PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Box Office 1080P and other firmwares?

fuzzy80
22-12-09, 16:30
I have such HD player:
http://digitalmediaplayerguide.com/?p=238
based on RTD1073 chipset. I wonder if there is a chance to put in it firmware from the other RTD1073 based players? If yes, which firmware will work, what steps should I take?

Hi-Jack
22-12-09, 17:00
It won't work since remote codes and hardware drives can be different... Unless it's several brands using the same oem device and same software, it might work but in these cases, it won't.

fuzzy80
22-12-09, 17:17
Thanks. I have tried Emtec N200 firmware and it works... almost. The remote control's buttons don't work as they should. It seems N200 has different map for it.
Trying upload PlayOn!HD firmware I bricked my player. Had to recover over serial port. Is there a chart with RTD1073 players?

Monkeyface
22-12-09, 19:13
a chart with RTD1073 players?

http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php :)

I just sent you a PM about something! Please read!

ndk
22-12-09, 23:19
I have Patriot Box Office and are looking for a way to update it w/ Mede8er or Playon or other device firwares. Does anyone know how to do it and will it work? Thanks in advance.

fuzzy80
23-12-09, 11:07
I have tested following firmwares:
- Emtec N200 v 1193 (player boots up, wrong remote control's buttons map),
- Mede8er V1.2.2a (player cannot be upgraded),
- Ferguson Ariva HDPlayer 110 (player boots up, remote control won't work at all),
- IcyBox MP305A-B (player won't boot up),
- Brite-View BV-5005HD (player cannot be upgraded),
- AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 Playon!HD (player cannot be upgraded).
That is it, for now :-)

I have Patriot Box Office and are looking for a way to update it w/ Mede8er or Playon or other device firwares. Does anyone know how to do it and will it work? Thanks in advance.

Maybe if we extract core files and build custom install.img the upgrade procedure can be done successful.

EDIT:
More tests:
- Brite-View HDPrimo BV-6000P (player cannot be upgraded),
- Datage HDPro (remote control won't work),
- Ellion Labo 110 (remote control won't work),
- Eminent EM7080_FW_1 (remote control won't work),
- Fantec MM-FHDL (player won't boot up),
- MediaGate M2TV (remote control won't work),
- MediaNow MNP-101 (remote control won't work),
- Prodigi PD-100N (remote control won't work).

I can check other firmware, just give me links for them.

voyage2005
07-01-10, 16:22
- Ferguson Ariva HDPlayer 110 (player boots up, remote control won't work at all),

Maybe if we extract core files and build custom install.img the upgrade procedure can be done successful.

EDIT:
More tests:

Can you help to check below firmware? Thanks!
http://www.himedia.com.hk/firmware/HD300D/HD300A_1.0.2.10.rar

fuzzy80
11-01-10, 10:02
Can you help to check below firmware? Thanks!
http://www.himedia.com.hk/firmware/HD300D/HD300A_1.0.2.10.rar

Unfortunately player cannot be upgraded, there is some error message.

User Name
11-01-10, 16:48
How to recover the player over serial port. I put Emtec N200 v 2465 on it and its continuously reboots.
Thanks in advance

fuzzy80
12-01-10, 14:18
How to recover the player over serial port. I put Emtec N200 v 2465 on it and its continuously reboots.
Thanks in advance

What works for me (hope in your case too):
1. Connect RS cable to the PBO (see this http://obrazki.elektroda.net/81_1155551047.jpg),
2. Turn on any terminal like application, connection at 115200, 8-N-1,
3. Turn on PBO and long press ESC key,
4. Now, you will be able to put some commands, type 'erase -m',
5. Restart PBO with USB stick connected to the PBO with the firmware (install.img file),
6. Either on the terminal and on TV you will see the PBO starting in recovery mode and flashing itself.
7. When finished, restart PBO without USB stick.

flamhaff
16-02-10, 00:32
What works for me (hope in your case too):
1. Connect RS cable to the PBO (see this http://obrazki.elektroda.net/81_1155551047.jpg),
2. Turn on any terminal like application, connection at 115200, 8-N-1,
3. Turn on PBO and long press ESC key,
4. Now, you will be able to put some commands, type 'erase -m',
5. Restart PBO with USB stick connected to the PBO with the firmware (install.img file),
6. Either on the terminal and on TV you will see the PBO starting in recovery mode and flashing itself.
7. When finished, restart PBO without USB stick.

