PDA

View Full Version : yaDIS with Android

Avanki
18-05-11, 08:54
HI,

use someone the DMC for Android on a smartphone or tablet!?
Can you post the correct link for dune, you must write that work yaDIS on the phone!

BABACHAN
25-05-11, 07:36
HI,

use someone the DMC for Android on a smartphone or tablet!?
Can you post the correct link for dune, you must write that work yaDIS on the phone!

yaDIS on Android works with Dune Media Controller (https://market.android.com/details?id=babachan.android.dunemediacontroller) (DMC) version 0.93. And it works best on a tablet.

BABACHAN

dazz87
27-06-11, 00:12
yaDIS on Android works with Dune Media Controller (https://market.android.com/details?id=babachan.android.dunemediacontroller) (DMC) version 0.93. And it works best on a tablet.

BABACHAN

Thanks for the info.

BABACHAN
27-06-11, 10:45

BABACHAN

I must correct the above statement slightly. It worked for yaDIS 1.x. However, yaDIS 2.x uses different parameters in the dune_folder.txt and DMC does not support this yet. I already have a working version but I'm not satisfied with it. A left/right scrolling is more suited for yaDIS. So I want to implement this before I release it.

BABACHAN

skank
25-07-11, 21:59
Since i'm going into the andred market soon, im wondering if this is working now with the latest yadis version?
This would be a way too for me, just to browse my collection when i'm off home :)

BABACHAN
25-07-11, 22:08
Since i'm going into the andred market soon, im wondering if this is working now with the latest yadis version?
This would be a way too for me, just to browse my collection when i'm off home :)

It all depends on what yaDIS version you are using. Just try it. I'm still worki.gon the next version. Which should have better support.

skank
25-07-11, 22:26
It all depends on what yaDIS version you are using. Just try it. I'm still worki.gon the next version. Which should have better support.

the latest version ;)

BABACHAN
25-07-11, 22:35
the latest version ;)

Then you need to wait for DMC version 1.0. yaDIS 2 uses virtual items. This not supported by DMC.

skank
25-07-11, 23:01
Then you need to wait for DMC version 1.0. yaDIS 2 uses virtual items. This not supported by DMC.

And you are the creator?
When will it be released?

BABACHAN
26-07-11, 07:21
And you are the creator?
When will it be released?

Yes, I created DMC. I'm unable to give a fixed date for the release of version 1.0. Due to vacation and family time I do not have a lot of time to work on DMC. But I hope to release it in the next 2 months.

skank
26-07-11, 13:07
nice, will wait for it

anyhow, how does it work?
is the whole collection exported to the phone or?
can i look into it, without having acces to the server (where yadis is on)

BABACHAN
26-07-11, 17:44
nice, will wait for it

anyhow, how does it work?
is the whole collection exported to the phone or?
can i look into it, without having acces to the server (where yadis is on)

DMC offers two index location. Local (SD Card) or network using smb protocol. In both cases the downloaded images are cached. But the folder information is not. Folder information is needed to check whether cached images are in sync with originals. So if you want to take your collection with you you need to store it on the phone.

skank
27-07-11, 13:03
DMC offers two index location. Local (SD Card) or network using smb protocol. In both cases the downloaded images are cached. But the folder information is not. Folder information is needed to check whether cached images are in sync with originals. So if you want to take your collection with you you need to store it on the phone.

so it is possible...
nice

skank
06-08-11, 09:42
I was wondering about this too...

I'm desperate to find a way to browse my music collection through my phone, and play it through my dune
Since you do this for movies...
Is it possible for music too?

I can install for example subsonic music on my server..

So its like this,
my music collection is on the server
i want to browse the music collection on my android phone.. and let it play through my dune..
Is this technical possible with your android application? (for example in a upcoming version)

BABACHAN
06-08-11, 10:34
I was wondering about this too...

I'm desperate to find a way to browse my music collection through my phone, and play it through my dune
Since you do this for movies...
Is it possible for music too?

I can install for example subsonic music on my server..

So its like this,
my music collection is on the server
i want to browse the music collection on my android phone.. and let it play through my dune..
Is this technical possible with your android application? (for example in a upcoming version)

First of all DMC needs a dune_folder.txt structure of your media library. This structure is generated by programs like yaDIS, Zappiti and for music iDune. Or you can create your own (http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/dune_folder_howto.txt). DMC displays this structure on a Android device for you to browse and finally start a media_url which located in the structure. This media_url is passed on to the Dune via a http request. And now comes the problem. The current version of IP control in the latest Dune firmware does not support media_urls pointing to music folder and/or playlists! So even if DMC would be able to display your media library content it will not be able to start playing music from it.

