PDA

View Full Version : Failed to open url

hdiduneuser
03-07-11, 17:59
I've installed the new dune firmware, after that I also installed the latest version of Yadis.

Perhaps I have a wrong setting somewhere because I cannot open movies with the remote. But if I browse to the source folder where the movies are stored and I play I have no issues at all.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ui7sph.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/k54b9x.jpg

Some info of my situation:

Dune HD Base 3.0 with internal 1.5 terra disk.
Laptop with windows 7
No usb flash memory.

Settings:
werkmap
C:\Program Files (x86)\yaDIS\workspace

dune interface location:
\\DUNE\hard_disk_0c59ca09_5f6e_4cdb_98e4_e8862b050 528\yaDIS

Movie location on internal Dune disk:
\\DUNE\hard_disk_0c59ca09_5f6e_4cdb_98e4_e8862b050 528\Film

What am I doing wrong?

flugs
03-07-11, 20:01
Salut,

if I remember right there is an issue with "_" inside the storage-ID.
(if you compare the error message and your configuration, you can see the "hard_" is missing).
Please check the configuration of your Dune-folder (should be "hard_disk_...").

You can also search storage_uuid inside the forum to get more information regarding this access to the media.

A+
flugs

hdiduneuser
03-07-11, 22:57
Salut,

if I remember right there is an issue with "_" inside the storage-ID.
(if you compare the error message and your configuration, you can see the "hard_" is missing).
Please check the configuration of your Dune-folder (should be "hard_disk_...").

You can also search storage_uuid inside the forum to get more information regarding this access to the media.

A+
flugs

Thanks!!
I will have a look :-)

hdiduneuser
03-07-11, 23:19
Is it because I have no system storage?
Since the last 2 versions of Yadis I have issues like this..

Fred-L
04-07-11, 09:19
I've installed the new dune firmware, after that I also installed the latest version of Yadis.

Perhaps I have a wrong setting somewhere because I cannot open movies with the remote. But if I browse to the source folder where the movies are stored and I play I have no issues at all.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ui7sph.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/k54b9x.jpg

Some info of my situation:

Dune HD Base 3.0 with internal 1.5 terra disk.
Laptop with windows 7
No usb flash memory.

Settings:
werkmap
C:\Program Files (x86)\yaDIS\workspace

dune interface location:
\\DUNE\hard_disk_0c59ca09_5f6e_4cdb_98e4_e8862b050 528\yaDIS

Movie location on internal Dune disk:
\\DUNE\hard_disk_0c59ca09_5f6e_4cdb_98e4_e8862b050 528\Film

What am I doing wrong?
Remove "disk_" from the Dune path, process the movies again and export.

flugs
04-07-11, 11:11
Salut,

sorry for my wrong indication.
I just remembered there has been an issue, but my conclusion was wrong.

A+
flugs

hdiduneuser
04-07-11, 21:13
Remove "disk_" from the Dune path, process the movies again and export.

That worked!
Thanks Fred-L, appreciate it a lot.

hdiduneuser
04-07-11, 21:14
Salut,

sorry for my wrong indication.
I just remembered there has been an issue, but my conclusion was wrong.

A+
flugs

Nevermind.. you tried, and that's a good gesture too ;-)

Stan_Miller
23-07-11, 16:14
Any hints for me, too?

"Failed to open URL"

This is the Error-Message I receive when trying to playback a file with yaDIS, which is stored on an USB-HDD (WD Elements) connected to my NAS (Synology DS211+).

yaDIS is exported/saved to a folder on the NAS itsself an I can only access files, which are also stored on the NAS itsself.
I even tried to export yaDIS to an USB-Device an plugged it directly into my Dune Smart B1. Unfortunately this results in the unability to playback anything, not from the NAS or the connected USB-HDD (same Error-Message but for both NAS and USB-HDD).

In this case there is another Error-Message "Cannot access network Folder" and pops up when trying to access a Network Folder on the Dune Smart B1 leading to a Folder on, guess what, the USB-HDD connected to the NAS. Basically its the same (and only) folder on the USB-HDD I want to access with yaDIS, too.

Network options/setups/... on both devices (NAS and Dune) have to be correct, because ...

... at least I can access files stored on the NAS with yaDIS (given that yaDIS is exported to the NAS) and through Network Folders located on the NAS.
... yaDIS (Windows Application) can access NAS and USB-HDD without any problems to process all files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for help,
Stan

Stan_Miller
23-07-11, 21:56
After another hour of search i found the "solution". Some user in this community said it before, sometimes you just have to play a file manually through a Network Folder an then again try to playback via yaDIS and voila, it works. And you don't have to do it for every single file, just once (in a time). ;)

Stan

King Q
26-07-11, 10:05
Add a collon ( : ) after your ip-adres of the NAS and before the slash (/).
Like: /192.168.1.100:/volume1/video/....
Than you don't have to select a file through a Network Folder anymore!

That worked for me on my DS409+, though..

nemesi54
11-11-11, 19:38
After having also the "Failed to open url" and managing to find the solution (i think) I have a new prob now.

