PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Former Zappiti users

POTI
03-02-12, 13:05
Welcome, pull up a chair, and grab a beer.

yannis
03-02-12, 14:48
Cheers.

I'm sure we'll be joined by quite a few others soon.

Mr Eric
03-02-12, 14:59
You're all welcome ;-)

mtnboydl
03-02-12, 19:44
I came over after trying Zappiti for a day....much happier now

KenHas
03-02-12, 19:47
I'm wondering how you knew many zappiti users would be changing to yadis :confused:

;)

After the scandalous behaviour of HD Land, i uninstalled zappiti as soon as i found out the new terms.

Yadis is now exporting :D

yannis
04-02-12, 14:41
Well I have to say that so far, using Yadis has been a pleasurable experience. I had a few problems with the export intially but these were easily resolved thanks to the quick responses from the likes of Mr Eric and FredL.

It's nice to get regular feedback and help from the Author - something I've never had with Zapitti.

All these scrapers have their pros and cons. I prefer the look of TV series on Zapitti where all the covers for all the episodes are displayed at once. I also miss the fact that on Zapitti, what you see on the PC screen is how it will look on the Dune. On the other hand, the overall look and feel of Yadis is better and I prefer the ease of navigation through actors, genres, etc. Until recently, one of the sticking points for me was the lack of grouping feature in Yadis but the recent implementation of the Saga feature does the job well enough.

On balance, I have no regrets about switching to Yadis.

How are other "converts" finding it?

hdalex
04-02-12, 15:56
Welcome, pull up a chair, and grab a beer.

thanks POTI for inviting :-) same here - used zapp for a while, but not anymore.
And for those about hasitating - remember - all software has a smaller or bigger problem however if it does not no place like this ever exist :-)
Im glad to be here and realy glad to use Yadis
cheers hdalex

skank
04-02-12, 19:34
What happened to zappiti? Why are you guys all coming over? :p

POTI
05-02-12, 01:33
They locked the software and now require a license. It was handled very poorly.

Sjonnie
05-02-12, 11:29
And don't forget that the last few releases of Z are not as stable as you'd like. That made me decide to switch a few months ago. No regrets since (see the sig;))

Burp...the beer tastes great :D

Greetz,

Sjonnie

troy012
05-02-12, 16:13
Until recently, one of the sticking points for me was the lack of grouping feature in Yadis but the recent implementation of the Saga feature does the job well enough.

On balance, I have no regrets about switching to Yadis.

How are other "converts" finding it?

I've just found that even saga can be grouped.
Many thanks to Fred for this awesome app, your hard work is much appreciated Fred.
I love my red Yadis! :mrgreen:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8803/sagas.png

Fred-L
05-02-12, 16:24
Please, share your template ;)
It seems great.

troy012
05-02-12, 17:20
Please, share your template ;)
It seems great.

You made me nervous Fred.
Actually it's a minor mod based on your Glass Revisited template.
I only replaced these 2 parts and changed this line on template.xml:
<stamp x="160" y="5" width="90" height="90" image="saga.png" />
:lol:
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3930/sagae.png
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6881/coverframe.png

edit: This is link for the template, but I changed background2.jpg cause for personal use I'm using it with zappiti background, which I don't think it's appropriate to upload it for public :lol:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3696uo1davptfkc

gtp_98c
07-02-12, 01:57
Just wanted to start off by saying thanks!!!!! I am a recent Zapiti convert.. ;) One question though, once i have exported the Dune i see all my artwork and it works great however i see a few what look like to be broken shortcuts or something. They look like a file does in Windows that isn't associated with a program. The icon looks like a piece of paper with what looks like a palm tree on one and lines of (whats suppose to be txt) on another... What is it??

Thx

dropzone7
07-02-12, 02:03
Okay, I'll bite. I want to try Yadis but the one time I tried downloading it totally locked my computer up and I don't speak French so...

flugs
07-02-12, 04:55
Okay, I'll bite. I want to try Yadis but the one time I tried downloading it totally locked my computer up and I don't speak French so...

Salut,

What do you mean by locked?
Locked while you were downloading or locked while you installed yaDIS?
Locked Windows or just the installer?

It could take quite some time for the yaDIS installer to work (I admit I thought it is blocked the first time), but just let it working (5mins or more).

A+
flugs

yannis
07-02-12, 09:54

I'm a recent convert. Yadis downloaded and installed fine for me. Can't remember the link but it was from mediafire.com. There is a bit of guide here http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/02/04/guide-setting-up-yadis-2-0-for-the-dune/. It's a bit outdated but it'll get you started. The only problems I had were with the export because I din't have the latest beta firmware on my Dune.

Mr Eric
07-02-12, 09:56
Just wanted to start off by saying thanks!!!!! I am a recent Zapiti convert.. ;) One question though, once i have exported the Dune i see all my artwork and it works great however i see a few what look like to be broken shortcuts or something. They look like a file does in Windows that isn't associated with a program. The icon looks like a piece of paper with what looks like a palm tree on one and lines of (whats suppose to be txt) on another... What is it??

Thx

Check if your dune is not displaying hidden files and that you are running the latest firmware.

Ldog421
07-02-12, 15:56
I was an avid Zap user but started using Yadis occasionally due to issues with some specific computers not running Zap. I had hoped that Zap would eventually fix whatever those issues were but now that they have destroyed their credibility by adding this stupid registration, I'm 100% Yadis now.

