PDA

View Full Version : DVICO TVIX XROID a1 - Network access issue

mrlins
29-12-11, 10:11
I bought an Xroid a1 the other day as replacement for my Tvix 6500A but I'm having difficulties accessing the network disks. On the 6500A you only had to press the LEFT ARROW key on the remote to select source (USB, HDD, network etc) but that doesn't work on the Xroid a1. When I browse the devices it only shows the internal HDD even though I have added all the necessary data under the network options in the settings (Network disk 1, Network disk 2 etc - all through SAMBA located on a Qnap server). Using the ping command I have confirmed the connection but I just don't know how to access the network drives through the menu . . . Help anyone?

I have checked the manual as well as the Tvix/DVICO site but it doesn't say anywhere(!). Also, the write button on the 'My Q&A' -page is deactivated so there's no way to contact Tvix about this . . . great support huh? :-)

ps. tested with a USB device and THAT works (appears in the device list). Still no luck with ANY network resource . . .

bigstrand
29-12-11, 21:27
Did you mount the drives? It is the button next to PING. Just entering the settings in the options is not enough. You need to hit MOUNT and wait a second for confirmation MOUNT:OK. The you can access network drive in root folder in the media player. It will be listed as NetDisk1 (or similar)

Richnan
06-02-12, 12:57
I bought an Xroid a1 the other day as replacement for my Tvix 6500A but I'm having difficulties accessing the network disks. On the 6500A you only had to press the LEFT ARROW key on the remote to select source (USB, HDD, network etc) but that doesn't work on the Xroid a1. When I browse the devices it only shows the internal HDD even though I have added all the necessary data under the network options in the settings (Network disk 1, Network disk 2 etc - all through SAMBA located on a Qnap server). Using the ping command I have confirmed the connection but I just don't know how to access the network drives through the menu . . . Help anyone?

I have checked the manual as well as the Tvix/DVICO site but it doesn't say anywhere(!). Also, the write button on the 'My Q&A' -page is deactivated so there's no way to contact Tvix about this . . . great support huh? :-)

ps. tested with a USB device and THAT works (appears in the device list). Still no luck with ANY network resource . . .
Hi , I am having trouble with my A1. Wont recognise Hitachi 3TB USB HDD . ANy ideas anyone ? Thanks. Rich