PDA

View Full Version : yaDIS and network attached USB HDD

Beryus
16-01-12, 13:26
Hey guys,

i got a question for you. I hope it's not that stupid and you can answer it easily. A short "Yes" or "No" would be also enough.

Ok...As stated it's possible to move movies from notebook via network to a attached usb HDD of a Dune player. Now my question. Can yaDIS access the movies stored on that usb HDD also over network? And export the dune interface too? So will everything work or is there anything to pay attention?

Regards
Beryus

Mr Eric
16-01-12, 16:35
Yes

;)

PS: not enough words, so I'm adding a PS...

Fred-L
16-01-12, 18:25
PS: not enough words, so I'm adding a PS...
:lol:

PS: Damn, I'm forced to add a PS too :mrgreen:

Beryus
17-01-12, 13:50
So if I access the usb HDD that's attached to the Dune player via network, yaDIS will set the right Dune path automatically? That's what I'm worrying about.

YaDIS is really great but is there a thread or something for some really small improvement suggestions? I got 2. :idea:

Regards
Beryus

Mr Eric
17-01-12, 13:52
you just need to set it to "storage label=" or "storage-UUID=" when you will setup your folders in yadis. And that's it ;)

For improvement, just post it in the main yadis topic.

Beryus
17-01-12, 13:57
OMG...what a quick forum. :lol:

Thanks to Mr Eric for that answer and of course Fred-L for this fantastic program.

Regards
Beryus

Fred-L
17-01-12, 14:33
So if I access the usb HDD that's attached to the Dune player via network, yaDIS will set the right Dune path automatically?
Yes, the Dune path will be set automatically using the "storage_uuid" syntax.

Beryus
17-01-12, 14:52
Thanks Fred-L.

I have also just read the "Guide d'utilisation" but sadly it's not finished. Would be nice if someone could do that. Because especially the category and shortcut configuration is IMHO difficult without explanation.

Regards
Beryus