PDA

View Full Version : What to choose?

J0ker
27-02-10, 16:10
Hello

I've been searching and searching, but i still have to clue about what device to choose.
So guys, i ask for your help!

I don't have a whole lot of demands for it. Don't need bluray stuff since i have my PS3 to handle the blurays. But it being able to actually play HD stuff would be nice ;)
I have all my movies(which will be it's man use) in ISO's, so proper iso support is must.
finally i must be able to be fitted with a harddrive. Preferably a 1.5TB one.

Thanks, Jacob.

w2comp
01-06-10, 09:11
Hello

I've been searching and searching, but i still have to clue about what device to choose.
So guys, i ask for your help!

I don't have a whole lot of demands for it. Don't need bluray stuff since i have my PS3 to handle the blurays. But it being able to actually play HD stuff would be nice ;)
I have all my movies(which will be it's man use) in ISO's, so proper iso support is must.
finally i must be able to be fitted with a harddrive. Preferably a 1.5TB one.

Thanks, Jacob.

Hi, we recommend you:

- EG-R2A

which can fit 3.5"inch HDD (up to 2TB) and support ISO file playback.

Thanks,
W2COMP

nilis
01-06-10, 09:26
In my opinion the Popcorn A200 and/or Mede8er will suit your needs. You can find reviews from both devices in the review section.

Both players can be fitted with an HDD up to 2TB. Note that if you would like to play HD-audio codecs the mede8er will not play those due to a chip (Realtek) limitation. One disadvantage of the A200 is the additional apps (NMT apps) you have to install before you will be able to transfer data from your PC to the hdd of the A200 (using SMB/FTP/NFS). This requires either a format of your HDD to ext3 or installation to an additional USB drive.

I have the A200 and except for the aforementioned issue I like it a lot. You can customize it with a movie jukebox, torrent/nzb downloader and more.

vrossi46
01-06-10, 14:08
Hi, we recommend you
- EG-R1B
which can fit 2.5"inch HDD and support ISO file playback,and is fanless