PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the new 2.1.5 version

Javi555
03-12-11, 00:36
Hi!

I had a problem with the new 2.1.5 version.
I had actualiced fron 2.1.3 and i canīt saw my database films.

Somebody can help me?

Regards from Spain!

ammenRA
03-12-11, 04:30
do you save your workspace before installing 2.1.5? if not i think you'll have to re-process all of your movies

Sjonnie
03-12-11, 08:43
Hi!

I had a problem with the new 2.1.5 version.
I had actualiced fron 2.1.3 and i canīt saw my database films.

Somebody can help me?

Regards from Spain!

Hi,

Search your disk(s) for a folder called "workspace". And see if you find more instances than 1.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Javi555
03-12-11, 12:49
Hi!
Thanks for your answer!

I have a copy of folder called "workspace", and there is all films and tv series. I desinstaled 2.1.5 versión, and installed again the 2.1.3 versión and all works right again. But when I install the 2.1.5 versión donīt detect my movies colletion.
What can I do?

Edit: When I put the folder called "workspace" at the yadis 2.1.5 directory and run the program, yadis delete the file "genres.xml" from the "workspace" folder. I had somes custom genres. Can be this the problem?

Excuse me for my poor english.

Regards from Spain.

dvbuljan
03-12-11, 13:31
I have the same problem. Imported workspace from my 2.1.3 but it is not recognized in 2.1.5. Have to rescrape from the beginning.

Mr Eric
03-12-11, 13:38
Try to reprocess your movies. 2.1.5 should use your old data even if it looks like you're starting from scratch (test on one movie before doing the full list, just to be sure it works)

Javi555
03-12-11, 13:47
Try to reprocess your movies. 2.1.5 should use your old data even if it looks like you're starting from scratch (test on one movie before doing the full list, just to be sure it works)

Hi!

I have tried that you said too. I donīt know whatīs the problem.

Regards from Spain!

ammenRA
03-12-11, 14:00
funny as i don't have this problem. here's mine; before installing yaDIS 2.1.5 i put workspace, template and images from my previous yaDIS 2.1.3 to a different folder. after i install yaDIS 2.1.5, i deleted worksspace, templates and images folder that came with yaDIS 2.1.5 and have it replace with my old workspace, template and images folder, and voila it works.

-make sure that the filter option is set to all.

Javi555
03-12-11, 17:28
funny as i don't have this problem. here's mine; before installing yaDIS 2.1.5 i put workspace, template and images from my previous yaDIS 2.1.3 to a different folder. after i install yaDIS 2.1.5, i deleted worksspace, templates and images folder that came with yaDIS 2.1.5 and have it replace with my old workspace, template and images folder, and voila it works.

-make sure that the filter option is set to all.

Donīt work for me.

Thanks for your answer my friend.

Regards from Spain!

slowpoke
03-12-11, 19:10
Hmm, I backed up my folders and moved them back to the Yadis directory after installing 2.15, but after starting the program my workspace folder immediately shrank from over 7GB down to 566MB. My movies were all still there, but I had to reprocess all TV shows -- though it did keep the fan art I had previously selected. It would have been useful to include some instructions with the installer for how to retain your data.

ammenRA
04-12-11, 03:30
Donīt work for me.

Thanks for your answer my friend.

Regards from Spain!if you don't mind can you post a screenshot of your yaDIS

Javi555
04-12-11, 12:21
if you don't mind can you post a screenshot of your yaDIS

My yadis 2.1.5 is totally without datas, like you install yadis for the first time. But I put my old workspace, images, and templates folders at the program folder, but donīt reconized nothing.

Reegards from Spain!

ammenRA
04-12-11, 13:35
pls check if everything is in its place, after that try to refresh the dune interface (upper right button on yaDIS window). once i had a problem exporting data to dune h1, refresh it makes it alright. maybe it would solve your problem.

Javi555
04-12-11, 16:03
pls check if everything is in its place, after that try to refresh the dune interface (upper right button on yaDIS window). once i had a problem exporting data to dune h1, refresh it makes it alright. maybe it would solve your problem.

Thanks for your answer. Your soluction donīt work for me.

Regards from Spain.

C-Fling
04-12-11, 19:24
Can anyone tell what the recommended way is to upgrade from v2.1.3 to v2.1.5 ?

e.g. uninstall 2.1.3 first or just install 2.1.5 over the current version or something else? I really don't want to lose any of my movie data. Do I need to reprocess and export everything afterwards?

Btw, I'm using a custom template, genres, menu shortcuts, backgrounds and rows/columns, will all that still work after the upgrade or do I need to edit the xml file again etc.?

flugs
04-12-11, 19:45
Salut,

I do not know the recommended way, but here my experience.

I just made a backup of my yaDIS folder of the PC (for security) and then simply installed 2.1.5 over 2.1.3.

Was working without any problems (I have not lost any movies, cannot tell for TV shows, as I'm not using yaDIS for TV shows).
Shortcuts on the main-menu were lost (seems that there is no migration from the old to the new system).
Selection settings (movies and name) were still present.
Custom templates were still working.

I have reprocessed all movies, as I have purged the local interface with the new button (some of the indexes have been out of sync), so I cannot say, if this is mandatory or not.

A+
flugs

C-Fling
05-12-11, 17:43
Thanks for the info Flugs, I'm going to do the upgrade the way you described one of these days.

sneferu
05-12-11, 23:11
I simplly installed 2.1.5 over the top of 2.1.3

All fine, except all my TV shows were marked 'unprocessed'. So i reprocessed and all good except for the BBC Life series.

A little note about TVDB search!

I tried the change option in Yadis and it could not find any Life, LIFE, life. I also tried the search option at TVDB - it also failed to find any form of Life (made myself laugh). Finally found 'Life (2009)' when searching for BBC and manually scrolling through the list.

When back to yadis - tried change 'Life (2009)' - nothing returned. Next i changed the parent folder name to match TVDB - Life (2009) - and it worked!

My guess is the search at TVDB doesnt like the series name including the '(' and ')' and yadis is a victim of this.

Mr Eric
05-12-11, 23:42
Thanks for the info Flugs, I'm going to do the upgrade the way you described one of these days.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't install the new version over the old one. This is the first thing we test in the beta team...

You just need to save your workspace for back up purpose (anything can happen, so his is just for security, simply zip your workspace and keep it safe somewhere), but definitively the best way is to install over the previous version.

Javi555
08-12-11, 23:55
Hi!

I think that my problem is the custom geners.
Are anybody that has some custom geners in 2.1.2 or 2.1.3 and when actualized to 2.1.5 or 2.1.6 works his database films?

Excuse me for my bad english.

Regards from Spain!

KYThrill
09-12-11, 21:15
Hi!

I think that my problem is the custom geners.
Are anybody that has some custom geners in 2.1.2 or 2.1.3 and when actualized to 2.1.5 or 2.1.6 works his database films?

Excuse me for my bad english.

Regards from Spain!

I had custom genres in 2.1.3. I had no problems moving to 2.1.5. All my custom genres are still there and all my artwork generation works correctly.

I did nothing special on install. I simply installed 2.1.5 over top of 2.1.3. No copying my workspace or anything like that.