PDA

View Full Version : How to set up multi-disc movies?

farside847
06-01-11, 03:30
Hi there, I have a few movies that have multiple disc's in iso format (gone with the wind, lord of the rings, etc).

What is the best way to set these up in yadis?

currently I have all my iso's in one directory.

thanks

thibs
06-01-11, 13:29
Just a quick note, if you're annoyed by multi disc movies and want to stop that.
Use MakeMKV, il will make a single MKV of these and problem solved (if MKVs are OK for you).

That's what I did.

Fred-L
06-01-11, 14:08
Hi there, I have a few movies that have multiple disc's in iso format (gone with the wind, lord of the rings, etc).

What is the best way to set these up in yadis?

currently I have all my iso's in one directory.

thanks
For movies that have multiple files, put these files in one folder. The folder name must be the movie name.
Then yaDIS will create a playlist that will be played by the Dune player.
The order of playing will be the alphabetical order of the video files.

steva02
06-01-11, 22:38
And when the disc's are in non-iso format? I have the Movie The DaVinci Code in a map with the movie name. In that map i have 2 sub-maps named Disc1 en Disc2. In each sub-map i have a VIDEO_TS map. Yadis can't find the movie. What do i wrong?

farside847
06-01-11, 22:46
thank you for the replies. This solution seems interesting, how does it behave? ISO's are full DVDs with menus, etc.

- does the system assume you always want to play the second disc right after the first? most ISOs do not complete when the movie is done, it goes back to the menu.

- how do you select the second disc to play? to you hit play, it pulls up the first ISO, hit stop, then it pulls up the second ISO? Or can you select what disc you would like to play?

thanks

Fred-L
07-01-11, 15:56
You can't use structures or ISOs for movies in multiple files. The playlist system will not work. And this is not the yaDIS's fault ;)

farside847
07-01-11, 18:52
You can't use structures or ISOs for movies in multiple files. The playlist system will not work. And this is not the yaDIS's fault ;)

Understood. I guess I can set up each disc as a separate movie for now, and add it to the wish list :)