PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with yaDIS an Dune HD

komp
15-01-12, 14:18
hi guys,

first: please excuse my rusty english, at least the "active" part of my english hasn't been used for a pretty long time.

ok, my problem is as follows:
i set up my new qnap 412 and Dune HD smart D1, installed the newest firmware on both machines, installed an internal usb-stick, did the system storage update, installed yadis an so on...

all went well, i can start yadis on the Dune, BUT:
when i enter the "film" section, dune shows the covers of the movies, but i neither can open the preview nor can i start the movie. the weird thing is, that tv-shows work as they're supposed to!!!??

so i spent some hours to find out, what the problem was.
- i can start the movies via network-access without any problem
- changing the directory-structure of the films and even yaDIS didn't have an effect (yaDIS first was at the NAS, then i copied it to a local usb-stick - didn't change anything)
- changing the filenames and number of filenames didn't have an effect
- changing network-access from smb to nfs didn't have an effect

when i want to open a film, Dune tells me, that the directory wasn't found. the link Dune shows me is "../99/filmxyz". so i guess either Dune or yaDIS has some problems with following the relative link to the "99" directory. in order to proof that, i copied the content of the 99 directory into the "00" directory and ... IT WORKED!?!

but that's not the way i can index a few hundred movies. do you have any clue, what's going on with yaDIS/Dune (and why tv-shows work properly wthout changing anything)???

thanks in advance

komp

Fred-L
15-01-12, 19:00
What is the firmware installed on your Dune ?
Have you tried to reset the settings of your Dune ?

Send me via a PM the dune_folder.txt located in the folder "workspace\interface\00\00" and also the list of folders you have in "workspace\interface\00\99". I'll check if there is something wrong with the output generated by yaDIS.

Mr Eric
15-01-12, 23:14
Someone had the same problem here : http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28223

Apparently upgrading the dune's firmware fixed it

komp
16-01-12, 09:19
hi fred and mr eric,

thanks for your answers.

i did an upgrade to the latest beta firmeware of the dune and it works now.

i just can't make a link to yadis at the main window now, but have to put it in the favorites?

komp

Mr Eric
16-01-12, 10:05
yes you need to put it in your favorites. FYI, if your interface is on a NAS, the new firmware makes it really slow to use...

I don't understand why you had this problem with the old firmaware, I'm also using the old one (I think it's from june 2011 ?) and don't have any problem.

komp
16-01-12, 10:32
hey eric,

since i don't like the skin that comes with the new firmware i'll try to downgrade to the latest stable version and see if it works.

with the last firmware i had on my dune (before the beta) i was able to put a link of the yadis-dir directly to the main screen, even if the interface was on the nas.

but where else should i put the interface? the internal usb is used for system storage und i don't have a HDD in my D1. the only option would be a further usb-stick.

barrie1985
16-01-12, 22:00
Hello

I have also a problem with yadis it looks like the same problem as you komp..
I run a dune d1 with a internal hdd and a external hdd attached to the dune.

I go to those hdd through the network with yadis..
And export to a map on my internal hdd in the dune..
And with tv shows no problem..,
With movies i can only see the covers when i push enter nothing happens no error nothing..

Somebody an idea?
Or is this also a firmware problem?
I have the since this saturday i have the fw that was on the when i get it...

Thanx

barrie1985
16-01-12, 22:01
Hello

I have also a problem with yadis it looks like the same problem as you komp..
I run a dune d1 with a internal hdd and a external hdd attached to the dune.

I go to those hdd through the network with yadis..
And export to a map on my internal hdd in the dune..
And with tv shows no problem..,
With movies i can only see the covers when i push enter nothing happens no error nothing..

Somebody an idea?
Or is this also a firmware problem?
I have the dune since this saturday i have the fw that was on the when i get it...

Thanx

komp
16-01-12, 22:32
hey barrie,

let mue guess...your firmware version is 110225_1222, right?

i figured out that this version has some issues with relative paths (see bugfix report). the problem is NOT yadis, it's dune. just update the firmware and it will (hopefully) work.

komp

barrie1985
16-01-12, 22:48
Thanks for you reaction komp!
Youre right about the firmware thats the version..
Unfortunatly i can't try this sooner than tomorrow evening..

But it looks like the dune is indeed the problem...
I will post tomorrow the results...
Thanks a lot!

barrie1985
16-01-12, 22:56
Thanks for you reaction komp!
Youre right about the firmware thats the version..
Unfortunatly i can't try this sooner than tomorrow evening..

But it looks like the dune is indeed the problem...
I will post tomorrow the results...
Thanks a lot!