PDA

View Full Version : Help please with yaDIS icon and chaning backgrounds

jsc1205
21-08-11, 02:13
I know you can change the backgrounds in yaDIS but just replacing the background jpg, but in order to do this to get the same background (or multiple ones) for each section (i.e. main, movies, tv shows, year, etc) you have to change every single one. Problem is, there are background images that have the strip thing on the bottom that says "movies" etc. How in the world do you change the background and make it universal across the program??

Also, I have made a favorite of yaDIS, but all that shows up is a star icon. I have read that you have to have icons turned on in the settings and I do, but still no yaDIS icon. How do you do it???

Please advise

DuneLover
21-08-11, 12:03
Hi jsc1205,

You must change the background in the yaDIS folder (in my case it's C:\program Files\yaDIS\templates) there you will find the background.jpg & background2.jpg
Replace them with the pictures you want to use.
I renamed the original pictures in that folder to background_old.jpg & background_old2.jpg that way you always have the original pictures in case you want to change back.

regards, DuneLover

jsc1205
21-08-11, 23:29
Hi jsc1205,

You must change the background in the yaDIS folder (in my case it's C:\program Files\yaDIS\templates) there you will find the background.jpg & background2.jpg
Replace them with the pictures you want to use.
I renamed the original pictures in that folder to background_old.jpg & background_old2.jpg that way you always have the original pictures in case you want to change back.

regards, DuneLover

Thanks for the help!
But still can't figure out why I'm not getting the yaDIS icon when I save it to my favorites ......still getting the star icon. Tanks in advance for any guidance / help

DuneLover
23-08-11, 23:36
yw, glad i could help.... don't know bout the yaDIS icon tho, could have something to do with the Aview in the lower left of you're tv screen. Press it a few times and see if it changes

Fred-L
24-08-11, 11:23
Most of the time, it is a star that is used when creating a shortcut. It is not well handled by the Dune.
If I remember, there is one icon layout that allow the yaDIS's logo to be used. I don't remember the right one...
Try creating the shorcut with each icon layout available in Dune setup. It should work with one.
After that, you can switch back to your preferred layout. The yaDIS's icon will remain.