PDA

View Full Version : slide show and music at the same time

valente274
14-05-09, 17:20
Please,

Can you help me to find some threads about this subject? I know that there are some, but i can't find them. Thanks

Hi-Jack
14-05-09, 21:16
As far as I know this is not supported on the TViX... Someone might have found a way to do it though but I haven't read about it...

coolstream
15-05-09, 01:19
Try this as a test:

mp3 folder with cover art.
click on the first jpg
slideshow starts and first mp3 starts to play

although i haven't tried it myself, this suggests that a folder with many jpgs and your selected mp3s ALL IN THE SAME FOLDER might give you what you are looking for ;)

NOTE: this works on 6500a (not sure about older models)

valente274
16-05-09, 00:50
Try this as a test:

mp3 folder with cover art.
click on the first jpg
slideshow starts and first mp3 starts to play

although i haven't tried it myself, this suggests that a folder with many jpgs and your selected mp3s ALL IN THE SAME FOLDER might give you what you are looking for ;)

NOTE: this works on 6500a (not sure about older models)

Thanks coolstream. It works perfectly with 4100 (1.7.11)

Just put a sound file in a folder with JPEGs. Then hit the first photo and you'll have a slide show with music :wink:

coolstream
17-05-09, 02:30
Thanks for confirming this :)

Out of interest, if you have enough jpgs to last longer than the length of the 1st mp3, would TViX then move onto the next track?

roddox
17-05-09, 17:24

Out of interest, if you have enough jpgs to last longer than the length of the 1st mp3, would TViX then move onto the next track?

Yep, I had a go with this and can confirm that my 4130 plays the next audio track if there are enough jpgs with 1.7.11 beta firmware.

I do have to say though that I was able to get my unit to behave in a very flaky manner when certain audio tracks were played as background music to slideshows. Things like having half the photo and half the file browser on screen at the same time(!) and being able to stop the audio but then not having the stop button halt the slideshow. I'd have to power off and on again to get control back. I didn't really do enough testing to confirm the trigger but it seemed it was always an AAC encoded audio file that screwed things up and if i stuck to mp3 it was fine.

Still, unsupported or not, it's a nice feature.

valente274
17-05-09, 18:20

Yep, I had a go with this and can confirm that my 4130 plays the next audio track if there are enough jpgs with 1.7.11 beta firmware.

I do have to say though that I was able to get my unit to behave in a very flaky manner when certain audio tracks were played as background music to slideshows. Things like having half the photo and half the file browser on screen at the same time(!) and being able to stop the audio but then not having the stop button halt the slideshow. I'd have to power off and on again to get control back. I didn't really do enough testing to confirm the trigger but it seemed it was always an AAC encoded audio file that screwed things up and if i stuck to mp3 it was fine.

Still, unsupported or not, it's a nice feature.

Nop, for me. TVix 4100 FW 1.7.11 doesn't play the next track. When the track ends it continues playing the photos but no more music. :(

That's what happens in may case!

Thanks

coolstream
17-05-09, 18:57
roddox TViX has to do various calculations before it shows the jpgs, so it's probably safer to keep the music side simple and stick to basic mp3 codecs for making the 'soundtrack' file.

valente274 If the 4130 can do this, I don't see why the 4100 can't. Maybe you stumbled upon a file that required too much processing to cope with simultaneously displaying the slideshow.

Good luck, guys!