PDA

View Full Version : Error when playing movies by genre/actor

SykikJV
23-06-11, 14:16
Yesterday i installed Yadis for my new Dune HD Smart H1. Very easy to setup and works almost perfectly. Almost... ;)

When i search movies through genre or actor, i can't start the movie. Yadis doesn't seem to find the movie file? When starting the same movie in the all movies-tab, it works perfectly.

Anyone else has this problem?

kayzee
27-06-11, 15:43
Hi SyKik

I have installed the same in my Dune HD duo and have the exact same problem. Did you manage to correct this ?

Is there any one that could help this newbee

Guidence is really appreciated

Cheers

K.C

flugs
27-06-11, 17:06
Salut,

have you checked the main yaDIS 2 Discussion and support thread?

There are several user reporting problems in combination with QNAP NAS.

Otherwise you will have to give more details what happens and about your configuration in order to help.

A+
flugs

SykikJV
27-06-11, 18:01
Salut,

have you checked the main yaDIS 2 Discussion and support thread?

There are several user reporting problems in combination with QNAP NAS.

Otherwise you will have to give more details what happens and about your configuration in order to help.

A+
flugs

I use yaDIS 2.1.1 for my Dune HD Smart H1 with an internal 2TB HDD. The system storage for the Dune is a USB-drive (in the Dune's internal USB-port).

I've got two seperated folders on the Dune's internal HD, one for movies and one for TV Shows.

In the yaDIS interface everything seems to work fine. When I open "all movies", I see all the movies from the HDD and i can play them all.

However, when i search for movies by genre or by actor, it does show the right movies for that genre/actor but i can't play them. When i try to open the movie-screen with movie-details, i get an error which states that yaDIS/Dune can't find the movie-files.

Fred-L
27-06-11, 18:05
I use yaDIS 2.1.1 for my Dune HD Smart H1 with an internal 2TB HDD. The system storage for the Dune is a USB-drive (in the Dune's internal USB-port).

I've got two seperated folders on the Dune's internal HD, one for movies and one for TV Shows.

In the yaDIS interface everything seems to work fine. When I open "all movies", I see all the movies from the HDD and i can play them all.

However, when i search for movies by genre or by actor, it does show the right movies for that genre/actor but i can't play them. When i try to open the movie-screen with movie-details, i get an error which states that yaDIS/Dune can't find the movie-files.
Make sure you installed the last beta firmware on your Dune player (110511_2007_beta).

kayzee
27-06-11, 18:05
Hi Flugs

Thanks for the Quick reply. Yes I had a look at that thread. I have noticed that they have the same problem. Folllwoing is what I get in the \\Dune\Harddisk\yadis\00\02\dune_folder.txt

I have the Yadis Folder (index?) created in the root of my dune HDD

<I have removed all other info, which I though is unrelevent>

item.0.caption=12 Angry Men
item.0.media_action=browse
item.0.media_url=../00/12 Angry Men
item.0.icon_path=../00/12 Angry Men/icon.aai
item.0.icon_sel_path=../00/12 Angry Men/icon.aai
item.0.icon_scale_factor=0.8
item.0.icon_valign=center

I have all my movies stored in \\dune\harddisk\movies\ folder

Hope this is enough information for you to guide me. I think if there is a way to force absolute paths instead of realative paths this will be sone. But I am not able to find a way to do that.

Please let me know

Cheers

K.C

SykikJV
27-06-11, 18:09
Make sure you installed the last beta firmware on your Dune player (110511_2007_beta).

I installed all the latest firmware upgrades.

SykikJV
28-06-11, 11:12
The error i get is :

Error getting file information

Path : Interface/00/04/Actie/....R_of_the_Phoenix.ISO

Error : no such file or directory

Fred-L
28-06-11, 11:20
The error i get is :

Error getting file information

Path : Interface/00/04/Actie/....R_of_the_Phoenix.ISO

Error : no such file or directory
Where is located your workspace ?
Where is located the Dune interface folder ?

These path are the ones you entered in yaDIS configuration window.

Steinberger
28-06-11, 13:48
Hi all,

Very interesting tread, since I have exactly the same issue.
I hope that the community can find the problem.

Since I'm a new user of Yadis, I thought that I was doing something wrong...
Still possible of course.

I too have the HDD build in Dune.
The workspace is located on my computer's C drive: program files/yadis/workspace
The dune interface is located on the dune's harddrive: dune/yadis.
The movies are located at dune/movies

As already indicated by the above users, it works well in the main movie window, but as soon as you make a selection via genre or actor or ... it is impossible anymore to click on a movie to get the detailed info or to start the movie.

Beside this problem, the program is really great!!!

SykikJV
28-06-11, 14:04
Hi all,

Very interesting tread, since I have exactly the same issue.
I hope that the community can find the problem.

Since I'm a new user of Yadis, I thought that I was doing something wrong...
Still possible of course.

I too have the HDD build in Dune.
The workspace is located on my computer's C drive: program files/yadis/workspace
The dune interface is located on the dune's harddrive: dune/yadis.
The movies are located at dune/movies

As already indicated by the above users, it works well in the main movie window, but as soon as you make a selection via genre or actor or ... it is impossible anymore to click on a movie to get the detailed info or to start the movie.

