PDA

View Full Version : pch a200 - competitor?

gregor1
25-03-10, 12:18
Hello

Do you know if other companies (egreat, digitech....) will release NMT players based on new sigma chips.
I really don't like cheap plastic look of A200 and fan.

I'm waiting on design like hdx 1000 ....

Thank you.
Kind regards.

Hi-Jack
25-03-10, 12:30
NMT is syabas home brand (Networked media Tank), otherwise we are speking of NMP's (Network media players). To the questions if oem brands like eGreat will be able to use syabas software on their new products, no... unlikely... but they can bring their own players and own firmware... it takes a lot of time to mature though...

gregor1
25-03-10, 13:56
Yes, my question was regarding NMT (syabas) players.
In the past other brands also have players on NMT platform (hdx 1000...).

Why do you think that is unlikely other brands will have NMT players with sigma 8642,8643?
What is the reason?
Do they only want to sell A200 and nothing else?

I really don't like A200 exterior. It does not go well together with other hi fi equipment.

Thank you.

Sunblock
26-03-10, 12:39
Have you consider the C-200 which blends reasonable well, in my opinion, with other hi-fi equipment?

gregor1
26-03-10, 21:06
Have you consider the C-200 which blends reasonable well, in my opinion, with other hi-fi equipment?

Yes, I did but it's too expensive for me.

grinzecat
11-04-10, 10:18
NMT is syabas home brand (Networked media Tank), otherwise we are speking of NMP's (Network media players). To the questions if oem brands like eGreat will be able to use syabas software on their new products, no... unlikely... but they can bring their own players and own firmware... it takes a lot of time to mature though...
Interesting enough that Egreat uses NMT as well for their players http://www.egreathd.com/
"Welcome to EgreatHD NMT Sales Site!"
"The ever popular EGreat EG-M31B is a NMT..."

Hi-Jack
11-04-10, 10:39
The older units are NMT as using Syabas firmware (same as popcorn). The newer ones aren't NMT's.