PDA

View Full Version : Musicnizer with illustrated music catalog for Dune

movienizer
30-03-11, 17:00
We are working on a music organizer program, Musicnizer (http://www.musicnizer.com). The program will be capable of creating an illustrated music catalog for Dune players.
http://www.musicnizer.com/images/musicnizer-album2.jpg
http://www.musicnizer.com/images/musicnizer_album.jpg
http://www.musicnizer.com/images/musicnizer_bands.jpg
Most probably you have already heard of or are using another our program, Movienizer (http://www.movienizer.com). Musicnizer is based on this program, but, of course, many things had to be put in a different way.

If you have a big collection of music that you play on your Dune and if you'd like to beta-test the program, please contact us (http://www.movienizer.com/cgi-bin/support?language=en).

tbass2k
31-03-11, 01:11
Played around with the interface here at work, this is nice; I will export to my dune on my pc at home. Is there any type of setup documentation available?

Malignant
31-03-11, 08:49
Looks really interesting.

I've been waiting for something like this for some time now.
But since i recently got a Sonos system i don't play that much audio with my dune anymore.

What i would like to know is how is the data stored ? In a index file, in the folders ?
And if so does it interfere with other systems ( i.e. Sonos & windows using floder.jpg )

And is there any chance of supporting Music DVD's ?

skipuppy
01-04-11, 05:05
This looks great I am currently ripping my entire music colloection to a 2tb harddrive.
Thanks for letting us know about the Musicnizer
Skipuppy

movienizer
01-04-11, 13:22
Played around with the interface here at work, this is nice; I will export to my dune on my pc at home. Is there any type of setup documentation available?

Well, currently there is no documentation for the program, but you can simply follow the instructions of the Dune export wizard :). However, your music collection should be added to the program's database first. After that you can go "Tools" - "Create Dune catalog" and follow the instructions.

movienizer
01-04-11, 13:28
What i would like to know is how is the data stored ? In a index file, in the folders ?
The data of the program itself is stored in a database file. This information can be then exported to Dune. In such case the Dune export wizard will create a structure of folder and files required by Dune.

Of course, Musicnizer can be extended to export the information to other players.

And if so does it interfere with other systems ( i.e. Sonos & windows using floder.jpg )
No, it does not interfere.

And is there any chance of supporting Music DVD's ?

This is a planned feature, but it is planned for later releases (not for the very first one).

Starwarp
01-04-11, 13:28
I have buy a Apple TV2 and administrate it over my iPad like a Charme.

But your Product looks nice 2

treky22
05-04-11, 00:00
I'm searching everywhere for such a program.

It looks really good

Spirit75
05-04-11, 19:12
how can i download this programm

dpstjp
07-04-11, 11:08
how can i download this programm

Ask to be a beta tester. So far, so good. Issues I have are scraping the more generic album titles (such as "Greatest Hits" albums) and classical where the descriptions can be hard to ascertain exactly which recordings are being suggested. Thumbnails of suggested titles would be a big help here.

One problem that is probably more unique to me is that I have arranged my artist names as "Surname First Name" as I find these easier to search for.

movienizer
07-04-11, 23:25
Public beta version of Musicnizer:
http://www.musicnizer.com/muzicnizer.exe

gaku
08-04-11, 08:35
Error 404 not found

Can you give us a new link cause I really like to test you're Program?

Malignant
08-04-11, 08:41
Link works, there's just a typo in it.

Musicnizer is spelled with an S and not a Z as in the exe file :)

working link :
http://www.musicnizer.com/musicnizer.exe

gaku
08-04-11, 09:21
works fine now...thx

jmalcolm001
08-04-11, 18:56
Norton Antivirus won't allow a download of the file, as it has assigned a medium level threat to it.

movienizer
08-04-11, 21:03
It's a false detection I think.

movienizer
09-04-11, 00:33
Setup's file: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=fa10762ea00e9a8be40b81ccc74a92c0200 d4b5ec2af9148cbcaedf91b10b043-1302298221
EXE file: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=2fe41e67b02ab69ece38683db147d78612b 0e24e133f3e69f02181ee8d2b6986-1302298456

John Kotches
09-04-11, 04:14
First time poster...

Is there a reason why the beta is limited to 50 album titles? IMO this is counterproductive. You might have some other bugs when dealing with larger numbers of albums that some of us have. Further, the license purchase option isn't available so even if we did think the software was the bee's knees there is no way to expand the title count. Okay, semi-rant over...

Even though more than 90% of my collection is ID3 and FLAC tagged I'm having to manually select each album. I would have thought only the DVD-Audio titles would have this issue -- but it seems like it's all of them.

Cheers,

skank
10-04-11, 18:56
Couple of questions

- What with single music files? I assume this isnt included? Meaning there's only support for full albums?
Will something like this for single files be included in the future
- Are there sort options? Can i search per album, group, artist etc etc?
- What if the album is playing? Can you add some sort of screenprotection with moving option , so we don't get a burned in plasma :p
- Can the covers have a CD-case cover?

4 important questions for me to have a succesful music catalog ..
It already is fantastic though!

Keep up the good work! thumb up

gaku
10-04-11, 23:47
I had problems with discographies. Sometimes the programm splits a album in 2-3 little pices. All the Albums are taged and correctly sorted.
Another problem is that even if the Artist name is correct the programm choses a different name or datas of the tracklist.

Now I have the problem that I reached the maximum of 50 so I cant test some other ways for my problems, cause maybe I did some wrong.
But so far right now, this program is very nice and I hope you guys give us more to add or license to buy.

sorry for my english if this text are not so good to understand

movienizer
11-04-11, 16:29
Is there a reason why the beta is limited to 50 album titles? IMO this is counterproductive. You might have some other bugs when dealing with larger numbers of albums that some of us have. Further, the license purchase option isn't available so even if we did think the software was the bee's knees there is no way to expand the title count. Okay, semi-rant over...
You can contact us using the link in the first post. We will send you data to unlock the beta version.

