, K

valente274
11-08-09, 11:49
When did we lose DTS over HDMI? In a beta firmware?

OK. I Know it's a Beta FW. So go back to official one, 1.4.52. ... no decent slide show no decent ISO playback. Three years later. Three years later. Three years later. With that FW I still have a unit that doesn't do what was advertised.

Definitely you must work for DVICO. I don't work for competitors. I just think is legitimate to ask for what I paid for. Nothing more... And I paid for those features THREE YEARS AGO. Bye.

Petri
11-08-09, 16:07
OK. I Know it's a Beta FW. So go back to official one, 1.4.52. ... no decent slide show no decent ISO playback.
I'm using 1.4.52 and have played several ISO images on the box. I don't know what the issue with ISO support is supposed to be.

OK, you have a strong need for the slideshow feature. I know how you feel, trust me. I spent a crapload of money on Pixel Magic Systems' boxes (including a 5500 Euro video processor!), only to get f***ed in the ass by that company. So, yeah, I understand the frustration.

Definitely you must work for DVICO.
Sorry, but no, I don't. I kinda wish I did, so I could make a report about your issues to them.

It just happens that I've been buying media players ever since the first players were introduced, and I don't have the need to blow my stack at poor firmware development any more. I had my moment of insane rage a few years ago with PMS. These days I just go "meh, no big surprise" when player's firmware fails to live up to expectations.

Besides, it pays to chill out - you live longer by taking it easy! :)