So far the only thing I like a lot less in Yadis is the way TV shows in a season are shown - much prefer the 'wall' view vs the scroll view.

I'd also like to be able to select my own cover and artwork for a saga - Yadis seems to use cover/art from the first movie in a saga.

All small issues. Great program and excellent support.

PS. My career in the biz world proved time and time again that the more users you have, the more you sell. The over-reaction of HDLand to the perceived threat from German resellers is a classic case that will ultimately doom Zap to the dustbin. Too bad.

flugs
07-02-12, 16:32
Salut Ldog421,

I completely agree with you.

I also prefer Episodes in Wall-view, as it gives a better overview and selection is much faster. Custom art for Sagas would be a plus (and I think it has already been officially requested).

Hopefully this will be added (maybe as an option standard episode view/wall view or integrated as new option in the template).

Have fun with yaDIS.

A+
flugs

Mr Eric
07-02-12, 16:44
The episode wall view is unde discussion as I would prefer it too (made a demand on redmine). But it seems that it would be too much changes to implement. Nevertheless, keep asking Fred for it ;)

For the saga cover/backdrop I think it's already in the planned evolutions.

Sjonnie
07-02-12, 19:25
Hi All,

I can understand "wall-view" represents a great change in the program and as I have come to understand Fred-L does not have as much use for TV shows as others do here on the forum. So perfectly understandable. I myself mainly watch TV shows so any advancement in that area would be great.

But if Fred-L does decide to overhaul the TV show code for yaDIS I would much like to request a seen/unseen feature. It was the feature of Zappiti which has made me use it untill recently. I would surely consider another donation if that feature would be added:D

Greetz,

Sjonnie

dbone1026
07-02-12, 20:50
I got nothing to add right now except a good laugh at the first post :-P

Get me full TV show support (ability to manage individual episodes on the yaDIS PC side) and the ability to view episode thumbs for an entire season in a wall view instead of one by one. Without this yaDIS is just not as kid friendly as Zappiti (which is important in my house). If that happens it will make moving over to yaDIS from Zapp much easier.

Sylvester_Lauritsen
07-02-12, 21:46
The episode wall view is unde discussion as I would prefer it too (made a demand on redmine). But it seems that it would be too much changes to implement. Nevertheless, keep asking Fred for it ;)

For the saga cover/backdrop I think it's already in the planned evolutions.

If this is done. I would happily donate $$ to Fred-L. That would simply make yADIS the ultimate indexer :):)

Regards
Sylvester

gtp_98c
08-02-12, 01:25
Check if your dune is not displaying hidden files and that you are running the latest firmware.

Thx Mr. Eric, I wasn't aware that there even was an option to show hidden files.. That did it. Thx.

litlgi74
08-02-12, 04:32
Thanks Fred...

I am a long time Zappiti user... and I am anxious to try your software...

I think I have gotten it all set up correctly... Everything seems to be displayed on my display just fine until I hit the Enter or play button on the remote. The movie does not play... It just plays the background.jpg

Nevertheless... I am hoping someone might be able to help.

These are my settings:

http://www.the-portrait-gallery.com/yadis_1.jpg

http://www.the-portrait-gallery.com/yadis_2.jpg

F:\Media\Movies\BluRay -> is were my movies are stored on my WHS
smb://John:William1@192.168.1.42/Media/Media/Movies/BluRay -> this the path my form my Dune to access the above shared files.

These are the same setting that I use for Zappiti... it worked just fine.

Also... I would prefer not to have to use the USB flash drive on the dune (Z:yaDIS)... Is there way I could keep the yaDIS folder on my WHS?

Thanks again... can't wait you use the beauty of a program!

Starwarp
08-02-12, 07:47
you have in your smb path media twice but on your PC once

/Media/Media/Movies/BluRay

litlgi74
08-02-12, 07:52
All Fixed... It was because I didn't choose "Yes" for Hide System Files in the Dune setup...

Awesome!

JonasW
08-02-12, 19:24
Another long using Zappiti user here, now looking at Yadis. Is there a official website where you can get the latest version?

Zappiti f*cked up with the whole registration part.

Mr Eric
08-02-12, 19:52
Latest version is always updated in the opening page of the main yadis topic (second post) ;)

JonasW
08-02-12, 20:04
I just noticed that, thanks :)

I have alot of folders that contain 720p or 1080p after the filename, Yadis won't pick them up. Is there any way to fix this _without_ renaming all my folders? I have named them this way on purpose and it would be nice to keep them this way.

Mr Eric
08-02-12, 20:36
You can use (720p) for example. Yadis won't see anything when it's between ().

JonasW
08-02-12, 21:55
But there isn't a way to rename it in Yadis when it searches the net for info? Just like in Zappiti where you can change the filename in the scrape window. This doesn't change the name of the physical file on the disk, only what Zappiti looks for when it tries to find cover, info and so on.

Edit: Found it! It didn't work last time I tried ut, but this time a windows popped up. I would guess the english word for it is "change". Then I can manually search for a title. Great! :)

Yadis here I come, bye bye Zappiti!

Mr Eric
08-02-12, 22:01
Of course you can use the manual search in yadis. Right click a title and use "change title" this will open a window where you will type in your title and search tmdb.