PDA

View Full Version : yadis saga in shortcut wall

calahan
28-12-11, 18:34
I dont understand why sagas not work in genres,cause most people i gess
sort her medias with genres over shortcuts in mainmenü bar.
example->all concert dvd in genre "music".
Over Shortcut "Music" i have all my concerts on one moviewall,but most concert dvd are box sets,so i have allways 2 similar covers on wall.

With the new saga Feature would it be perfect,but saga work only in all movie,alphabetical...,but not in the important genre.

What sense make this???:confused:

flugs
03-01-12, 00:51
Salut,

The handling of Sagas in other indexes than the ones already supported by yaDIS is more complex, as the items of the sagas could have different values for the index.

What would you expect?
The Saga should be displayed for all Genres of all items?
Should all items of the Saga be displayed or only the items, which fit into the index selection or should all items of the saga be displayed, regardless, if the item has the correct genre or not?
Should you be able to define specific index properties for the Saga?

This is even getting worth with other indexes like "Release dates" or "Actors"
etc (which are normally different for each movie).

So I understand this restriction of yaDIS.
What you are looking for is a Boxset-feature (grouping multiple items into a boxset), which is different from the Saga feature.
(Saga feature is intended to handle Lord of the rings 1, 2 and 3, but not Disc 1/2 of the different movies)

A+
flugs

calahan
05-01-12, 11:21
Salut,

The handling of Sagas in other indexes than the ones already supported by yaDIS is more complex, as the items of the sagas could have different values for the index.

What would you expect?
The Saga should be displayed for all Genres of all items?
Should all items of the Saga be displayed or only the items, which fit into the index selection or should all items of the saga be displayed, regardless, if the item has the correct genre or not?
Should you be able to define specific index properties for the Saga?

This is even getting worth with other indexes like "Release dates" or "Actors"
etc (which are normally different for each movie).

So I understand this restriction of yaDIS.
What you are looking for is a Boxset-feature (grouping multiple items into a boxset), which is different from the Saga feature.
(Saga feature is intended to handle Lord of the rings 1, 2 and 3, but not Disc 1/2 of the different movies)

A+
flugs
Yes,thats absolutely Right,sorry for my missunderstand Post.
Box-Set ;)

rambi70
05-01-12, 16:30
I got the genre Cabaret or Concerts on my mainmenu bar. I have greated a saga for each artist or band. I see these only in the all Movies section, but that is a very long list to scroll through. I was hoping to get a saga for each band within Concerts mainmenu and a saga for each artist within Cabaret mainmenu.

Probably I have got too much media for Yadis to keep organised using only the mainmenu.

Bubba4
05-01-12, 17:35
The only place where sagas do not display is the Genre sorting. Sagas show up in All Movies and the Alphabet sorting for example. I guess we're not really grasping why that is. If I sort my movies by the letter 'L', I get the Lord of the Rings saga in that list. What is preventing the Genre sorting from displaying sagas? I am not really clear on that.

flugs
05-01-12, 17:55
Salut,

Simply, because the Saga has a name (for the alphabetical Index), but it does not have its own Genres.
Only the movies inside the Saga have Genres, but they are not necessarily the same for all movies inside the Saga.
That is why you can see Sagas in all movies and in the alphabetical index (corresponding to properties of the Saga), but not on the others.

I suppose, you would expect that the Saga will be visible in all Genres of all items of the Saga (you have one movie with Drama and another with Drama and Comedie. You would like to see the Saga in Drama and Comedie).
If this is the case you (or somebody) could also expect that the Saga will be visible for all movie titles in the alphabetical index (example one movie is named A... the other F..... You would like to see the Saga in A and F to stay coherent with the Genres Index?).

What will be with the Actors Index?
When displaying the Saga content, would you expect only items with the actor (example: Megan Fox - Transformers. Would you expect to see Transformers 1 and Transformers 2 only or Transformers 1 up to Transformers 3)?

Sure, you could define rules for all this, but currently Fred-L has not made it as it will make things much more complex (I suppose).

A+
flugs

calahan
05-01-12, 19:41
Salut,

Simply, because the Saga has a name (for the alphabetical Index), but it does not have its own Genres.
Only the movies inside the Saga have Genres, but they are not necessarily the same for all movies inside the Saga.
That is why you can see Sagas in all movies and in the alphabetical index (corresponding to properties of the Saga), but not on the others.

I suppose, you would expect that the Saga will be visible in all Genres of all items of the Saga (you have one movie with Drama and another with Drama and Comedie. You would like to see the Saga in Drama and Comedie).
If this is the case you (or somebody) could also expect that the Saga will be visible for all movie titles in the alphabetical index (example one movie is named A... the other F..... You would like to see the Saga in A and F to stay coherent with the Genres Index?).

What will be with the Actors Index?
When displaying the Saga content, would you expect only items with the actor (example: Megan Fox - Transformers. Would you expect to see Transformers 1 and Transformers 2 only or Transformers 1 up to Transformers 3)?

Sure, you could define rules for all this, but currently Fred-L has not made it as it will make things much more complex (I suppose).

A+
flugs

Fred-L should a Feature added " Groups" like in Zappiti,and we are all Happy:p

DuneLover
08-01-12, 03:06
How do i create an saga? I currently got yaDIS 2.1.9 but i do not see an saga option. Am i overlooking something here?

Dunelover

Found the saga option, trying it out now :D

yannis
08-01-12, 10:25
Fred-L should a Feature added " Groups" like in Zappiti,and we are all Happy:p

Many other people requested this when Fred-L asked how people wanted sagas to be handled in this thread http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28071. Despite the user requests, Fred-L decided that he didn't want to do it this way. Of course, it's his program and he is entitled to do what he wants with it. For me personally, the "groups feature" of Zapitti is more important than the other "benefits" of Yadis so I'll stick with Zapitti for now.

calahan
10-01-12, 18:54
Many other people requested this when Fred-L asked how people wanted sagas to be handled in this thread http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28071. Despite the user requests, Fred-L decided that he didn't want to do it this way. Of course, it's his program and he is entitled to do what he wants with it. For me personally, the "groups feature" of Zapitti is more important than the other "benefits" of Yadis so I'll stick with Zapitti for now.

Hi Fred-L,you should think about it;)

ltgfrk
03-02-12, 00:29
How do i create an saga? I currently got yaDIS 2.1.9 but i do not see an saga option. Am i overlooking something here?

Dunelover

Found the saga option, trying it out now :D

Where did you find it??? I've been stumped for ages and feel like a complete dummy! Please help!

Mr Eric
03-02-12, 07:17
Right click on a title...

yannis
03-02-12, 10:09

And now I have to say that with the recent debacle over registration of Zapitti, the benefits of Yadis outway those of Zapitti so I've switched (but I do miss the Zapitti group feature).

Mr Eric
03-02-12, 10:21
you will soon have a "selection" feature completely customizable ;)

Fred-L
03-02-12, 10:23
In the next version, you will be able to group movies into selections.
These selections can be placed in the main menu or in the movie submenu.
It is even possible to use these selections to manage unseen (or seen) movies.
Personnally, I use them for unseen and favorites movies. My wife and my daughter have also their own selections.

flugs
03-02-12, 10:27
Salut Fred-L,

This sounds amazing.

A+
flugs