So we have to wait for HDI company to fix this. According to them it is coming but they can't say when.
So I'm looking for another way to start music playback. Maybe it is possible to create a flash script that is running on the Dune. And this script will be started by DMC with the music folder url as a parameter. So that the script can then start the playback using this url. But these are just ideas and I'm not a flash programmer. So it will take a lot of time to dive into flash. So if you no anybody who knows flash and how to do this I will be grateful for any help I can get.
At the moment my focus is to get DMC properly working for yaDIS.

I hope this answers your question. Probably not the answer your were looking for.

BABACHAN

skank
06-08-11, 11:20
First of all DMC needs a dune_folder.txt structure of your media library. This structure is generated by programs like yaDIS, Zappiti and for music iDune. Or you can create your own (http://dune-hd.com/firmware/misc/dune_folder_howto.txt). DMC displays this structure on a Android device for you to browse and finally start a media_url which located in the structure. This media_url is passed on to the Dune via a http request. And now comes the problem. The current version of IP control in the latest Dune firmware does not support media_urls pointing to music folder and/or playlists! So even if DMC would be able to display your media library content it will not be able to start playing music from it.

So we have to wait for HDI company to fix this. According to them it is coming but they can't say when.
So I'm looking for another way to start music playback. Maybe it is possible to create a flash script that is running on the Dune. And this script will be started by DMC with the music folder url as a parameter. So that the script can then start the playback using this url. But these are just ideas and I'm not a flash programmer. So it will take a lot of time to dive into flash. So if you no anybody who knows flash and how to do this I will be grateful for any help I can get.
At the moment my focus is to get DMC properly working for yaDIS.

I hope this answers your question. Probably not the answer your were looking for.

BABACHAN

Well, i'm looking for a way though
First i thought it would be possible through uPNP, but it seems the dune isnt a upnp renderer either, so that wont work too..

Your option:

How come media_url passing pointing to movies DO work, but for music it does not?
isnt this the same?
anyway, you said its firmware restricted so i believe you :)
You say that hdi says its coming, where did you read that?

The possible flash option: i'm not able to do this, neither do i know someone who can... sorry :(

BABACHAN
06-08-11, 11:28
How come media_url passing pointing to movies DO work, but for music it does not?
isnt this the same?
anyway, you said its firmware restricted so i believe you :)
You say that hdi says its coming, where did you read that?

I added a ticket to there customer support on the Dune forum. This is what they answered:
"Hi Bart,
sorry but right now the IP control has a lot of limitations including these you have mentioned above. I can not tell you the time schedule when these features would be added but we do our best to push this as quick as we can.

Cheers. "

skank
06-08-11, 11:38
mm ok, we'll just have to wait then...
Still looking forward for your new version for yadis..

BABACHAN
06-08-11, 11:41
Version 0.97 is released!

yaDIS support added. But user experience is best on tablet (icon magnification set to 1). Next version will improve selection.

Recent changes
* Fixed forced close when domain and/or password were filled and user name was empty
* Fixed bug when reading large dune_folder.txt files
* Runs on Android 1.6 or higher
* Added yaDIS 2.x support. Read info for known issues.
* Added selector type "image".
* Remote control layout based on device orientation
* Added page switching of remote control by swiping. If wanted use settings menu to set it back to tabs.
* Almost full support of all parameters in dune_folder.txt. Info contains full list.
* Zoom is set to automatic same as in version 0.94. Needed because some devices do not have a search button.
* Fixed many other bugs

skank
06-08-11, 11:44
Market still says 0.95
also, you say best viewed on tablet, but is it ok for smartphone too? or bit slow?

BABACHAN
06-08-11, 12:04
Market still says 0.95
also, you say best viewed on tablet, but is it ok for smartphone too? or bit slow?

Market on my phone also still says 0.95. But on my PC it says 0.97. So market on phone is not updated directly.

