PDA

View Full Version : yaDIS 2.0 Writeup/Walkthrough

dbone1026
04-02-11, 18:16
I just posted a brief writeup/walkthrough on setting up yaDIS 2.0. Hopefully someone finds this helpful. Let me know if I may have missed anything, the only thing I am unsure of is exactly what the IP Control accomplishes (i.e. how is this different then the current IP remotes already available for the Dunes) and what the Tools menu is.

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/02/04/guide-setting-up-yadis-2-0-for-the-dune/

chrismilne
10-03-11, 17:32
Thanks. The only thing i'm not sure about is where am i "supposed" to set my dune interface location to? I've been scared since seeing the people that lost all of their movies by putting in the same location as their media...but in your screenshot it seems like yours is as well (different subfolder) so i'm not sure if that is ok.

Anyone help me on this one?

dbone1026
10-03-11, 18:11
Thanks. The only thing i'm not sure about is where am i "supposed" to set my dune interface location to? I've been scared since seeing the people that lost all of their movies by putting in the same location as their media...but in your screenshot it seems like yours is as well (different subfolder) so i'm not sure if that is ok.

Anyone help me on this one?

My Movies are all stored on my Windows Home Server under my Videos Shared folder (I have subfolders for various types such as Movies HD, Movies SD, TV Shows, etc...). Also under my Videos Shared folder I have a subfolder called Jukebox yaDIS. This is where I export my yaDIS database to, and then access via the Dune (placing a shortcut on t he Main Menu). I know other people like to export their jukebox to a separate thumb drive, really just personal preference

chrismilne
10-03-11, 18:48
My Movies are all stored on my Windows Home Server under my Videos Shared folder (I have subfolders for various types such as Movies HD, Movies SD, TV Shows, etc...). Also under my Videos Shared folder I have a subfolder called Jukebox yaDIS. This is where I export my yaDIS database to, and then access via the Dune (placing a shortcut on t he Main Menu). I know other people like to export their jukebox to a separate thumb drive, really just personal preference

Thank you. I gave it a go. I then browsed to the folder from the dune, but while i can see the interface fine i can't play any movies, i get this error....

"Error getting file information Path: Network browse... Error: No such file or directory"

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SL3wnO5scdHg8gLyV7rjdQ?feat=directlink

I browsed to the "-" folder and found (which seems right): media_url=smb://192.168.1.106/Videos/Tsai Chin Live in Hong Kong 2010/Tsai.Chin.HK.Concert.Live.Karaoke.2010.mkv

** to clarify one thing, while 1.x worked i never used the "jukebox" functionality, i just browsed to the folders on the dune for MKV, BLURAY, DVD etc and opened them. I guess thats because it had the basic export that put all the files in the media folder itself. Do i have to clear those out or anything? When i look at the "-" folder that 1.x created inside the folder with the media itself it shows:

media_url=../Tsai.Chin.HK.Concert.Live.Karaoke.2010.mkv

chrismilne
10-03-11, 19:27
Nevermind...i re-read my post and realized it didn't pick up the subdirectory in the SMB path.

I had this setup as a mapped network drive on my windows 7 pc and i guess with mapped drive like that it didn't get my subdirectory under whs\videos.

Works now!

How did you copy the Yadis icon to the main dune screen?

Thanks.

dbone1026
10-03-11, 19:33
Nevermind...i re-read my post and realized it didn't pick up the subdirectory in the SMB path.

I had this setup as a mapped network drive on my windows 7 pc and i guess with mapped drive like that it didn't get my subdirectory under whs\videos.

Works now!

How did you copy the Yadis icon to the main dune screen?

Thanks.

I was just about to ask about your smb path.

To get the icon on the main screen you need to have system storage set up on your DUne

chrismilne
12-03-11, 20:20
Thanks i do have a usb drive attached ( i have other links to folders). However, when i go to the yadis icon and use pop up i do not get the add to main menu option, and if i manually try to create a new shortcut it can't find it. It's in the following location \\chriswhs\videos\jukebox yadis.

So what would i put for the link?

I used:

SMB
Chriswhs
jukebox yadis
or
videos\jukebox yadis

Neither worked. The folders that i had that worked are all root folders, but they are just
SMB
Chriswhs
Foldername

Thanks.

dbone1026
12-03-11, 21:28
Thanks i do have a usb drive attached ( i have other links to folders). However, when i go to the yadis icon and use pop up i do not get the add to main menu option, and if i manually try to create a new shortcut it can't find it. It's in the following location \\chriswhs\videos\jukebox yadis.

So what would i put for the link?

I used:

SMB
Chriswhs
jukebox yadis
or
videos\jukebox yadis

Neither worked. The folders that i had that worked are all root folders, but they are just
SMB
Chriswhs
Foldername

Thanks.

Did you actually initialize system storage though? You cannot add the yaDIS shortcut to the main menu without system storage

chrismilne
13-03-11, 04:03
Yeah i definitely have system storage set up, it says 75mb of 4Gb used.

If you don't mind what was the actual procedure you used to get it there? Either of the two ways i listed before?

dbone1026
13-03-11, 13:40
Yeah i definitely have system storage set up, it says 75mb of 4Gb used.

If you don't mind what was the actual procedure you used to get it there? Either of the two ways i listed before?

This is a quick blurb I wrote in one of my Dune writeups:

You are going to want to add a Zappiti shortcut to your Dune Main Menu to easily access the Zappiti jukebox (to create a shortcut you must be using Dune firmware 100706_1032_beta). To do this you will need to have system storage set up on your Dune. The easiest way to do this is to attach a USB Thumb drive to your Dune (keep in mind the thumb drive must remain connected to the Dune, so make sure you use a thumb drive that you will not need elsewhere). Download the System Storage Utilities from here (http://store.duneplayer.com/shop/custom.aspx?recid=2) and copy over to a shared folder that you can access on the Dune. With the USB thumb drive connected to the Dune, navigate to the System Storage Utilities files via the Dune and execute the “dune_service_init_system_storage.dsf” file. Once done you should now have system storage set up.

To create the shortcut, navigate to the folder where you exported your Zappiti jukebox to from the Dune in the file browser, press MENU, choose “Add to main screen” in the popup menu. You should now have Zappiti as a shortcut on your Main Menu

chrismilne
13-03-11, 16:59
Yeah, weird. I get that with most folders (add to main screen), but not with the "yadis jukebox" folder. Oh well, i can live with browsing one more directory.

Thanks for the help!