A newbie here. I just bricked a HDMP-258S, an identical unit like PBO, by loading the Radiosonic Icy Box firmware. The unit is in a boot loop displaying "High Definition Media Home Theatre" on TV. My remote is not responding.

Your posting looks very encouraging. A few questions:
1. Where is the serial port on PBO?
2. Do I need to build a special RS cable?
3. Where to locate this "ESC" key?
4. Which terminal application to use on XP?

Your other postings are very informational and helpful.

fuzzy80
01-03-10, 13:49
A newbie here. I just bricked a HDMP-258S, an identical unit like PBO, by loading the Radiosonic Icy Box firmware. The unit is in a boot loop displaying "High Definition Media Home Theatre" on TV. My remote is not responding.

Your posting looks very encouraging. A few questions:
1. Where is the serial port on PBO?
2. Do I need to build a special RS cable?
3. Where to locate this "ESC" key?
4. Which terminal application to use on XP?

Your other postings are very informational and helpful.

1. On the left side from the front.
2. Yes. A converter TTL-RS
3. On your keyboard :)
4. I don't know, pick one, there are plenty of them. You may use the built one.

Guys, please don't put other firmwares to your PBO if you don't understand what I wrote. You will brick your device.

Hi-Jack
01-03-10, 14:09
Nice testing, bit it confirms what I said in my first reply :-)
Remote control mappings are different... It might work with universal remote though if you configure the player the firmware is for... Some remote controls like Harmony from Logitech work with a huge DB from users so chances are the correct players are already preconfigured...

Tried that as a test?

fuzzy80
02-03-10, 14:40
I don't have such remote control to try. But, look at this:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/streamers-network-media-players/1091137-hisense-media-player-17.html#post10828265

sergejk
31-03-10, 21:07

EDIT:
More tests:

Hi fuzzy.
Please can you describe how to put new AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 Playon!HD on to PBO ? i am getting hardware error checking during update. I also tried to put installl_a from PBO (P02 firmware version) to install.img of AC Ryan but nothing happens if try to update firmware with that "new" install.img. PBO reboots and hold in black screen state. If i power off-on again it reboots normally into PBO P02.

Thanks in advance!
Brgds,
Sero

tweakradje
01-04-10, 00:38
Playon (and others) now have Vendor ID check in DvdPlayer executable. You will get "Incorrect Firmware" message and probably remote will not work too (apart from ON/OFF)
The Vendor ID is written in special memory. Perhaps you can find RTK docs about it.
I think with serial connection you can get or put new Vendor ID into that special memory. But than you need to find the remote control table in DvdPlayer and substitute you own remote table. That is a lot of work but it can be done.

Cheers

sergejk
01-04-10, 08:22
Playon (and others) now have Vendor ID check in DvdPlayer executable. You will get "Incorrect Firmware" message and probably remote will not work too (apart from ON/OFF)
The Vendor ID is written in special memory. Perhaps you can find RTK docs about it.
I think with serial connection you can get or put new Vendor ID into that special memory. But than you need to find the remote control table in DvdPlayer and substitute you own remote table. That is a lot of work but it can be done.

Cheers

Thanks mate ... any reference how to do it? :)

Apart from that to clear out some doubts:
So i guess if it says "Player cannot be upgraded":
Is it mean that player could be flashed with other firmware but afterwords the PBO cannot be upgraded with any other firmware except to re-initialize with serial cable over hyperterminal!?

Am i right?

Brgds,
S.

fuzzy80
08-04-10, 13:02
Apart from that to clear out some doubts:
So i guess if it says "Player cannot be upgraded":
Is it mean that player could be flashed with other firmware but afterwords the PBO cannot be upgraded with any other firmware except to re-initialize with serial cable over hyperterminal!?

Am i right?

Brgds,
S.

I ment, I was not able to flash the firmware since got various error messages.

lecram
11-06-10, 02:25
AC Ryan PlayOnHD firmware version 3645 and 4701 can be installed on the PBO but it needs to be cracked. Some smart dudes also manage to remap the remote control button so that you can use the remote that came with the PBO. See this link for detailed how to: http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19856#post19856

Enjoy your PBRyan !!!:D