PDA

View Full Version : I think i'm screwed

skank
08-09-11, 14:27
Yesterday i formatted my pc, kept my template ;) phew
Today i installed yadis again, but ding dong, i forgot to backup my workspace !

Is everything lost? my exported files are still on the server.
Any way to get everything back so i dont have to restart all over? (huge amount of movies)

kiskis
08-09-11, 16:16
Yesterday i formatted my pc, kept my template ;) phew
Today i installed yadis again, but ding dong, i forgot to backup my workspace !

Is everything lost? my exported files are still on the server.
Any way to get everything back so i dont have to restart all over? (huge amount of movies)

If you already made fresh windows install on to the same HDD where you had old windows, then you are..well :( .
It is possible, that you stop using this hard disc at this same moment, where you had installed yaDis previously and try recover your data wish is already formatted, but not yet overwritten by windows and other programs that you already installed.
It is still very very unlikely, that you get your data back.
Yes, you can get some fragments from this yaDIS workspace, but few files is not helping you.

I tried data recovering, when user already formatted HDD or deleted data and overwritten it with new data. At this point you dont get back all data what you need. Only small part of them. If you are lucky.

For a next time, when it happens, stop using this HDD, where you by accidently deleted your valuable data. Then data can be recovered quit easily.

skank
08-09-11, 16:41
Crap lol. Guess i have to restart.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

sneferu
09-09-11, 00:19
Crap lol. Guess i have to restart.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

Not that this helps now. But you can redirect Yadis to store the workspace anywhere you want - i have moved mine to mydocuments/dune/yadis/workspace - i have mydocuments on auto backup :) - program files... Only when i remember.:(

For the future...

Sneferu

skank
09-09-11, 07:52
k thx :) hehe

Gennoise
09-09-11, 10:30
You should look into dropbox (or similar) to store online backups, prevention is better than cure. :wink: