PDA

View Full Version : Yadis and unraid

skank
01-01-11, 18:36
Anyone using yadis on an unraid server and streaming with your dune? i'm about to , and might need help :)

yannis
01-01-11, 19:36
Anyone using yadis on an unraid server and streaming with your dune? i'm about to , and might need help :)

I currently have both Zapitti and Yadis installed and working with unRaid. I'll be sticking with Zapitti but if you get stuck, I can tell how I have Yadis configured.

Jack.Bauer
02-01-11, 03:17
Using Yadis v2, installed on a USB stick attached to my Dune 3 Prime.

The only HD that fires up is the one with the movie on :)

skank
02-01-11, 13:59
I currently have both Zapitti and Yadis installed and working with unRaid. I'll be sticking with Zapitti but if you get stuck, I can tell how I have Yadis configured.

why do you prefer zappiti over yadis v2 then?
Also im wondering what to do with the dune, since i dont have a system storage anymore

make the system storage on an usb stick? mem stick?
and where to put the yadis files? on the unraid server? on mem stick or on the usb stick?

skank
02-01-11, 14:00
Using Yadis v2, installed on a USB stick attached to my Dune 3 Prime.

The only HD that fires up is the one with the movie on :)

so you got yadis on your usb stick
the movies on an unraid server
and what about system storage?

Jack.Bauer
02-01-11, 20:47
so you got yadis on your usb stick
the movies on an unraid server
and what about system storage?

No system storage.

Yadis appears right on the Dune menu though... Using the released beta firmware.

yannis
02-01-11, 23:37
why do you prefer zappiti over yadis v2 then?
Also im wondering what to do with the dune, since i dont have a system storage anymore

make the system storage on an usb stick? mem stick?
and where to put the yadis files? on the unraid server? on mem stick or on the usb stick?

For me persoanaly, Zappiti handles multiple disc or movie groups better. I can have one group called (say) "Star Wars" with it's own cover art and within this each of the 6 episodes each with their own cover art. I have the same for Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Matrix trilogy, the Bourne trilogy etc. I can't do that with Yadis. Also, I prefer that I can change the movie title which Zappiti uses to sort item by whereas with Yadis 2.0 I'd have to change the file name.

I still have Dune system storage on a USB stick.

I also have the Yadis files on my UnRaid server. I explained before that I have one user share called "AllDisks". This is where Yadis (and Zappiti) reside. Within "All Disks" I have a folder called "Movies" (the same structure exists on all data discs). So effectively, as far as the Dune (or any other media player is concerned) the unRaid server looks like one huge smb share with Yadis and Zappiti at the root and all the movie folders under a single folder. In fact, the movies are stored accross a number of discs.

I've set spindown on all my discs to 30 minutes so in practice, on first accessing Yadis or Zappiti, I have to wait a few seconds for the right disc to spin up. So, putting the Yadis files on a USB stick and plugging this into the Dune might speed up the initial access time. But I lke to keep things simple so prefer to do it the way I have. Of course, once a movie is playing, all other discs will spin down (or remain spun down).

skank
03-01-11, 07:37
mm
i migt use an usb stick then and have 2 partitions on it
one for system storage
one for yadis/zappiti

ist true that yadis doenst support movie groups... , he knows this and this would be for the upcoming next release

skank
22-01-11, 08:35
I installed yadis on the server now..
But its not working 100%
I got a user share called "Movies"
\Movies\Alien\...
\Aliens\..
then i have another user share called "yadis"
\yadis\...

i make the shortcut on my dune mainscreen to yadis
it works but with half of the movies (although scraping it worked)
i get the blue screen from dune when i want to see the plot summary
all covers do work though, but as i said, when i press the enter button, i get the blue screen instead of the plot page (with 50% of all my movies)

any reason?

skank
22-01-11, 10:38
maybe be better explained:

Strange thing, its not working 100% with yadis.
i got this on my disc 2
\Movies
\Music
\Yadis

On my disc1
\Movies

Also i got following user shares:
Movies
Music
Yadis

The movies section has a split level 1
Movies are devided over disc 1&2 so far..
On my dune main screen i got a shortcut to the yadis folder
When i start that, everything works ok, i got covers everywhere
However 50% of the movies, when i click the cover to get to the plot page, i get a full blu screen from yadis, with no template (although scraping and exporting worked)
when i try to play the movie , he says no video is present

yannis
22-01-11, 16:25
Sounds a bit like you've pointed Yadis at a disc share, rather than a user share.

skank
22-01-11, 16:40
Sounds a bit like you've pointed Yadis at a disc share, rather than a user share.

no 100% sure i pointed yadis to a user share
Say, even if i pointed to a disc share, it should work right?
But its not ...
Could this be cause of a movie thats on a disc that unraid has stopped spinning?
or cause of the split level of the "yadis user share"?

yannis
22-01-11, 18:47
I don't know. Have you put Yadis resources in a user share or on a disc share? If you access a disc which is spun down, it'll take a few seconds to spin up but should still work I'd have thought.

I've told you how mine is configured but you've obviously chosen to configure yours differently so I can't advise further I'm afraid.

skank
22-01-11, 18:52
yadis is on a user share too
setup is not that different from yours...
whats your split level?

skank
22-01-11, 20:07
Or could it be the fact that i use different shares?
\yadis
\movies

instead of everything under 1 share? maybe dune cant open more shares?

yannis
22-01-11, 21:54
Or could it be the fact that i use different shares?
\yadis
\movies

instead of everything under 1 share? maybe dune cant open more shares?

Exactly so. Most media players have problems with multiple shares. Sometimes there are work arounds, sometimes not. That's why I have my unraid set the way I do. It works with any media player and any third party app. No need to mess with absolute paths or any of that stuff.

To reiterate, I have a user share called "AllDisks" split level = 2, allocation method = High Water, Export (SMB) set to Export read/write. This is at the root of every HDD. It will appear as a root folder for one huge disc to anything pointed to it. So, within "AllDisks" I have a "Movies" folder, a "TV series" folder, a "-Zapitti" folder, a "-Zapitti Resources" folder and a "Zadis" folder. So Zapitti and Yadis are at the same level as Movies and TV Series. Split level 2 for "AllDisks" means that as I add movies, when one HDD reaches the high water level, further movies will be strored on the next HDD etc, but individual movie files will not be split across discs.

skank
22-01-11, 22:06
ok will see if that solves the problem

skank
23-01-11, 19:23
problem solved, thanks !

yannis
23-01-11, 21:48
You're wellcome.