Even though more than 90% of my collection is ID3 and FLAC tagged I'm having to manually select each album. I would have thought only the DVD-Audio titles would have this issue -- but it seems like it's all of them.

You can just scan your collection without downloading information about albums.

Relevance of search results depends on the download script you use.

movienizer
11-04-11, 16:40
- What with single music files? I assume this isnt included? Meaning there's only support for full albums?
Currently the program is album-oriented. However, we have strong plans for improving its functionality, so single music files may also be added later. We just need to know how it should look like :)

Will something like this for single files be included in the future
If you have a single file on your computer, this file in many cases still belongs to some album, even if you do not have the complete album. In Musicnizer, you will see the complete track list of the album, but only one track will be linked (the one you have). Does this count as support for single files? :)

- Are there sort options? Can i search per album, group, artist etc etc?
Yes, surely. Just take a look at the search engine, the sort and quick filter options and let us know if there is something important missing.

- What if the album is playing? Can you add some sort of screenprotection with moving option , so we don't get a burned in plasma :p
This cannot be done with the art work feature of Dune. I believe Dune should do it itself, just check its settings.

- Can the covers have a CD-case cover?
Could you please explain your idea a bit more here? :confused:

4 important questions for me to have a succesful music catalog ..
It already is fantastic though!

Thank you for your opinion :)

movienizer
11-04-11, 16:49
I had problems with discographies. Sometimes the programm splits a album in 2-3 little pices. All the Albums are taged and correctly sorted.
Another problem is that even if the Artist name is correct the programm choses a different name or datas of the tracklist.

Could you please post screenshots of these problems or (even better) send them to our email address?

QUOTE=gaku;217706]
Now I have the problem that I reached the maximum of 50 so I cant test some other ways for my problems, cause maybe I did some wrong.[/QUOTE]

You can create a blank database for further testing or contact us (see the link in the first post).

Thank you for your interest in the program :)

skank
12-04-11, 10:59
Could you please explain your idea a bit more here? :confused:

Is it possible to show the albums like this with a cd cover:

http://i53.tinypic.com/j9ov0p.jpg

Currently the program is album-oriented. However, we have strong plans for improving its functionality, so single music files may also be added later. We just need to know how it should look like :)

If you have a single file on your computer, this file in many cases still belongs to some album, even if you do not have the complete album. In Musicnizer, you will see the complete track list of the album, but only one track will be linked (the one you have). Does this count as support for single files? :)

I know single files mostly are part of an album, and i see the complete track list of the album, and the single one i have would be selectablle, but having around i dunno i think 400 single files from different albums, i think its a bit too much for all those to have the album with just one file of it selectable.
Maybe to think of something different containing all those single files, and it being sortable and selectable by genre, artist etc etc...

John Kotches
13-04-11, 08:51
movienizer:

Thanks -- I sent a request for an unlock code.

Regards,

a5ian300zx
13-04-11, 09:09
Hi,

Good software but how much does it cost per license? And how updates would the user gets before major update? The reason I say this is because I bought the movieziner software for about 40 and only got one update before a major update was released and was asked to pay a upgrade cost of 20+ and my question was what happen to the in-between updates like 3.4, 3.5... instead a major update comes out of version 4. All I asked was that you release some sort of road map so customers are aware of this?

Ps: I would like to add that the movieziner software was very customisable then not sure about now and not sure on the progress of the free scrapping software.

A5ian300zx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noone135
13-04-11, 15:02
Congratulations
Real cool Programm
I added about 200 GB of Data and it looks cool
even the Reports are cool but theres an error when you want to print ist as PDF file
I mailed Vladimir about that,but I have to say i like it
Next time i will try to export it to dune

kzboray
14-04-11, 03:17
Is it possible to create and manage play lists with Musicnizer?

John Kotches
15-04-11, 07:33
I sent some feedback about my experiences. Nothing I can't share here either -- maybe one of the participants has thoughts/suggestions.

I have multiple directories of music based on format...

DVD-Audio (surround sound and high sampling rate stereo).
DTS-CD (DTS encoded surround music discs).
FLAC -- (The CD collection)
MP3 -- mobile consumption

Depending on the title it is possible to have as many as 3 copies of the same track (surround via DVD-A/ DTS ; FLAC (stereo) ; MP3 (mobile)). There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason as to which gets place into the browsable library.

I'm also running into issues at about the 150 disc mark where the musicnizer hangs.

This has potential, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like with my unusual penchant for formats :-)

John Kotches
15-04-11, 07:34
How does one go about populating the Artist photos? The disc artwork and data is populating pretty well to this point. But I haven't bumped into the mechanism for loading artist pictures.

I'm sure there's more but I do at least have to pretend to sleep before work tomorrow.

movienizer
15-04-11, 23:09
Is it possible to show the albums like this with a cd cover:
Thank you for the explanation, we will include such mode later (but hardly in the first version).

Maybe to think of something different containing all those single files, and it being sortable and selectable by genre, artist etc etc...

We are thinking about this, too. However, Musicnizer is a music catalog meant to systemize things, and you are probably looking at the program only from the view point of a Dune owner :). It's not a problem, though. Please try to describe what kind of support for single files you'd like to see.

movienizer
15-04-11, 23:23
Good software but how much does it cost per license? And how updates would the user gets before major update?
A single-computer personal license will cost $39.95, major upgrades will be released approximately once every year. Just the same like with Movienizer. In between we may release as many minor upgrades as we manage, their numbers do not mean much except that they indicate some progress. For example, we may release 3.1 after 3.0, then 3.1.1 etc.

The reason I say this is because I bought the movieziner software for about 40 and only got one update before a major update was released and was asked to pay a upgrade cost of 20+

You could also continue using the older version, which was still supported. The Movienizer 3.x line is supported now, too. If you like the new features, you can upgrade to 4.x, but it is not required.

movienizer
15-04-11, 23:24
Is it possible to create and manage play lists with Musicnizer?

