PDA

View Full Version : TVIX A1 XROID -subtitles codepage


bigstrand
22-12-11, 22:47
My Xroid has just arrived and unsurprisingly (to some people) I ran into troubles.
Xroid uses either wrong font or wrong code page while displaying subtitles. The srt files worked OK on tvix 5100. Now, no matter what subtitle codepage I choose I do not have correct characters of Polish alphabet. Some of them are wrong or missing altogether.
I knew the trick for correct codepage selection in previous proprietary tvix systems but this is android so they do not apply any more.

bigstrand
28-12-11, 17:18
My Xroid has just arrived and unsurprisingly (to some people) I ran into troubles.
Xroid uses either wrong font or wrong code page while displaying subtitles. The srt files worked OK on tvix 5100. Now, no matter what subtitle codepage I choose I do not have correct characters of Polish alphabet. Some of them are wrong or missing altogether.
I knew the trick for correct codepage selection in previous proprietary tvix systems but this is android so they do not apply any more.

Follow up and resolution

Android is an Unicode system out of the box. It supports unicode code page w/o problems. In order to get your box to display non unicode characters (windows 1250 in my case) one need to convert ANSI text code page to unicode.
It is far from being ideal but good enough for the time being. It is difficult to explain it to my wife why I spent over 200 for the player which doesn't do as little as what my now 5 yrs old 5100 did really well.