PDA

View Full Version : Dune HD Lite 53D

vrossi46
29-10-10, 20:26
I cant find,where can i buy "Dune HD Lite 53D" .
If somebody know please post a link.

Regards
vrossi46

drm870
29-10-10, 23:03
Based on the shops I've looked at, not sure if they've shipped yet.

JesusC
19-01-11, 09:26
Does anyone know where I could find some kind of comparison-table for the Lite 53D and the Prime 3.0?

I'd like to replace an older player of mine either with another Prime 3.0 or the 53D (since I don't need BR/DVD-Playback in that room).

HDM1
19-01-11, 17:16
for u http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26042

JesusC
19-01-11, 19:48
Yeah I already saw that but thx. Problem is that the pictures only help a little.

It would be interesting for me to know if for example the whole yaDIS-thing runs as smoothly on the 53D as it does on the Prime 3.0?

thx

jC

gregoma
06-02-11, 20:05
Let that refreshes on Dune 53 D HD Lite?
Do you already are the first tests of this player? Price is interesting. What is the background of Dune Smart. It is a budget product so it will be something missing. Is not it better to choose proven med500 x player ?

Regards gregoma

szsori
20-02-11, 06:23
It would be interesting for me to know if for example the whole yaDIS-thing runs as smoothly on the 53D as it does on the Prime 3.0?

Nobody will know until they actually run one, but the Lite 53D should perform about as well based on the specs. Updated processor but half the RAM... that's really what it comes down to in terms of processing ability. The Lite 53D can supposedly do full 1080p, which is far more processor intense than rendering the yaDIS dune_folder.txt GUI. If you're not willing to risk it, just hold off a couple of weeks.

I ordered my Lite 53D a couple weeks ago and spoke with the company today. They informed me that they're being shipped in now and that they'll know whether they cleared customs in a day or two, and that they'd be shipping to customers later this week. You should be able to get decent feedback by the end of the month. I also own a Dune Prime 3.0, but needed something like the Lite for my normal TV now that my new theater got the Prime.

vrossi46
20-02-11, 08:33
Did someone test IPTV on Dune players? And if yes,please tell us how it work.

GTunney
20-02-11, 11:06
Nobody will know until they actually run one, but the Lite 53D should perform about as well based on the specs. Updated processor but half the RAM... that's really what it comes down to in terms of processing ability. The Lite 53D can supposedly do full 1080p, which is far more processor intense than rendering the yaDIS dune_folder.txt GUI. If you're not willing to risk it, just hold off a couple of weeks.

I ordered my Lite 53D a couple weeks ago and spoke with the company today. They informed me that they're being shipped in now and that they'll know whether they cleared customs in a day or two, and that they'd be shipping to customers later this week. You should be able to get decent feedback by the end of the month. I also own a Dune Prime 3.0, but needed something like the Lite for my normal TV now that my new theater got the Prime.

I've had my 53D for a few days now and it's awesome i totally love it. It's really fast and Zappiti handles really quick with over 400 movies in it.

Yes it does also play 1080p without any issues. I had some small issues when playing Simpsons Movie in 1080p but this was related to my NAS not the Dune.

My advice, if you haven't got the budget for the high end models, this will be perfect.

BrianAz
02-03-11, 22:31
Where did you purchase? Thanks.

KillroyWasHere
03-03-11, 02:16
In the US get it from Duneplayer.com. They did have them in stock but it seems they are out again.

BrianAz
03-03-11, 02:33
In the US get it from Duneplayer.com. They did have them in stock but it seems they are out again.

Thanks... I must've missed it. I had been checking every so often but they always just said pre-order. I'll email them.

KillroyWasHere
03-03-11, 02:41
Thanks... I must've missed it. I had been checking every so often but they always just said pre-order. I'll email them.

I know, I wanted to buy another one and I hesitated too long and now they are out of stock. That will teach me.

GTunney
22-03-11, 11:17
Where did you purchase? Thanks.

I live in the UK so it wasn't available any where so i got mine imported from HD Land in France.

AndrewLuecke
08-06-11, 14:38
Does anyone know where I could find some kind of comparison-table for the Lite 53D and the Prime 3.0?

I'd like to replace an older player of mine either with another Prime 3.0 or the 53D (since I don't need BR/DVD-Playback in that room).

G'day.

Its a slightly older post, but just letting you know that there is also a comparison table for the newer models on http://jayveetechnologies.com.au/av/hdi-dune/dune-hd-model-comparison.html

In regards of where to buy, which country were you interested in? In Australia, there both distributors list their resellers, and stock is plentiful currently everywhere.

We've found its a great player, however, one thing to keep in mind is that Blu-Ray menus don't currently display. Dune HD has noted in their blog though that Blu-Ray Lite will be added in future firmware's to the Dune Firmware.

And I can confirm, that it definitely plays back 1080p. All the 1080p files I tested worked fine (not sure what the limitations on Bitrate is, but I haven't encountered it yet).

Hope that helps other people who have the same question.

jowi_kuro
28-06-11, 20:17
I almost recommended the Lite to a friend, until i found out that it does not play bluray iso's or folders... which suprised me. I thought all dune's were the same in firmware/functionality.

KillroyWasHere
28-06-11, 20:50
I almost recommended the Lite to a friend, until i found out that it does not play bluray iso's or folders... which suprised me. I thought all dune's were the same in firmware/functionality.

I posted about it here: http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218526&postcount=10