PDA

View Full Version : Simulate AirTunes with (______)

sns
19-01-10, 18:28
okay guys here's the situation: i really want to get rid of AppleTV. I stream music via ATV HDMI into my processor. iTunes sees the ATV like an AirTunes "Speaker" -- what i want to do is consolidate everything into the HDX BD1.

So what i need is to get iTunes to see the BD1 as a "Speaker" and I looked for an app like this on OSX but could not find it. What i did find so far is this:

http://m00nd0g.wordpress.com/2009/06/04/simulate-airtunes-with-popcorn-hour/

Any ideas suggestions GREATLY appreciated!

Hi-Jack
19-01-10, 20:16
Someone would need to develop a client for the HDX and is so new that it's not available. Also, NMT like the PCH is mainly great because it allows community to add stuff to it (applications) which is not possible on the HDX (unless HDX does it themselves in the default firmware).

So... I would not expect this to come soon as HDX itself with the BD1 is at early stage to tune and develop their own firmware whilst previously they applied for the NMT software for their units...

sns
20-01-10, 06:17
Hi-Jack: shouldn't this access the new BD1 and allow me to get rid of AppleTV?

http://yazsoft.com/products/playback/information/

Thanks!

Hi-Jack
20-01-10, 09:27
yes, UPnP should be supported by all media players by now however has it's limits where it does not allow certain formats and options (like external / embedded subtitles and so on)... UPnP is an addition for easier music and picture playback, for video, i can't recommend it still...

sns
20-01-10, 15:21
yes, UPnP should be supported by all media players by now however has it's limits where it does not allow certain formats and options (like external / embedded subtitles and so on)... UPnP is an addition for easier music and picture playback, for video, i can't recommend it still...

Hi-Jack as I stated this is exclusively to use via iTunes and this is for lossless audio files only. I see no point in this functionality for video playback.

All I want to do is stream music via iTunes like I currently do to my AppleTV. But I can't stand my AppleTV for all of its limitations and do not want 2 boxes if this HDX BD1 can do everything that I require, which I really hope it can.

Thanks again