Most probably we will add the feature, but not in the first release.

movienizer
15-04-11, 23:25
How does one go about populating the Artist photos? The disc artwork and data is populating pretty well to this point. But I haven't bumped into the mechanism for loading artist pictures.

You need to go to the artist's page and download information about the artist using one of the scripts that come with Musicnizer.

John Kotches
16-04-11, 20:05
You need to go to the artist's page and download information about the artist using one of the scripts that come with Musicnizer.

Looks like I'm making progress on this. Last run it seemed to be grabbing artist photos automatically. I'll be checking this out when I get home.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

compi
16-04-11, 21:58
why not a German language is available?

movienizer
16-04-11, 22:15
why not a German language is available?

It's a beta version only ;)

compi
16-04-11, 22:47
So in the final version available in German?

John Kotches
17-04-11, 04:28
I think it's having issues with font scaling. My wife set the machine to 125% (medium font) and the check box for new files only when adding a new artist is no longer accessible. Only the top portion of the check box is visible. This is true whether the underlying window (main musicnizer) or the search screen are maximized or when they are only a portion of the desktop.

Regards,

John Kotches
17-04-11, 06:12
Is there any reason I can't have 3 databases?

I could then move the various music folders into these parents... i.e. instead of:
Music / DVD-Audio
Music / DTS-CD
Music / FLAC
Music / MP3

I have:
Music / Surround (merge DTS + DVD-Audio) as a database
Music / HQ Stereo (FLC) as a database
Music / Mobile as a database.

Then I walk down underneath music to what I want to listen to from there.

Hmmm...

ccc1988
18-04-11, 17:05
Is it possible to generate playlists with this?

compi
21-04-11, 21:48
umlauts are not displayed correctly
Windows 7 in German

will support UTF-8?

Greats
compi

http://s7.directupload.net/images/110421/temp/xzjs6jsa.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2501/xzjs6jsa_jpg.htm)

Ghostdivision
22-04-11, 13:38
Is the beta testing the same program as the download found here? Will this also work on my dune?

http://www.musicnizer.com/

Ghostdivision
22-04-11, 16:30
One other quick question, I should have time to set up my dune tomorrow.

But before I get into this, how does this program work with track listings and cd's if you dont have the full cd? Most of mine are full cd's but a few bands and albums i only liked a few songs.

It looks like from the interface it shows the entire cd track listing regardless of what songs you actually have?

Are songs you dont have blacked out, or is there anyway i can tell if i dont actually have that song?

John Kotches
23-04-11, 01:09
The add artist page is not localized correctly for the english locale. I get an unreadable series of letters in the dialog box. Thankfully I know it's the artist im trying to enter so it works out in the end.

At the album level, when you select edit info you must save each tab after modifying. If you navigate to another tab without saving the changes are list. Is it possible to change this behavior so that you only need to save once, after updating all the edit info tabs.

More to follow.

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:05
So in the final version available in German?

Yes, the final version will be available in German.

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:06
I think it's having issues with font scaling. My wife set the machine to 125% (medium font) and the check box for new files only when adding a new artist is no longer accessible.

Thank you for the report.

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:07
Is there any reason I can't have 3 databases?

You can create and use as many databases as you wish.

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:08
Is it possible to generate playlists with this?

No, please see the previous page.

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:09
umlauts are not displayed correctly
Windows 7 in German

Could you please let us know how you got these results? Did you scan your files without downloading information, or did you download information from some source?

movienizer
23-04-11, 09:14
Is the beta testing the same program as the download found here? Will this also work on my dune?
http://www.musicnizer.com/
Yes, it's the same program.

It looks like from the interface it shows the entire cd track listing regardless of what songs you actually have?
Are songs you dont have blacked out, or is there anyway i can tell if i dont actually have that song?
Songs that you actually have will be marked with a play button (you can check this with the beta). We are also thinking about other ways of adding single songs.

The add artist page is not localized correctly for the english locale. I get an unreadable series of letters in the dialog box. Thankfully I know it's the artist im trying to enter so it works out in the end.
Could you please post a screenshot?

Thank you all for testing the program :)

John Kotches
24-04-11, 21:22
You requested a screen shot of the add artist option. This is where you are adding an artist off of the album specific screen.

Apparently I'm not permitted to attach a file at this point. I'll e-mail out the screen shot for this and also for the font scaling issue @ 125% (medium font).

Regards,

Ghostdivision
25-04-11, 16:16
Quick question, I am currently trying out movie art programs.

Does movienizer incorporate a program similar to this? I read in the yadis forum it contains a music section? Does this include album art?

mlknez
26-04-11, 03:49
Hi,

Thanks for the Musicnizer program. I am really enjoying it. The newer version works much better. I have a few suggestions and I will send them directly to you.

John Kotches
26-04-11, 05:41
Quick question, I am currently trying out movie art programs.

Does movienizer incorporate a program similar to this? I read in the yadis forum it contains a music section? Does this include album art?

Movienizer is their movie-centric product and Musicnizer is their music-centric product.

Ghostdivision
26-04-11, 15:13
I just downloaded off the website, now it wants me to buy a liscence somehow?

Is this also the case with beta testing?

Ghostdivision
26-04-11, 16:09
Also one other question I got this working on the dune, its set up as albums.

Since im new to this and the dune maybe im missing something.

But i cannot actually go to the individual song, when I select the album art and the song titles show up, but i cant actually select individual songs, I have to hit enter, and then use the ugly dune gui to select songs when it starts playing.

Is there no way to scroll to individual songs, maybe i did something wrong?

In the musicnizer gui on my pc i can.

fibertech
26-04-11, 19:32
How do I change the path to my music? I don't see anywhere to do this but the drop down box pre-selected options.

mlknez
26-04-11, 20:02
How do I change the path to my music? I don't see anywhere to do this but the drop down box pre-selected options.

just type in your own path over the default then click the browse button next to the drop down box

Ghostdivision
27-04-11, 03:43
It looks like in the first picture of the first post you can select individual tracks using musicnizer interface.