Speed is the same. The problem is the size of the display. DMC for yaDIS work best with icon magnification set to 1.0. So the original icon dimensions. But this is too small on a phone. For a phone icon magnification 2 is better. But this will give strange effects on the display. For instance, the borders of media type are part of background image and not icon. So icon will be twice as big, but border will remain the same. So visually a mismatch.
Furthermore, the nice effect of highlighting movies and when pressing right highlighting TV series does not work the same on DMC. This hightlighting is simply a switch from icon Movie to icon TV Series. Because the icons are full screen they will replace each other. DMC uses continues scrolling. So it will be different. And due to the small icon (=small scroll area) sometimes difficult to make a selection. I will create a page based selection the next version to workaround this problem. But still the magnification problem will remain.

Hope this answer your question. If not please let me know.

BABACHAN

skank
06-08-11, 12:09
I will have to try to see it i guess... cause i dont understand it :)
So in short, a fix will come?

skank
07-08-11, 10:57
Babachan, can you help me set it up pls
I want to be able to see the collection even when im not at home where my server is.

So index location->
storage location has to be local SD card?????????????
doesnt this mean i have to completely copy the whole collection to the SD card? (which is kind of huge, also, this means from within yadis i have to export this to the micro SD card? how do i do this?)

Label is something i just chose?

And directory?

or do i chose network smb?

then what? label again is free?

Server -> the ip adress from my server?

share? -> what do i put here?

directory? the directory containing yadis?

domain?

and what about dune path to index?

sorry so many questions...
first thing i have to chose is local sd or smb i think
but my microsd isnt that big 2 gig i think

BABACHAN
07-08-11, 12:08
Babachan, can you help me set it up pls
I want to be able to see the collection even when im not at home where my server is.

So index location->
storage location has to be local SD card?????????????
Yes, or you have to carry your server with you ;)

doesnt this mean i have to completely copy the whole collection to the SD card? (which is kind of huge, also, this means from within yadis i have to export this to the micro SD card? how do i do this?)
Copy complete yaDIS directory from server to phone SD card.

Label is something i just chose?
Yes, future version will have multiple index locations. For instance, yaDIS for series and Zappiti index for movies. Or bed room and living room.

And directory?
This is the directory where you index is located on the SD card. If you copy your index in the root of the SD card you can enter "yaDIS" here.

or do i chose network smb?
If you only want to use DMC at home and do not want to use up SD card storage then yes. Pros: faster, works outside home Cons: Costs storage room, Index not accessible by Dune player.

then what? label again is free?
yes

Server -> the ip adress from my server?
yes

share? -> what do i put here?
directory? the directory containing yadis?

Easiest way is to use a PC and in explorer enter "\\dune". This will give you the shares on your Dune. Then browse the shares until you find the yaDIS directory. Enter the share, directory in DMC. For instance, in my case:
//Dune/Index/yaDIS -> Share = Index, Directory = yaDIS

domain?
Not needed if your server is not password protected

and what about dune path to index?
Only needed if index is on Dune itself. Because then media url path inside index will be relative. And this works fine if you use Dune to start movie because it is all on the Dune. But to start it from phone the paths have to be absolute. But in your case index is on server, so media url will already be absolute. DMC will report error if they are not.

sorry so many questions...
first thing i have to chose is local sd or smb i think
but my microsd isnt that big 2 gig i think
That's up to you. Use at home (smb) or not (SD card). My complete collection is 250 MB. And the largest index I got from a user to test was 600 MB.

PS I found out that icon magnification set to 1.0 on a phone also gives misalignment of icons. I do not know why. But I'm switching from gridview (continues scrolling) to swipeview (page by page). That works better for yaDIS. So it all will be solved in the next version ;) . In the mean while you can try version 0.97.

BABACHAN

skank
07-08-11, 13:14
i will test both i think, how do you use it?
my collection already is about 600mb

skank
07-08-11, 13:50
I tried with data on sd, it works, things are tiny.
Navigation bar in the beginning isnt workable, way too small! you cant select genre, or actor or ... too small

I tried with smb, he says network name not found

Is it correct if i say that the only difference between sd and smb is that with smb you can launch the movie with the dune, and with sd you cannot?

