PDA

View Full Version : Where are the files moved?

Peter123
24-12-10, 12:40
ok, I am new to this... both with Dune and Dune indexer programs.

As I saw that V2 was soon to be released I didn't test V1. So I have now installed V2 and tried this program out, and as a result all the files and directories were moved.

But where?
I can't play the movies/tv series I tested on, and I can't find the avi/mkv files anywhere?

What does yadis do?
Are the media files gone?

flugs
24-12-10, 13:24
Salut,

if you had configured the dune-interface at the same location as your movies/tv shows, your files are lost, because you have not read the message.

When exporting the dune-interface yaDIS clears the folder first (which is making sense), but you have a message when you configure.

(for example you have your movies on the internal HDD of your Dune in a Movies-folder, if you configure the folder of the Dune-interface on the root of this drive, the whole drive will be cleared).

I think Fred has added a second message, but as he said somewhere in the forum, you will have to read it.

Therefore it is recommended that you define a specific folder for the Dune interface (e.g. \yaDIS).

Normally, up to what I know, yaDIS is not moving any files.

I do not know if it would be possible for Fred to prevent export, if the Dune-interface is defines below or on the same folder of a media-folder.

A+
flugs

erol
24-12-10, 14:41
>your files are lost, because you have not read the message.

This is stupid.

There should be an automatic check - when avi or mp4 or mkv is in folder or subfolder - NO DELETE allowed.

there are a lot of unhappy people already.
(fortunately myself not included)

nobody reads any warnings nowdays anyway.

Fred-L
24-12-10, 14:59
>your files are lost, because you have not read the message.

This is stupid.

There should be an automatic check - when avi or mp4 or mkv is in folder or subfolder - NO DELETE allowed.

there are a lot of unhappy people already.
(fortunately myself not included)

nobody reads any warnings nowdays anyway.
:shock:

nobody reads any warnings nowdays anywaySorry but this is also stupid.

flugs
24-12-10, 15:00
Salut,

I think that Fred-L is using a specific method to delete all content of the Dune-interface location, without taking care about the files.
If you have taken a look how this is organized you would see that there are a lot of folders and sub-folders to generate the Dune-interface.
I do not think he is iterating one by one.

When you format a drive, the OS will ask you once, if you are sure to proceed and warn you that every data on the drive will be deleted.

In the latest release yaDIS already asks twice.
I think the user is responsible of what he is doing and if he decides not to read the message, it is his problem.
It is too simple to blame the developer for "your" personal errors.
(not you specifically as you have not made it).

A+
flugs

yannis
24-12-10, 15:32
Salut,

I think that Fred-L is using a specific method to delete all content of the Dune-interface location, without taking care about the files.
If you have taken a look how this is organized you would see that there are a lot of folders and sub-folders to generate the Dune-interface.
I do not think he is iterating one by one.

When you format a drive, the OS will ask you once, if you are sure to proceed and warn you that every data on the drive will be deleted.

In the latest release yaDIS already asks twice.
I think the user is responsible of what he is doing and if he decides not to read the message, it is his problem.
It is too simple to blame the developer for "your" personal errors.
(not you specifically as you have not made it).

A+
flugs

Whilst that is true, when you format a drive, it's for a specific reason and you know what the outcome will be. When you instal any piece of software, you do not expect it to wipe out programmes or software which already exist. Most new software will create it's own folder where files will reside. IMO Yadis should do the same.

flugs
24-12-10, 15:39
Salut,

yaDIS is doing this only for the Dune-interface location, which has to be defined by the user as the Dune would need to access this location.

I think the message displayed is clear.

Only possibility would be that yaDIS automatically adds a yaDIS folder to the location and uses location\yaDIS for the export.

In this case if the user would choose C\: the interface would be written to C:\yaDIS.
But possibly some users would like to be able to choose the root of a drive.

A+
flugs

tertm141
24-12-10, 15:49
Its a free program, what else do u still want? We should appreciate people hard work & time taken for a program like this. Install at your own risk.

Peter123
25-12-10, 14:34
Thanks for the answers.

Only to clearify things, I sure did read the messages but I as I wrote above I never thought that the screaper would actually delete my files, I simply thought that it would delete scraper files...

I would never imagine that a scrapper would be able to delete my media files, but I learnt something new here...

skank
25-12-10, 21:27
glad i've read this :p