The second picture is all that im seeing at the moment, and its not allowing me to pick tracks, just showing a picture of the tracks.

Ghostdivision
27-04-11, 11:37
Just want to bump this if the creators can chime in, another user on avsforums.com was also asking why its just song list information but you cant select tracks in the gui. You can only hit enter and then your back into the dune gui black screen thing.

Povlan-2010
27-04-11, 12:17
It looks like in the first picture of the first post you can select individual tracks using musicnizer interface.

The second picture is all that im seeing at the moment, and its not allowing me to pick tracks, just showing a picture of the tracks.

If you put a checkbox on the second stage of creating a catalog of Dune - where indicated by the arrow in the picture on the link, you get the "dynamic selection" songs in the album of the same type that you seen before.

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/6118/m_20110427-ei1j-28kb.jpg

Ghostdivision
27-04-11, 19:17
Wow thanks for pointing that out, would have completely missed that tick box.

I guess now my issue is where in setup do i make it so I can refer musicnizer to the files to play.

I keep getting error no such file or directory.

Do I need to manually add all songs into those folders?

Or is there someway to tell it my physical music is stored in a different location that the dune has access to.

Mork22
27-04-11, 22:04
Most things work on windows but when i extract dune catalog and try to use it on the player, I got the same error as you: impossible to listen to any file or playlist.
The playlist created by Musicnizer is not good: no directory and no filename appear :confused:
how can you solve it?

Ghostdivision
29-04-11, 13:19
So I got this working, not sure why I just rebuilt the database and such.

Me and another user on avsforum would really like to know if you could play the music without it defaulting to the dune black background.

We would like the music to play without going to the black background.

Ghostdivision
29-04-11, 13:35
Also I applied twice for a beta liscence and no reply?

I cant really do anymore testing at the moment.

fibertech
29-04-11, 18:31
Also I applied twice for a beta liscence and no reply?

I cant really do anymore testing at the moment.

I also sent an email with no response several days ago. I have not looked at the program since.

fibertech
30-04-11, 03:14
Update: They just sent me the code. Going to start loading all 400 + albums I own

Ghostdivision
30-04-11, 12:24
Got mine as well.

Beside my first request to be able to play music with the background and art showing, not defaulting to the black screen, I would also be curious if in the future you could implement a folder monitoring or something to auto download art when files or music is added, i just hate to think i would have to go through this process every time i add a cd.

Great otherwise though.

compi
30-04-11, 17:11
Could you please let us know how you got these results? Did you scan your files without downloading information, or did you download information from some source?

The id3 information was already available.
it's utf 8 ID3v24 tags in German.

Greetings
compi

Ghostdivision
02-05-11, 21:59
Unless I am missing something also, is it possible to shuffle?

Dune should really hire you, its great for playing movies but sorely lacking as a music juke box, even radio.

fibertech
03-05-11, 18:41
Unless I am missing something also, is it possible to shuffle?

Dune should really hire you, its great for playing movies but sorely lacking as a music juke box, even radio.

I have yet to find the shuffle option

frankp
12-05-11, 09:06
How long does it take to get an email for participation in the beta-program? It's been over a week now...

movienizer
12-05-11, 18:27
How long does it take to get an email for participation in the beta-program? It's been over a week now...

Typically you can expect a reply within a couple of days. Maybe it ended up in your junk mail folder?

movienizer
12-05-11, 18:32
Thank you for discussing and testing the program! Currently we do not accept any new beta testers. We are planning to release the first official version soon.

Noone135
13-05-11, 15:24
i added bout 2500 albus from my collection
Actually these are real cds wich i m collecting since i was 15.

The Problem is it takes a long time to create a report.
But the it looks real good.

One Question .
How could i refresh the database faster when adding albums.
on Dune explorer software when i do a refresh i see the new added highlighted in red and can add it.
in Musicnizer im adding through seachring at he whole Database.

movienizer
13-05-11, 16:36
How could i refresh the database faster when adding albums.
on Dune explorer software when i do a refresh i see the new added highlighted in red and can add it.
in Musicnizer im adding through seachring at he whole Database.

Could you please provide more information? Where exactly do you have the problem: when adding new files to Musicnizer's database, or when updating your Dune catalog? When adding new files, make sure that the "Add only new files" box is checked. When updating your Dune catalog, you can use the "created" list to avoid creating catalog files for already existing albums.

Noone135
13-05-11, 19:36
When adding new files, make sure that the "Add only new files"

sure done as you described
But takes long searching for new albums.
even when "add only new files"

But anything else is working perfect for me
and i love the layout with albums in my large Discographies

Ghostdivision
14-05-11, 11:16
If I can make a few requests as a beta tester, since this is the only game in town for music art on the dune, i checked out popcorn hour user made music jukebox.

A couple big things in that program i would like to see in musicnizer.

1. Shuffle option, pretty simple

2. Folder monitoring, you dont have to manually go through the program and add art manually whenever you add new albums, you can select to automatically download art from websites.

3. In the program you can type in the file name of existing art or new art. This saves duplication process i am having to go through. The default in this popcorn hour program is folder.jpg, foobar music player on pc which is used by many also uses this file name for art. Although you can make it whatever you want. I already have art for foobar i compiled years ago on my pc all named folder.jpg, musicnizer makes me duplicate and redo this process all over getting art again.

4. Ability to play music without defaulting to a blank screen, i dont know if this a dune issue or not, but it would be much nicer if you could look at the album art track listing instead of a black screen.

fibertech
15-05-11, 03:27
If I can make a few requests as a beta tester, since this is the only game in town for music art on the dune, i checked out popcorn hour user made music jukebox.

A couple big things in that program i would like to see in musicnizer.