Beside this problem, the program is really great!!!

The folders are the same for me. Is it possible that this had something to do with the language of folders?

I've got yaDIS in Dutch-language, and the path yaDIS uses to search the movie contains "actie" as folder. This is the dutch translation of the genre "Action", but i don't know if the folders on the disk are translated to? Maybe it should search for the folder "action"?

Fred-L
28-06-11, 14:11
SykikJV, kayzee and Steinberger, please take a screenshot when the error occurs and post it here.
Thank you.

To take a screenshot, press the eject button on the remote.

Fred-L
28-06-11, 14:21
The folders are the same for me. Is it possible that this had something to do with the language of folders?

I've got yaDIS in Dutch-language, and the path yaDIS uses to search the movie contains "actie" as folder. This is the dutch translation of the genre "Action", but i don't know if the folders on the disk are translated to? Maybe it should search for the folder "action"?
If you process a movie with a specific language and you change the language later, it will cause problems in some index categories (like genres that are translated). Process again the movie will not fix the issue. You must use the reload button to get the genres of the newly selected language.

Please, do not change the language all the time. You have to select your language and never change it. If you do that, you have to delete all medias in yaDIS and process them again (or use the reload button).

SykikJV
28-06-11, 15:13
If you process a movie with a specific language and you change the language later, it will cause problems in some index categories (like genres that are translated). Process again the movie will not fix the issue. You must use the reload button to get the genres of the newly selected language.

Please, do not change the language all the time. You have to select your language and never change it. If you do that, you have to delete all medias in yaDIS and process them again (or use the reload button).

Thanks for your response!

I haven't changed the languages of these specific movies. The problem is the same for all the movies. Below is a screenshot :

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8774/imag0201n.jpg

Fred-L
28-06-11, 15:19
Ok, so you do not even see the information screen. For you the issue is that the Dune is not able to jump to the information screen located in "00\00\moviename" (in the interface generated by yaDIS).
Are you sure you are using the last beta firmware ? (the one that brings the new Flash GUI).
In yaDIS interface, you should have a blue selection frame around the selected poster, like in this screenshot:

http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview3.jpg

kayzee
28-06-11, 16:11
Steinberger

I have exactly same configuration. Even folder names are the same. I tried to change the content in the Dune_Folder.txt by changing the file names. But It did break the whole thing. I had to rebuild the complete catalog again. I will have to spend some time on understanding the Dune_folder structure and see if I could get it fixed. I would like to if the Source code of the yaDis is avaialble (is it a GNU/OpenSource type product). if not is there any documentation on the catalogues folder structure.

I hope Fred-L would have a look at this and help us.

Cheers

K.C

kayzee
28-06-11, 16:20
Are you sure you are using the last beta firmware ? (the one that brings the new Flash GUI).

Aha. This may be the issue with me. I have set firmware upgrade to latest stable version. So I will have a look at it once I go home.

however, in my case, I dont get any error at all. I can select a movie. but when I click on the movie, nothing happens. It works only when I select the movie from the "all movies".

I am leaving the office. will be at home in a bit to check this

Cheers

K.C

Steinberger
28-06-11, 16:35
Indeed, you see no error unless you try to start to play the movie or ask some file info of the movie (one of the buttons around the circle arrows).

I'm still working with the last stable released FW not yet the Beta.
I will try to update this evening. Still at work now :-(

SykikJV
28-06-11, 16:43
Ok, so you do not even see the information screen. For you the issue is that the Dune is not able to jump to the information screen located in "00\00\moviename" (in the interface generated by yaDIS).
In yaDIS interface, you should have a blue selection frame around the selected poster, like in this screenshot:

http://flhote.free.fr/yadis/preview3.jpg

That may be the case. As Kayzee replied, i also have the setting "last stable" in the firmware upgrade options.

So this should be solved after downloading the latest beta-firmware for the Dune-player?

Fred-L
28-06-11, 16:55
Yes, if you all install the latest beta firmware, the issue will be solved.
I (quite) sure of that ;)

kayzee
28-06-11, 18:26
YEP IT WORKS. FRED-L. It may be a good Idea if you could information that this version only works with the new beta. Also, Might want to keep the older version, just in case ppl don't want to update the firmware untill its confiremd stable.

Thankyou verymuch for this wonderfull piece of software

Cheers

K.C

flugs
28-06-11, 19:37
Salut,

look post #1290, Fred mentioned it when he officially released 2.1

A+
flugs

Steinberger
28-06-11, 20:51
Yep, installing the new firmware did fix not only the problem, but gave me a much nicer Dune interface.

Thank you so much for the Yadis program, it really makes a nice media player into a brilliant piece of gear! thumbs up.

SykikJV
29-06-11, 11:43
Yep, installing the new firmware did fix not only the problem, but gave me a much nicer Dune interface.

Thank you so much for the Yadis program, it really makes a nice media player into a brilliant piece of gear! thumbs up.

I second that! :)