PosTMort@L
07-08-11, 13:56
@BABACHAN Hello im using this programm to control my dune, but for some reason i cant get the programm to start playback with musicnizer. When i use the programm i can see the artwork & cd collection but when i want to start playback it gives me this error "Media url is a relative path. Please set absolute path prefix in settings menu" Can u help me with this ?

skank
07-08-11, 13:59
@BABACHAN Hello im using this programm to control my dune, but for some reason i cant get the programm to start playback with musicnizer. When i use the programm i can see the artwork & cd collection but when i want to start playback it gives me this error "Media url is a relative path. Please set absolute path prefix in settings menu" Can u help me with this ?

music isnt possible yet due to the dune firmware, explanation is in this thread , i think previous or the page before that.

BABACHAN
07-08-11, 16:14
i will test both i think, how do you use it?
my collection already is about 600mb

I have both. Sd card is for testing and demonstration purpose. SMB for actual playback.

BABACHAN
07-08-11, 21:53
I tried with data on sd, it works, things are tiny.
Navigation bar in the beginning isnt workable, way too small! you cant select genre, or actor or ... too small

Yes, at the moment icon are too small on a phone. And icon magnification is not working as I would like too. Conclusion yaDIS on a phone is not working.

I will try mu best to get this solved, if possible, as soon as possible.

I tried with smb, he says network name not found

Is the share correctly spelled? Check the capitals.

Is it correct if i say that the only difference between sd and smb is that with smb you can launch the movie with the dune, and with sd you cannot?
No. The only difference is the location of the index. The index generated by yaDIS is just a collection of dune_folder.txt files and image files. The dune_folder.txt files describe how these image files are displayed. And the dune_folder.txt files also contain a media url. DMC just sents this url to the Dune player to start playback.

BABACHAN
07-08-11, 22:04

I never heard of musicnizer. So I googled it. And it looks interesting. You must know that the Dune firmware supplies a IP control interface which DMC uses to start playback of a media file. Unfortunately, the current version does not support playback of music folder or playlist file. But on the musicnizer home page I found this:
"Create the directory structure for every tracks - this creates an interactive track list for every album. Thus you can not just start playing the entire album, but select and play a particular track"

If this creates a structure for each music file separately then maybe it could work. Do you know this function? Could you sent me an example of your index? Say 1 directory + all the subfolders?

BABACHAN

PosTMort@L
08-08-11, 10:35
@BABACHAN First of all, tnx for the program :)
I look in to the option to create a structure for every track tonite. My music structure is

Root o/t hdd Folder (music is divided in genres, techno, dubstep, etc.)
DuneHDD -> Music Collection -> Techno

In the genre folder i have the music divided in album & tracks, hope this helps.

PosTMort@L

EDIT : I did this option "Create the directory structure for every tracks" and it works :)

But i encountered two new chalenges :(

1. on my phone & transformer i dont have a choice witch of the tracks i want to listen, on the tv i can choose for play it al and seperate tracks.
2. music stops when i turn off the tv, but that is problably not software related.

skank
10-08-11, 20:51
Working fine now both ways: with sd and smb. Although through smb some movies stutter this way. Not when playing directly with the dune

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

BABACHAN
10-08-11, 21:41
@BABACHAN First of all, tnx for the program :)
I look in to the option to create a structure for every track tonite. My music structure is

Root o/t hdd Folder (music is divided in genres, techno, dubstep, etc.)
DuneHDD -> Music Collection -> Techno

In the genre folder i have the music divided in album & tracks, hope this helps.

PosTMort@L

EDIT : I did this option "Create the directory structure for every tracks" and it works :)

But i encountered two new chalenges :(

1. on my phone & transformer i dont have a choice witch of the tracks i want to listen, on the tv i can choose for play it al and seperate tracks.
2. music stops when i turn off the tv, but that is problably not software related.

Great to hear that it is working :p
At 1. Could you sent me a copy of your index via some file server. I will take a look and see why it is different.
At 2. I assume that the music is not coming from your TV speakers :lol:. Or maybe you TV remote off button also turns off Dune? Otherwise it is very strange indeed.

BABACHAN

BABACHAN
10-08-11, 21:49
Working fine now both ways: with sd and smb. Although through smb some movies stutter this way. Not when playing directly with the dune

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

There could be a difference between starting playback via http request (DMC) and directly via Dune menu. It depends on how the Dune guys have implemented it. But I would not expect a difference between sd and smb. In both cases the same media_url is sent to the Dune player. So from Dune point of view it is the same. However if your index is located on the Dune itself then the Dune is a smb server at the same time the media is played. Maybe that is causing the stutter? Although I haven't had any stutter. But my media is on usb harddiscs attached directly to the Dune. And my index is on a usb stick attached to the Dune.

