PDA

View Full Version : It is not here yet but: First impressions of V2?

Sjonnie
18-12-10, 11:28
Hi All,

I thought that an empty sub forum looked a bit silly. So to create a first thread I thought I would anticipate on the V2 release of yaDIS scheduled to appear real soon.

Let's keep this thread about things you like or dislike in V2. We can create new threads for any problems we might encounter of questions/wishes we have.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

flow666
18-12-10, 12:50
i think this is the new version : :-)

http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview%202.0/movie1.jpg
http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview%202.0/movie2.jpg
http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview%202.0/movie3.jpg
http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview%202.0/movie4.jpg
http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview%202.0/tv1.jpg

Sjonnie
18-12-10, 13:01
Hi flow666,

So...what do you think of it? What do you like in V2?

Are you a beta tester? Or a translator? Or can I change the title of this thread (as it must have arrived then)

Edit: Never mind the questions;) These pics were already shown in the main yaDIS thread :-S

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Jack.Bauer
18-12-10, 17:47
Yeah I saw these pictures before and it is what really got me interested.

I only have two concerns:

1) The english scraper. I visited that website (forget what it is now) and I just am skeptical it's as good as IMDB.

2) The few pictures of the interface on the Dune... Well I just have no comment because I'm not sure if I saw what they are and that they really are that simple and bland compared to the PC interface. (the browsing of categories specifically, not movies)

But I love the PC interface. Love it.

Sjonnie
18-12-10, 19:40
Yeah I saw these pictures before and it is what really got me interested.

I only have two concerns:

1) The english scraper. I visited that website (forget what it is now) and I just am skeptical it's as good as IMDB.

2) The few pictures of the interface on the Dune... Well I just have no comment because I'm not sure if I saw what they are and that they really are that simple and bland compared to the PC interface. (the browsing of categories specifically, not movies)

But I love the PC interface. Love it.

Hi Jack.Bauer,

AFAIK yaDIS scrapes from Cine Passion. We could always decide to fill the databse of Cine Passion with the movies that they have not in their database (we might even abuse Zappiti or Ember Media Manager for that;))

Greetz,

Sjonnie

flow666
18-12-10, 19:41
Hey,
no im not a beta tester (i wish i would be)
these pics are from the thread ;-)
im exited as anybody else here about vers 2, cant wait for it to release!

ps: its so great to see how many peoply from so many different countries are working together for one programm! (for free!!!!!!)
why couldnt it always be like this in the world?

porkyhead
19-12-10, 17:53
I am a translator and have had some time to play around with yaDIS 2.0. My overall impression is positive but I had a huge struggle getting my media files into yaDIS. After writing back and forth with Fred-L and doing a lot of experimenting I found out that my media folders contained mac OS X system files (names like "_VUC69~7") which made yaDIS unable to load my files. So for all of you having those files - delete them if you want to use yaDIS 2.0 ;)

I though still have some unsolved problems:

- AFAIK it is not possible to process a movie that isn't found in the movie database (hope I have missed something because it was possible in v1.0).

- Some of my TV series are not found (they were in 1.0) and I manually have to add background images (cover images are OK) for most of my TV series.

And a detected bug:

- The autogenerated Dune path was one directory level too high
E.g. smb://NETWORKSPACE2/OpenShare
instead of smb://NETWORKSPACE2/OpenShare/Film

Done get me wrong - this might sound very negative to you but I really think Fred-L has done a great job and I love the increased level of customization :)

skank
19-12-10, 18:04
porkyhead

I'm currently installing an unraid server...
Any suggestions which filestructure i should use?
like c:\movies\avatar\..
or per genre
or what?

flugs
19-12-10, 18:29
Thanks for your first impressions "Porkyhead"

what do you mean by the wrong path?
Has this been fixed?
Could we use yaDIS (I suppose the wrong path stops from accessing the movie file later)?

Thanks in advance,
A+
flugs

porkyhead
19-12-10, 18:44
porkyhead

or per genre
or what?

I use one folder per movie structure (like c:\movies\avatar\..) and it works fine for me and yaDIS :) I have TV shows like [show]/[season]/[episode] and yaDIS 2.0 were able to find my shows contrary to v. 1.0.

porkyhead
19-12-10, 18:49
Thanks for your first impressions "Porkyhead"

what do you mean by the wrong path?
Has this been fixed?
Could we use yaDIS (I suppose the wrong path stops from accessing the movie file later)?

Thanks in advance,
A+
flugs

The auto-generated Dune path is wrong because when I export my files I am not able to play them on my Dune, but the path is editable so I just added the extra level manually. The Dune path is only important when exporting - yaDIS is fully usable (PC side) with a wrong path, but you will not be able to play you files with a wrong Dune path.

Hope that answers you questions :)

flugs
19-12-10, 18:55
Salut Porkyhead,

I think it has answered my question.
If I can manually edit the path, it will be usable.

I have not been using yaDIS until now, as I have multiple movies in one folder and I do not want to change this.
That is why I'm waiting for version 2.
So sorry, if my questions are basic and answers are evident for somebody who knows yaDIS 1.x.

Thanks again,
A+
flugs

delpinsky
20-12-10, 06:06
Any chance to see in V2 album covers from Mp3/M4a/Flac... tags or simply adding them manually? Or it just work for movies?

Never tried V1, but I'm amazed by V2 screenshots... :)

Sjonnie
20-12-10, 07:08
Any chance to see in V2 album covers from Mp3/M4a/Flac... tags or simply adding them manually? Or it just work for movies?

Never tried V1, but I'm amazed by V2 screenshots... :)

Hi delpinsky,

yaDIS works for video files. Be it movies or TV shows. Audio files (i.e. mp3) are not supported AFAIK. There is demand for a music jukebox but untill now nobody has created one.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

yannis
20-12-10, 10:46
porkyhead

or per genre
or what?

Since recommending unRaid to you, I've been following your progress on the unRaid forums. I'm sure you'll have found, as I did, that they are very knowledgeable and helpful people.

As for your question, the next thing you'll need to look into is user shares. These enable you to create a single share which can span multiple HDDs so that it appears as a single large share to anything accessing it.

I found that scrapers like Zapitti (don't know about Yadis) need to be (or at least work better) if they are in the in the root of the drive where the movies are stored. So, for unRaid, I set up a share called "AlDisks". Basically on the root of every HDD, there is a folder called "AllDisks". The share name is "Tower\AllDisks". This is level 0 in unRaid.

Then for movies, most of these scrapers (and other media players for that matter) require each movie to be in it's own folder. i.e. a separate folder for each movie. So, under "AllDisks" I created a folder called "Movies". (When you create a user share, unRaid will create the folders for you). So on each HDD you have AllDisks\Movies. This is level 1 on UnRaid. The user share is simply "Tower\Movies".

Then you create a folder for each movie so the path would be "Tower\AllDisks\Movies\movie 1.....movie 2.....movie3" etc.

If you use "High Water" as the setting for your share, then you don't need to think about which HDD the movie will be saved to. UnRaid will put them all on the same disk until this reaches a high water mark (initially 50%) then it will start to fill the next disk until this reaches the high water mark and so on. Once all disks have been filled to the initial high water mark, a new higher one will be set.

When you want to access the movies, you simply point the media player (or scraper) to "Tower\Movies" (or it might be "Tower\AllDisks\Movies").

Setting up the "AllDisks" user share may not be necessary but I found it worked better for me that way.

Hope this explains it. If you have any more questions, post them on the unRaid forums as those guys are much more knowledgeable than me.