1. Shuffle option, pretty simple

2. Folder monitoring, you dont have to manually go through the program and add art manually whenever you add new albums, you can select to automatically download art from websites.

3. In the program you can type in the file name of existing art or new art. This saves duplication process i am having to go through. The default in this popcorn hour program is folder.jpg, foobar music player on pc which is used by many also uses this file name for art. Although you can make it whatever you want. I already have art for foobar i compiled years ago on my pc all named folder.jpg, musicnizer makes me duplicate and redo this process all over getting art again.

4. Ability to play music without defaulting to a blank screen, i dont know if this a dune issue or not, but it would be much nicer if you could look at the album art track listing instead of a black screen.

I agree with everything posted here. Over all, I have had no issues so far with the software.

rover2002
18-05-11, 03:38
Hi there, Is there a walk through for this program for old simpletons like my self?
Regards

John Kotches
24-05-11, 10:24
1) Fire off the program.

2) Select Manage / Add album From Files

3) in the right column (Select folders to search in) drill down to the folder(s) you want, check the add only new files checkbox and hit the find audio button.

It will search for audio files and compare them to the Musicnizer DB. Depending in your collection and its location the scan can take a while.

d) Hit the next button after the scan. It'll download artist and track info.

I donut have anything unidentified in my collection to give you details on correcting errors.

Note: Depending on your library multiple DBs may work better. I use a separate DB for my surround and flac stereo content. My MP3 copies are for mobile use so I don't have musicnizer index them.

Ghostdivision
25-05-11, 14:30
Edited solved issue

Ghostdivision
25-05-11, 16:23
has anyone got musicnizer to work when you save the dune catalog in a seperate folder then your actual music?

If i save everything in my music folder it works, but when I save the dune catalog information in a seperate folder then my music, it says it cannot open the url ect....?

Does musicnizer need to be saved in the same location as your music?

If I play it on my pc, it plays fine, but it wont on the dune.

movienizer
28-05-11, 16:24
Musicnizer has been released! The free trial version can be downloaded from the official website: www.musicnizer.com

movienizer
28-05-11, 16:27
has anyone got musicnizer to work when you save the dune catalog in a seperate folder then your actual music?

If i save everything in my music folder it works, but when I save the dune catalog information in a seperate folder then my music, it says it cannot open the url ect....?

Does musicnizer need to be saved in the same location as your music?

If I play it on my pc, it plays fine, but it wont on the dune.

Could you please send as much detail as possible to our support team (http://www.musicnizer.com/cgi-bin/support?language=en)? Where exactly you save your Dune catalog, where your music is stored, which options do you choose when creating your Dune catalog etc.

C-Fling
28-05-11, 17:36
Why does it say on the website: (in the big blue bubble on the bottom right)

"HDI Dune music catalog FOR FREE!" ?

This is misleading because it is not really free is it? You can only add up to 20 albums to your database in the free TRIAL version.

It would be more honest if it said:

"HDI Dune music catalog FREE TRIAL!"

Because that's all it is, a free trial. yaDIS is free, Zappiti is free, Musicnizer is NOT free so don't mislead people by giving the impression that it is.

dvbuljan
28-05-11, 19:15

This is misleading because it is not really free is it? You can only add up to 20 albums to your database in the free TRIAL version.

It would be more honest if it said:

"HDI Dune music catalog FREE TRIAL!"

Because that's all it is, a free trial. yaDIS is free, Zappiti is free, Musicnizer is NOT free so don't mislead people by giving the impression that it is.

I must agree. It's misleading.

privat75
29-05-11, 11:44
I must agree. It's misleading.

I also agree. I try the trial, after 10minutes i delete it. (Dont find all tracks on some Albums, to expensive !!!!).

:mad:

C-Fling
29-05-11, 16:19
Agreed, I also find the price much too high for a CD cover app. I also don't really understand why it already is at version 4 ?! Wasn't it still in beta a month ago? I expected this to be version 1.0.

Anyway, as it is now you pay $39.95 and you only get upgrades for the current v4 release?!? This means they could release v5.0 next month and you would have to pay again! lol

If they lowered the price to $15.95 with free upgrades for the current AND next release (v4 and v5) I might have been interested. Not now.

However, I am planning to make a donation to yaDIS. Fred-L's work is excellent and I feel he really deserves it.

privat75
29-05-11, 16:38
However, I am planning to make a donation to yaDIS. Fred-L's work is excellent and I feel he really deserves it.

If everybody donate Fred-L, he will bring out a better integration then Musicnizer. :wink:

rover2002
30-05-11, 04:56
How do you open it in Dune or when connected to PC?
Thanks

movienizer
30-05-11, 19:14

Sorry, we did not realize it was misleading. The meaning was simple: once you get a license for the program, the Dune catalog module is included for free, so you do not need to do any additional payments.

movienizer
30-05-11, 19:19
Agreed, I also find the price much too high for a CD cover app.
It's not a CD cover application, it's a full features music organizer with lots of features, including, among others, a module for HDI Dune.

Anyway, as it is now you pay $39.95 and you only get upgrades for the current v4 release?!? This means they could release v5.0 next month and you would have to pay again! lol
The upgrade policy has been already discussed in this very topic.

movienizer
30-05-11, 19:21
How do you open it in Dune or when connected to PC?
Thanks

Could you please describe the problem in more detail?

betablocker
31-05-11, 18:14
I not understand:
1.)
When I scanned my CD's/mp3 with musicniser from Internet, they scanned most of the Covers from Album correct, but for the Artists the Picture very strange sometimes!!
example: The Album:"The Byrds" = correct, Artists: Some Picture from some Birds at the sky!
or "The Traffic" they scanned in the Artist section some Picture from some City with Cars?? Very hard when I start with 4000 CD/mp3 to find the right Pictures for the "Artists"!!
Now I tried the Version only with 20 Records and I need near 20 minutes for that.
How long I need for 4000?
Another: When I start play the Music on my Dune with musicnizer, they need nearly 10-15 sec. start to play some song. Also between the Tracks, or when I play the complete Records. Everything very slowly!
2.)
When I play music at my Dune normal without musicnizer, the music start very hurry and quick!
It's possible to change everything, in the program at the musicnizer?

