PDA

View Full Version : Dune H1 Iso files stuttering

amosmar
16-11-11, 19:17
Having finally connected and setup Dune H1, I loaded a few test iso files, all play for 2 secs and then stutter as if in slow playback, pausing playback doesn't work? Files were ripped using 2 different rippers which I have had no probs with before, any ideas as just want to have 1 file per dvd ( no compression - entire disc ripped )?

Rudik28
17-11-11, 00:27
amosmar-can you give little more information:from where you play ISO file-from external or internal HDD,From NAS,-You try did read test?
Program you use to rip DVD ?

amosmar
17-11-11, 03:15
Rudik28, am playing iso files from internal hdd in Dune H1, files were ripped from dvds using dvdfab and dvd shrink

Rudik28
17-11-11, 03:30
Rudik28, am playing iso files from internal hdd in Dune H1, files were ripped from dvds using dvdfab and dvd shrink

DVDshrink dont make ISO-its #1

#2 i like to see structure file DVD you ripped -same file play without any problem on PC?
#3 try this program : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Decrypter

amosmar
17-11-11, 16:24
thanks for replying

1) DVD shrink 3.2 does make Iso files, just select it in the backup options.

2) How do you want me to show the dvd file structure? I don't usually play iso files myself, have used them ok by ripping and dragging to other media players in the past - I just downloaded VLC media player and file plays ok on pc.

3) correction re ripping i used dvd fab's hd decrypter and then it works with img burn to create the iso. I have used dvd decrypter in the past and will try it again but have never had issues with dvd shrink.

amosmar
17-11-11, 19:43
Rudik28, thanks for your help, after posting in another forum and playing files without the zappiti interface it became obvious that the files were fine it was just the zappiti configuration.

Thanks to Gugs on that setup guide page http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/08/13/guide-setting-up-zappiti-for-the-dune/ the below needs to be followed so that the absolute paths are blank and that the dvd folders be subfolders of the zappiti folder, this requires updating the paths of the dvds by editing them on the pc by selecting them through the connection via "entire network". Anyway i'm no expert but now i can use zappiti and play back iso files on my internal hdd on the Dune H1:

1 First map the drives with the media, e.g. via the Explorer.
2 Pick the folders from the mapped drives in Zappiti (New Movies Folder) by using the drop downs. However, pick them by using ‘My Network Places>Entire Network>Dune>media folder’ rather then mapping the mapped drives (e.g. X:\Movies). Note, Zappiti fills in the the Absolute Path automatically(smb://192.166.0.6/hard_disk_30b047cdb047986c/Zappiti/movies). I removed to changed these as below, in my case:

Share Path:
\\Dune\hard_disk_30b047cdb047986c\Zappiti

Dune Internal Hard Drive:
\\Dune\hard_disk_30b047cdb047986c\Zappiti\movies
Absolute path = removed the one specified by Zappiti, as it is on the Share path i.e. none specified

\\Dune\hard_disk_30b047cdb047986c\Zappiti\TV Shows
Absolute path = removed the one specified by Zappiti, as it is on the Share path i.e. none specified.