PDA

View Full Version : Question to the community..

mpcuzer
04-02-10, 15:04
I just joined this forum and would like to get some advice from the community here, i hope i didnt post in wrong forum.

Im working for a online store and we are currently expanding our selection to HD players, both Sigma and Realtek based systems.

I have the task to add and categorize this product, it is quite new for me and i do not have much experiece so i would like to ask for advice which specification parameters are important when browsing for hard disk based HD players.

The spacs parameters i have put up now are:

Main Chip:
HDD Slot:
Input Sockets:
Card Reader:
Video Formats:
Video Codecs:
Audio Formats:
Audio Codecs:
Picture Formats:
AV In/Out:
Storage File:
Subtitles:
Image Subtitles:
OSD Language:
Connectivity:
Web Services:
Flash ROM:
Main Memory:
Power Specifications:
Power Consumption:
Dimensions&Weight:
Package Includes:

Please let me know if there is something that should be included or any comments are welcome.

Thanks, and im happy to find this amazing forum wich loads of useful topics i now have to read.

curicum
04-02-10, 16:05
http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php

mpcuzer
05-02-10, 14:26
Thanks for the link, very useful info indeed.

Non of the players we will sell are listed, is the website beeing updeted?

porkepik
05-02-10, 14:59
Unfortunately you can't put specs such as "firmware quality" or "capacity of the company to follow through on their promises" in the feature list. :smile:
The thing about the mediaplayer scene is that between a great and bad player, the basic spec sheet will very often be the same, but once the player has booted up, it will deliver things in a completely different way :p

iboum is quite complete on their list of media players, some of the reviews are mediocre but they definitely are up to date. But it's a young website so they don't list players released before 2008 it seems.
Can you name some of the players that you are selling?

mpcuzer
07-02-10, 10:50
Unfortunately you can't put specs such as "firmware quality" or "capacity of the company to follow through on their promises" in the feature list. :smile:
The thing about the mediaplayer scene is that between a great and bad player, the basic spec sheet will very often be the same, but once the player has booted up, it will deliver things in a completely different way :p

iboum is quite complete on their list of media players, some of the reviews are mediocre but they definitely are up to date. But it's a young website so they don't list players released before 2008 it seems.
Can you name some of the players that you are selling?

As for the firmware quality and company i guess that is up to communities to rate, it would be difficult for sellers to stay impartial on such details.

The players we are selling are Chinese brands only, they all may not be up the the same standards as the western brads, but they all are made in China anyway.

And Chinese manufacturers are not too slow on improving their products for the domestic market, specially when they have insight to the western "technology" at the same factories.

Its an interesting time for this kind of products, now when everything is becoming digitalized. I mean who want to keep DVD disks when you have better picture quality on file.