Sorry about my english! Not so perfect!

rover2002
02-06-11, 13:24
Nevermind solved !

Ghostdivision
03-06-11, 12:24
Could you please send as much detail as possible to our support team (http://www.musicnizer.com/cgi-bin/support?language=en)? Where exactly you save your Dune catalog, where your music is stored, which options do you choose when creating your Dune catalog etc.

I solved this, realized you need to use a harddrive connected to the dune if you try to mount from dufferent drive.

movienizer
03-06-11, 12:35
I not understand:
When I scanned my CD's/mp3 with musicniser from Internet, they scanned most of the Covers from Album correct, but for the Artists the Picture very strange sometimes!!
example: The Album:"The Byrds" = correct, Artists: Some Picture from some Birds at the sky!
or "The Traffic" they scanned in the Artist section some Picture from some City with Cars?? Very hard when I start with 4000 CD/mp3 to find the right Pictures for the "Artists"!!

How exactly do you search for pictures of artists? Which script do you use to download data?

Now I tried the Version only with 20 Records and I need near 20 minutes for that.
How long I need for 4000?
This is very slow. Where do you keep your database file?

Another: When I start play the Music on my Dune with musicnizer, they need nearly 10-15 sec. start to play some song. Also between the Tracks, or when I play the complete Records. Everything very slowly!

If your files are stored directly on your Dune, this may mean that the catalog is set to play them over network. This will greatly slow down everything. You should select the correct connection type when creating your catalog.

Harryup
04-06-11, 12:31
Will there be an iPad client for the Musicnizer? I would not like to run the TV all the time I'm listening to music. Will the Musicnizer use the folder.jpg in each albumfolder first and download new ones when there is none?
Looks really promising.

/Harry

betablocker
06-06-11, 00:14
@movienizer
Okay! thanks for the answer!
First, the scan with the covers go's very quick! That's not a problem with my network.(SMB)
My catalog and the files on the Dune! This are okay. They find a path and the files.
But maybe the scripts from the Artist are the problem (allmusic, disgdogs, last.fm, musicbrainz etc.).
They scan everything very quick, but many times not the Artists I need!
The Album's are correct, the musicnizer scan my mp3 tags with the covers.
When you have a lot of music, it's a lot of work for fixed this.
Okay, maybe I have to look and check out what script are the best and not used all together at same time.
Never mind! about this.

I not play via network the Music! Only create Dune Album catalog with the musicnizer files, music, etc. from PC to the Dune via network (SMB) to the storage.
The path, the files everything work right.

But when I start after then the music on my Dune with the smart 1 remote control, they need for start to play some track 8-10 seconds. The break between the song's are the same!!!

ps:
Now I have the full version of musicnizer, it' same. mmmh! Not happy with this at this moment!!

Blaze
07-06-11, 10:49
I’ve taken Musicnizer to test because of its ability to create Dune catalogues. And I'd like to say is that it’s an amazing tool! If you download the program for the first time, go to their site and get some new Dune catalogue templates. I wasn’t too excited with their default templates, but the new ones were pretty cool. The program works with many movie databases, for me German and Italian ones are especially important. Another advantage is the amount of information given about the artists. It’s much more detailed than in other software. I keep on testing…=)

Griff
14-06-11, 15:07
Hi,
can you post a link to the templates on the site please i am unable to find them

thanks

Blaze
17-06-11, 12:19
Oh, Im sorry, I mixed the things up :oops: I'm testing both Movienizer and Musicnizer, it's Movienizer that I have downloaded additional Dune patterns for. I don't know if there are additional patterns for Musicnizer, I cannot find them now :-?

anthem00
23-06-11, 22:54
Ok, guys. I just purchased movienizer after testing a few earlier versions. As of version 4.3 build 227 released on June 7th (2 weeks ago) - there is a serious bug where scraping your existing collection from folders does not work. I have been told that this will be fixed "soon" but have no idea when. Right now it just pulls up an entire list of streams from folders that cannot be identified.

So anyone contemplating buying movienizer, I would recommend that you wait until they get this fixed. Unless you plan on entering your entire library by hand one by one and not using the scan folder function.

Personally a bit disappointed as the software is completely useless to me if they want me to enter 800 titles one by one. Until they get this fixed, its a bit of a regret that I purchased it. I would figure if something that major was broken that they would roll the version back to something that did work, but alas - no. Sitting on wasted money until something happens. ..

Not bashing on the software as I bought it for a reason to migrate too - but just everyone that as of right now, the current release has a major problem and if you are looking to migrate, you might want to hold off until this is fixed/resolved.

yannis
24-06-11, 21:24
Ok, guys. I just purchased movienizer after testing a few earlier versions. As of version 4.3 build 227 released on June 7th (2 weeks ago) - there is a serious bug where scraping your existing collection from folders does not work. I have been told that this will be fixed "soon" but have no idea when. Right now it just pulls up an entire list of streams from folders that cannot be identified.

So anyone contemplating buying movienizer, I would recommend that you wait until they get this fixed. Unless you plan on entering your entire library by hand one by one and not using the scan folder function.

Personally a bit disappointed as the software is completely useless to me if they want me to enter 800 titles one by one. Until they get this fixed, its a bit of a regret that I purchased it. I would figure if something that major was broken that they would roll the version back to something that did work, but alas - no. Sitting on wasted money until something happens. ..

Not bashing on the software as I bought it for a reason to migrate too - but just everyone that as of right now, the current release has a major problem and if you are looking to migrate, you might want to hold off until this is fixed/resolved.

Can you just clarify please. This is movienizer you are talking about right? Just wanted to be sure because you have posted in the musicnizer thread.

movienizer
25-06-11, 11:30
I have been told that this will be fixed "soon" but have no idea when.

