PDA

View Full Version : 3D Movies

sypack
07-01-12, 20:38
Looked through this forum (search function is a bit limited) for 3D support.
I have a collection of 3D movies. I name them like Tron Legacy 3D.

The scraper does not find the movie unless i remove the 3D.

I would like to see a new genre: 3D (since i have the movies in 2D and 3D). Don't know if it's possible to autodetect if a movie is 3D or not or just scan the name for the presence 3D.

Other than missing 3D support, i'm loving yadis ! Great work :cool:

Rudik28
07-01-12, 21:45
Looked through this forum (search function is a bit limited) for 3D support.
I have a collection of 3D movies. I name them like Tron Legacy 3D.

The scraper does not find the movie unless i remove the 3D.

I would like to see a new genre: 3D (since i have the movies in 2D and 3D). Don't know if it's possible to autodetect if a movie is 3D or not or just scan the name for the presence 3D.

Other than missing 3D support, i'm loving yadis ! Great work :cool:

Its not supported by Dune -so point of supporting in any yadis or similar?

slowpoke
08-01-12, 00:03
sypack, the scraper does not find 3D movies because the online movie databases (imdb.com, themoviedb.org) do not have any separate listings for the 3D versions. So, it's not a limitation of yaDis, it's a limitation of those databases, not likely to change.

If you are using cases in yaDis, you can of course use the 3D blu-ray case-holder so the movie will show clearly as 3D on the movie wall.

jsc1205
08-01-12, 04:46
What I did for my 3D movies is to rip the 2D version as an ISO. But when I look through the collection in yaDIS, I know there is a 3D version available. What I did was change the OGG icon in the template to a 3D Blu-ray logo. So in yaDIS, I just choose OGG instead of blu-ray and the 3D logo shows up indicating the movie is in 3D. If I want to watch it in 2D, I just play it on the Dune.

Hope this helps

sypack
08-01-12, 10:51
Its not supported by Dune -so point of supporting in any yadis or similar?

It does support half SBS 3D movies.

sypack
08-01-12, 10:54
sypack, the scraper does not find 3D movies because the online movie databases (imdb.com, themoviedb.org) do not have any separate listings for the 3D versions. So, it's not a limitation of yaDis, it's a limitation of those databases, not likely to change.

If you are using cases in yaDis, you can of course use the 3D blu-ray case-holder so the movie will show clearly as 3D on the movie wall.

Well, it's the same movie as the 2D. I would just like that yadis adds a metatag 3D automatically if the name of the move contains 3D. By adding a 3D metatag i can easily browse all my 3D movies.

Being a programmer myself, I know this is a peace of cake ;)

flugs
08-01-12, 12:22
Salut,

I think you will be sticked to make this manually.

Knowing Fred-L from what he is writing in the forum, I suppose he will not start to parse the filename to get some additional information.
The Web-movie/TV show database and MediaInfo are providing the information independent from the filename (filename is only used to search in the scrape-database).

There is already a box for 3D Blu-ray and you could create a custom genre for it.
You only have to use this to get what you want.

You still could add an entry to
http://yadis.whisperingvault.net/projects/yadis

Only my 2 cents.

A+
flugs

craigr
09-01-12, 17:02
Really all we need is a yaDIS cover for 3D. Like a 3D Bluray cover, or 3D SBS or whatever. You could scrape the movie in 2D but just change the cover to 3D.

craigr