BABACHAN

PosTMort@L
11-08-11, 08:35
@ BABACHAN
At 1. Where is the index file located ? Can't find it on my phone :(
At 2. Sorted : HDMI Audio was turned on. When its off it uses the sound trough my optical cable.

BABACHAN
11-08-11, 10:57
@ BABACHAN
At 1. Where is the index file located ? Can't find it on my phone :(
At 2. Sorted : HDMI Audio was turned on. When its off it uses the sound trough my optical cable.

I mean the folder where you have put your output generated by Musiconizer. The folder which you have entered in DMC as "index location". You can sent me the complete folder or a part of it. A index normally consist of the following structure:
folder
-> dune_folder.txt (info on how this folder should be displayed, number of icons, etc)
-> sub folder
-> dune_folder.txt (info on how the icon is displayed)
-> media files

If you sent a part then make sure that it contains at least the folder and its sub folders.

BABACHAN

PosTMort@L
11-08-11, 14:18
Ok, thats on my usb stick, where sould i send it to ?

skank
11-08-11, 16:12
There could be a difference between starting playback via http request (DMC) and directly via Dune menu. It depends on how the Dune guys have implemented it.

BABACHAN

That's what i meant but i wrote it down wrong.

PosTMort@L
11-08-11, 22:52
@ BABACHAN i hope u got the file i send to you, im ferry curious if u find a sollution :)

THX-UltraII
21-08-11, 19:39
Can someone help me with the setup? Running the lastest version of DMC and yaDIS. I m a home network users with my Dune and PC connected with cat5e to my router. Running on W7 x64. My movie collection is on my local C: drive on my PC and my yaDIS folder is located on a usb stick in my Dune Smart B1.

More info from yaDIS:
dune path: smb://192.168.1.148/Movies

If more info is needed let me know. I m a total noob. What do I fill in:

storage location: I assume I have to choose network using SMB in my case?
Label: ?
Server: ? (ip address from my PC?)
Share: ?
Directory: ?
Domain: ?
User name: ?
Password: ?

Dune path to index: ?

thxz

BABACHAN
21-08-11, 20:28
storage location: I assume I have to choose network using SMB in my case?

Yes SMB. Your index is not on the android device itself (=local).

Label: ?

Can be anything you like. Is not used at the moment. Future version of DMC will support multiple index locations. And this label is then used to select.

Server: ? (ip address from my PC?)

ip address of the device where the index is located. In your case it is the ip adress of your dune player. Your index is on a usb stick attached to it.

Share: ?
Directory: ?

The easiest way to determine the name of the share and the folders beneath it is to use a PC. Open explorer and enter "\\dune". The folders that appear are the shares on your dune player. Browse to the folder were your index is located. For instance: \\dune\usb\yaDIS. Share = usb and Directory = yaDIS.

Domain: ?
User name: ?
Password: ?

Leave them blank if your network is NOT password protected.

Dune path to index: ?

Leave blank. Is not needed because yaDIS already has dune path set.

I should warn you about the state DMC is in when using yaDIS generated index. It works fine on tablets. But on a phone it is too small. And setting icon magnification to 2 creates distorted images. I'm working on improving this.

If you need more help please let me know.

Regards, BABACHAN

skank
26-08-11, 20:58
hows progress on update?

BABACHAN
30-08-11, 08:03
hows progress on update?

Currently working on version 0.98 to fix a couple of crashes. Also rewritting the way icons are displayed when magnified. Some dune_folder.txt parameters behave different from what I expected. The documentation on dune_folder.txt is lacking these details. I have to fix this problem before I can concentrate on improving yaDIS display.

BABACHAN

BABACHAN
27-09-11, 15:18
Version 0.98 is out!

1.Added automatic index location detection
2.Added automatic dune player detection
3.Added support for Musicnizer. See info for known issues.
4.Fixed wrong remote control layout on large screens when resuming
5.Fixed crash when resuming
6.Fixed crash pressing search button when background is not available
7.Fixed icon sorting error
8.Fixed placement of magnified icons partially outside view
9.Fixed radio station play back

Next version will have better yaDIS support!

BABACHAN
28-09-11, 08:00
I've opened a general thread for DMC. Please post here (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226874&postcount=1)