We have already sent you a link to the updated version.

movienizer
25-06-11, 11:31
Can you just clarify please. This is movienizer you are talking about right? Just wanted to be sure because you have posted in the musicnizer thread.

Yes, it was about Movienizer, not Musicnizer.

anthem00
25-06-11, 17:25
This has now been fixed and now importing my movie collection. Thanks

treky22
25-06-11, 18:51
I installed Musicnizer on my PC.
And for now i just inserted one album, to see if it works.

It created the database on my Dune HDD.
And i made the shortcut to My Favorites.

When i start Musicnizer, i see the whole layout.
So i choose the album i installed. It shows the artist, the numbers.

When i want to play the album, it says: playlist is empty.

What am i doing wrong ?

treky22
25-06-11, 19:57
I installed Musicnizer on my PC.
And for now i just inserted one album, to see if it works.

It created the database on my Dune HDD.
And i made the shortcut to My Favorites.

When i start Musicnizer, i see the whole layout.
So i choose the album i installed. It shows the artist, the numbers.

When i want to play the album, it says: playlist is empty.

What am i doing wrong ?

I solved the problem myself.
The _music dir was on the Dune HDD. I had the problem.

Then i moved the _music dir to the Dune usb-stick, and it works fine.

Ghostdivision
29-06-11, 20:46
I would like to permanently adjust how albums are displayed, I would just like one row at the bottem to scroll through albums. How do I change this?

I looked in the settings.ini but it referred to movies and generes and such.

Ghostdivision
30-06-11, 14:51
Also i was beta tester and after upgrading to 4.0 it seems the registration code no longer works??

I can only scrape a certain amount of albums.

yannis
02-07-11, 18:24
I would like to permanently adjust how albums are displayed, I would just like one row at the bottem to scroll through albums. How do I change this?

I looked in the settings.ini but it referred to movies and generes and such.

I've only just started playing with this so I'm not expert. However, when you create a Dune catalogue, just before you hit the final "Create" button, click on pattern settings then the "Output options" tab and from here you can select the number of rows, columns etc, not just for Albums but also Artists, Genres or whatever.

movienizer
04-07-11, 09:58
Also i was beta tester and after upgrading to 4.0 it seems the registration code no longer works??

I can only scrape a certain amount of albums.

Well, this is expected behavior, did you read the complete message containing your registration data for the beta?

Heijnele
04-07-11, 14:58
All my music is currently on CD. In the future I would like to store the music files on a NAS and acces the files through a dune media player (without HD). Which steps do I have to take?
- First rip all CD's to the NAS? Should I use Windows Media Player to do that?
- Then build up an illutrated Music catalog using Musicnizer?
- Export this Musicnizer catalog in Dune format to the NAS?
- Open the catalog using my Dune player?
Am I right with these steps?

Thanks,
Leo

yannis
04-07-11, 20:28
All my music is currently on CD. In the future I would like to store the music files on a NAS and acces the files through a dune media player (without HD). Which steps do I have to take?

Thanks,
Leo

More or less right. I use Exact Audio Copy for ripping the CDs. If you want lossless, use wav or flac. wav is uncompressed, flac is compressed but with no loss of quality. You'll probably want to add tags to your ripped CDs, in which case use flac.

Mp3tag is good tool for adding tags. Once you have all your music on your NAS, you can play it using the Dune. The Dune interface isn't too good so you might want to use musicnizer to display album art (but you don't have to).

You need to give some consideration to folder structure. Most people use something like /artist/album/tracks.

Ghostdivision
04-07-11, 22:44
Well, this is expected behavior, did you read the complete message containing your registration data for the beta?

I probably did but i am very busy and have no idea about something i may have read months ago regarding this program.

Blaze
06-07-11, 11:48

Thanks,
Leo

Yes, you can form a Dune catalogue of albums using their audio files. But consider placing both files and formed catalogue (a set of files, pictures and folder structure) into the shared folder so Dune could access them.

pustekuchen
19-08-11, 17:03
Hello, I want to sort my albums by artist with the cover of the album instead the artist picture, is it possible?

movienizer
20-08-11, 12:35
Musicnizer 4.1 has been released! (http://www.musicnizer.com)
Now you can easily find additional images: album covers or photos of artists!
http://www.musicnizer.com/news/bing-image-search.gif

Ghostdivision
20-08-11, 13:22
I delayed purchasing this because I would like to know or hope in the future you can specify to locate your own album art. Alot of the art musicnizer scrapes is low quality and I have high quality art already saved for my music.

In user created music program for popcorn hour, you can specify what type of name your art is (folder.jpg for mine and most i assume) and use your preexisting art, then it will scrape it. For the background art musicnizer does a fine job of scraping that.

pustekuchen
21-08-11, 10:40
@ghostdivision
that is exactly what i mean.
it's so stupid that you can only sort your albums by album name if you wan't to see the cover. if you sort by artist, then you have the "funny" icon instead of the cover.
hope there is a chance to fix that.
It would be perfect, when the sort by album function will sort alphabetically by artist name.

Ghostdivision
22-08-11, 09:58
I tried out the popcorn hour juke box and i plead for these devlopers to just take a look at it. I dont own a popcorn hour but the program can be downloaded on any windows computer, the options in there are exactly what musicnizer needs.

Especially considering it is 40 dollars while the popcorn hour juke box is free and it has way more options were asking for.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=22113

Blaze
23-08-11, 13:19
Hello, I want to sort my albums by artist with the cover of the album instead the artist picture, is it possible?
You can get similar sorting in the "Collection" tab, Artists/Albums category.

I delayed purchasing this because I would like to know or hope in the future you can specify to locate your own album art. Alot of the art musicnizer scrapes is low quality and I have high quality art already saved for my music.

Your own art can be assigned to an album or artist in the "Edit info" menu, "Pictures" tab, by pressing the "green plus" button.
BTW version 4.1 is a free update for 4.0 users, no need to purchase it.

pustekuchen
23-08-11, 14:05

Thank you for your answer, but that is not what I mean.
I talk about the representation in HDI Dune.