When i click to play a movie whick is located in my PC HDD i get this

http://i.imgur.com/bv131l.jpg

My Paths are this

http://i.imgur.com/Ix8R0.png

I really dont know where the problem is.

flugs
12-11-11, 02:06
Salut,

Is "TOR 500 WIN7" the computer name and "TORRENTS" the name of the share?
In this case you should remove "TOR 500 WIN7", as you are addressing your PC by its IP already.

A+
flugs

nemesi54
12-11-11, 15:44
Salut,

Is "TOR 500 WIN7" the computer name and "TORRENTS" the name of the share?
In this case you should remove "TOR 500 WIN7", as you are addressing your PC by its IP already.

A+
flugs

"TOR 500 WIN7" is the name of the share.
Removing this i get the "Failed to open url" error.

Sjonnie
13-11-11, 14:07
Hi nemesi54,

Does this happen with series and movies? Have you had any Windows updates recently? If so, are the permissions on your shares still correct?

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

nemesi54
13-11-11, 16:14
This happens with everything i have in that share and whatever share i have from my PC.
Yes my WinXP made some updates recently BUT the permisions are ok i checked everything.

At this point i must tell you that everything works ok through the Network browser of the Dune.

Fred-L
13-11-11, 16:45
I think you should specify credentials for the smb connection. At least the Windows user "guest".

nemesi54
13-11-11, 16:50
I think you should specify credentials for the smb connection. At least the Windows user "guest".

Did it nothing happened i got the same result...

I also moved back to the latest BETA but again nothing...

Judging from the error only it seems that it cannot find a specific file in the yaDIS (Dune interface Location) Folder.
In that case it seems that the yaDIS itself doesnt create that file...In this case the "Play" command-file....
Or maybe i'm wrong..Really i cant make it out...

Sjonnie
14-11-11, 19:49
Hi nemesi54,

OK. It is time to get into the dirty details of it. Can you show us the content of the dune_folder.txt for Avatar (or any other movie on your XP machine). You should find it in your export folder of yaDIS in a sub folder. In my case the movies are to be found in
<rootfolder>\yaDIS\00\00\<name of the movie>\dune_folder.txt

Let's see if there is something wrong that can help us?

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

nemesi54
14-11-11, 21:37
you got it.
Here 2 movies from 2 different hdd on my PC that gives the problem.

\\Dune\500_gb_94b80f82b80f61da\_yaDIS\00\00\Avatar \dune_folder
*** NE PAS SUPPRIMER OU MODIFIER CETTE LIGNE - DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THIS LINE ***
background_order=before_all
background_path=background.jpg
use_icon_view=yes
icon_path=icon.aai
icon_sel_path=icon.aai
icon_scale_factor=0.8
icon_valign=center
paint_captions=no
paint_help_line=no
paint_path_box=no
paint_content_box_background=no
paint_scrollbar=no
paint_icon_selection_box=no
paint_icons=no
system_files=*.aai,*.jpg
item.0.caption=Play
item.0.media_url=smb://192.168.1.36/TOR 500 Win7/TORRENTS/TAINIES HD/Avatar/Avatar.mkv

\\Dune\500_gb_94b80f82b80f61da\_yaDIS\00\00\INCEPT ION\dune_folder
*** NE PAS SUPPRIMER OU MODIFIER CETTE LIGNE - DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THIS LINE ***
background_order=before_all
background_path=background.jpg
use_icon_view=yes
icon_path=icon.aai
icon_sel_path=icon.aai
icon_scale_factor=0.8
icon_valign=center
paint_captions=no
paint_help_line=no
paint_path_box=no
paint_content_box_background=no
paint_scrollbar=no
paint_icon_selection_box=no
paint_icons=no
system_files=*.aai,*.jpg
item.0.caption=Play
item.0.media_url=smb://192.168.1.36/TORRENTS 1TB/TORRENTS/TAINIES HD/INCEPTION/00001.m2ts

flugs
14-11-11, 23:26
Salut,

Possibly I have overseen it (in this case ignore this post).

Could you browse to the files on your PC using the Dune network browser and could you start the movie from there?

I was obliged to give full access to everybody on my Win7 machine to browse the shares from the Dune.

A+
flugs

nemesi54
15-11-11, 07:29
At this point i must tell you that everything works ok through the Network browser of the Dune.

Yeap ;);)

Sjonnie
15-11-11, 19:47
Hi nemesi54,

I am a bit baffled:-? I can't see any obvious errors or indications in your dune_folder files. I compared them with mine and they are the same for as far as that is possible:wink:

Would it be much trouble for you to delete the exported yaDIS files and re-export them again?

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

flugs
15-11-11, 20:00
Salut,

Same to me. Cannot find any error in the configuration of yaDIS and the exported files.

Have you tried to create a guest account like Fred-L said (somebody (possibly it was Fred-L) said somewhere, that the Dune uses "Guest" as username, if not credentials are used in the SMB link).
You could also try to add a valid user account (or use your actual windows user account) to access the share and add the credential information from this account to the SMB.

From the message you get, I'm quite sure that the problem is related to access rights (otherwise you would a ... not found style message).

A+
flugs

nemesi54
16-11-11, 00:37
In the last days i deleted and re-exported the files many times. Nothing worked.

I made a new account on my PC that i named it Dune and gave it Admin priviliges. Again nothing.....

As my last word... I give up....

Thanks everyone that helped me and spent there time for my prob.

Thanks a lot guys.