PDA

View Full Version : Synology trouble

8t88
10-02-11, 23:22
Hello there,

Iḿ using Yadis with great pleasure until i wanted to move some movie's to a share on my Synology NAS. I store my movies in different place (like Dune int HDD, Dune ext HDD, networkshare on multiple computers) and everything works fine.... But when i want to use share on the synology NAS i always get an error from my dune player, when i browse through network on the Dune i can enter the share and play my movies. But when i want to use Yadis to connect to the exact same share it gives me an error....

I hope someone else with an synology can help me out with the exact path to use within Yadis.

With Kind Regards,

Marco

Visioner
11-02-11, 01:19
to get help, please post more informations about your curent configuration.

path in yadis? name of the share, ...

8t88
11-02-11, 09:29
to get help, please post more informations about your curent configuration.

path in yadis? name of the share, ...

Will do that later, i'm @ work on the moment! THANX

8t88
11-02-11, 23:34
These are the used paths:

Path to the folder : \\CS407\video\HD_Serie

Path for the Dune : smb://192.168.2.10/video/HD_Serie or smb://CS407/video/HD_Serie

the Dune path give's me headaches, i tried this already in 20 different versions, the rest of my network shares are all fine exept this one which goes to my Synology (CS407).

Any help appreciated....

Sunblock
12-02-11, 06:01
Did you grant rights of use for the Dune in the Synology NAS respective folder? In your case ... HD_Serie.

Off track: Have you try using NFS?

8t88
12-02-11, 11:41
Did you grant rights of use for the Dune in the Synology NAS respective folder? In your case ... HD_Serie.

Off track: Have you try using NFS?

The rights are on the parent folder 'video', that isn't the problem also as when i use the network browser from the dune player i can play what ever i want from it. It hust that Yadis needs an absolute path to the HD_Serie directory.

Did not try NFS yet, because everything works through samba like a dream execpt Yadis > Synology

Visioner
13-02-11, 03:29
The following Dune path for your source folder doesn't work:
storage_uuid://Internal_c070b67c70b6792c/MOVIES , why?
Remove "Internal_" from the Dune path.
Auto-generation of dune path do not work well when the disk name contains underscore ("_") characters.

perhaps this answer of the faq helps you

8t88
13-02-11, 22:25
perhaps this answer of the faq helps you

This also isn't an solution, i'm getting pretty hopeless if i ever will be able to use this combination of hard- and software.....

There must be someone here on this forum who has an familiar setup:

Dune + Synology shares + Yadis

If anyone can help me out with a clear answer on how to get the absolute path for the Yadis software to reach a share on my Synology i'm willing to give my right hand for it :-)

Sunblock
14-02-11, 03:41
Don't know this will helps but would like to share my experience.

I have a similar setup (Dune B1 + Synology DS1010) except for Yadis because I am using Zappiti and had also been scratching my head initially but got it working re the absoulte path for nfs.

Initially, I just enter without the "volume1" and it was a NO NO until it was amended with "volume1" for nfs/

Below are what i meant for both smb and nfs:

Path for Dune SMB://ds1010/movie
Path for Dune NFS://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/volume1/movie

Fyi, Read/Write privileges are given within the Synology Folder for the mount path:/volume1/movie to all respective devices's IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Hope this info helps ..

8t88
14-02-11, 09:46
Found it!!!!!!!

I had placed the Yadis database on my Synology, somewhere on the net i read that that could give some problems (Dune cannot use 2 samba shares at once...) . So i moved the Yadis database to my internal HDD of the Dune and VOILA!!!! This has giving some much headaches...... but it's solved now! :-)