Ghostdivision
23-08-11, 17:28

Your own art can be assigned to an album or artist in the "Edit info" menu, "Pictures" tab, by pressing the "green plus" button.
BTW version 4.1 is a free update for 4.0 users, no need to purchase it.

I was a beta tester, so when 4.0 came out, i held off purchasing it.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

When you suggest editing it to add my own art this is still a problem, I have hundreds of albums. Correct me if im not mistaking but.....

What I would need to do is to do that manually for each album, assign my own album art?

The popcorn application makes this easy. You just specify the name of the art you want to use. In each folder the art is named folder.jpg (this is default and what most programs use to recognize art) so in popcorn hour program I just use folder.jpg for art, and the program gets all my own art for each album in each folder. It just picks up the folder.jpg art.

Its simple things like this that would make me willing to pay 40 dollars.

Again unless I am mistaken and your suggestion would not have to be done manually for every album.

Blaze
25-08-11, 14:00
Yes, my suggestion is about manual info editing for each album. So it won't automatically assign covers for all albums at a time. Such function would be great.

BABACHAN
28-09-11, 09:18
For anyone who wants to controll their music playback using a Android device take a look at Dune Media Controller (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226874&postcount=1). It shows Musiconizer generated output on a Android device. So no need to turn on TV to start music playback.

BABACHAN

Kestrel
09-11-11, 17:17
hi there, purchased musiczier last night but have a few questions

on the artist page on my dune hd h1 can i change the artists icons ( the guy and girl)
can i change this as it does'nt look good at all

also is there templates like when your paying a album as i dont like the red background

( where it says album info )

pavelpt
21-12-11, 20:16
I tried send a post to authors forum, but PHP error.

My question is here:

Hallo.

My first album in Musiciner

Album is on DuneHDD. This HDD I can see in my PC through FTP protocol and this is mapped as Q:
Path to album is

Q:\DuneHDD_38cc4025_8e56_4762_87a1_3fcd80d3f360\cd \scorpions\

But in M3U file with songs I have path (example for first song)

storage_name://ECA305FC/DuneHDD_38cc4025_8e56_4762_87a1_3fcd80d3f360/cd/scorpions/Rock You Like A Hurricane.mp3

Dune says : Playlist is emty

Whats wrong ?

Blaze
22-12-11, 10:50
You could try adding your albums not by means of the FTP protocol, but via SMB. The Dune catalog works with SMB or NFS network paths only. So simply share your Dune HDD in the network, add media files to Musicnizer, form the catalog again and they will be played back normally.

pavelpt
22-12-11, 17:26
Thank for answer.

I have tried start SMB on Dune, but my net crashed.
I have running a SMB server on my NAS, but this server the HDD on Dune doesnt see.
I try it once again.

K1ngF1sher
11-03-12, 21:16
Hi, I've just upgraded to ver 4.2 - all images have been replaced by a yellow exclamation mark. I started a new catalog also - same result.

The music files have images in the tag, as well as images in the individual album folders...

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

KingFisher

Dan201
18-04-12, 20:56
I noticed there is a Dune Media Controller App for android devices. Is there one for ipad/musicnizer? If not is there another way to view and control music from my server on my ipad to be played on the dune?

charleyr
11-05-12, 17:53
Hi There

i have installed de trial version and search this forum for my problem.

I have made a map with about 100 mp3 files en called the map (greatest Hits).

However when i import de mp3 file i get a message (trial version of Musicnizer) and then it shows only 13 tracks.
So i can not check how many track one album can have.

Does anyone kwows the answer?

wacko37
16-11-12, 08:44
Hi

Is it not possible for just a simple "folder library" option?

What i mean is, i have my music folder organised firstly with all my artists, then with each of their albums and album art included.

I am yet to find a Dune organiser that does not make a mess of this structure. instead you end up with 100's of tracks put in unknown and albums mixed up.

I am using "Power amp" app on my android device which gives you the option of a "folder Library" which works get and uses the album art attached to each folder, you can then change the "list options" to arrange the order.

Nice and simple

I would be more than happy to pay for this, as i did with PowerAmp

Thanks

walberg
08-12-12, 19:50
I tried this program. I have a mac with parrallels (windows emulator) And a hd dune. There is no real documentation, i have made a try with 10 albums. But when it has finished, there's no way to acces other things on the Dune and at the first try to play a song, the dune hangs. ( i had first copy some albums from itunes map to the dunes mymusic map, put everything from one artist in one map whitch is al lot of work and then i tried to start musicnizer.

rozel
28-04-13, 16:20
OK am trying this software right now - have added 10 albums, updated the pictures and exported the catelogue. So far so good. However when I try to play an album or song within it, I get a "failed url" message.

My music library is contained on a NAS and have created a Musicnizer folder within the library.

Adding albums seems easy enough and selecting the Dune Catelogue option also seems But something is wrong as when I browse to the Musicnizer folder, previously created, although I see everything perfectly and because I selected the create track listing option before creating the catelogue, I can see all the tracks, prperly named within an album, I always get the failed url message.

If I could get this to work, I would happily pay for the full version as it looks good :)

I have created a NFS-TCP network folder on the Dune and selected this option for the Catelogue and all albums contained within it.

Not sure what is wrong. Anyone - help please???

roz

ps - a little worried as the last post was almost 5 months ago!

fibertech
10-05-13, 03:06
I just got an email stating they have a new version available. Then it states I can buy it at 50% off. I have already bought this software once with no updates and now they are trying to charge me for an update? I don't think so. Great way to do business. I'm out!

K1ngF1sher
10-05-13, 19:50
Yep, me too - no way am I paying for the 2nd time.

peterbus
18-05-13, 16:57
Yep, me too - no way am I paying for the 2nd time.

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30280
And free!!!!!