PDA

View Full Version : Failed URL, noob sorry

mtnboydl
05-02-12, 03:01
Hey guys.

Me again.

I've had a great deal of success getting to this point, and have loved every minute of setting up and organizing all of my media with yaDIS. I have nearly 9TB of data, so it can be a bit daunting!

I have finally set up my export to go to attached storage on the Dune, and completed the entire export process. I am connected to the host computer via SMB. The data is all on a DroboPro, so not technically NAS.

When I get to the title page and navigate to a movie or TV show, I geth the Failed URL message, and am at a loss for how to progress and fix this. On googling the issue, I have learned that there is a limitation on the Dune Smart B1 (and possibly other Dune models) that only allows it to have one active SMB connection at a time. I don't know exactly what to do with that...I can successfully access all of the data and watch everything just through the Dune's stock UI, but if I was content with that, I wouldn't even be here in the first place!

This is a copy of one of the .txt's after being exported. If you need additional information or images, just let me know. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to networking, and am not sure where to go from here. If you have specific instructions, I would greatly appreciate them!!!!

*** NE PAS SUPPRIMER OU MODIFIER CETTE LIGNE - DO NOT DELETE OR MODIFY THIS LINE ***
background_order=before_all
background_path=background.jpg
use_icon_view=yes
icon_path=icon.aai
icon_sel_path=icon.aai
icon_scale_factor=0.85
icon_sel_scale_factor=1
icon_valign=center
paint_captions=no
paint_help_line=no
paint_path_box=no
paint_content_box_background=no
paint_scrollbar=no
paint_icon_selection_box=no
paint_icons=no
system_files=*.aai,*.jpg
item.0.caption=Play
item.0.media_url=storage_label://Drobo/Media/Movies/BluRay Movies/A-H/#0-9/300 [2006]/300 [2006].mkv

Sjonnie
05-02-12, 12:40
Hi mtnboydl,

Can you give us some more information on your setup? Like for instance the paths you use in yaDIS?

And one thing is not clear to me: you are using a Drobo connected to your network, right? If so, you should not use "storage_label://" in yaDIS but something like "smb://" or "nfs://"

If the Drobo is connected in a different manner, please explain to me/us how. I never had any dealings with a Drobo.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

mtnboydl
05-02-12, 23:05
Sjonnie-

Thanks so much for getting back to me. The Drobo acts essentially as an external drive to my main home computer. The generation DroboPro I have is not technically a NAS. It connects via USB to the host computer, and then I access my host computer through the dune via SMB. I don't know if that answers your question.

Below are images from my setup:
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup1.png
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup2.png
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup3.png
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup4.png
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup5.png

What else can I provide you with?

Rudik28
06-02-12, 04:45
Read this : http://www.amazon.com/Data-Robotics-DroboPro-FireWire-DRPR1A21/product-reviews/B0026NCWAU

Did you try connect Drobo to Dune via USB ?

Mr Eric
06-02-12, 10:44
if your drobox is connected to the PC, it should be declared as network drive and you should use SMB. Always consider that for path the point of view is from the dune. So the dune considers any drive on your PC as a network drive...

mtnboydl
06-02-12, 18:34
Rudik- Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what to read specifically on that page. I want to keep the Drobo on my host computer for ease of management and access of data. Any suggestions?

Mr. Eric- What do you mean by declared as a network drive? It looks like a local drive when I access My Computer. Image below for explanation.

Does that mean i change the dune path from storage_label:// to smb://? (from the last image of my first post)

Thanks everyone for your help!

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/Setup6.png

Mr Eric
06-02-12, 18:43
don't look in "my computer", go just below in "network" you will find you PC and inside your drobox as seen from your dune (assuming your PC is on the same network). Use this way to declare the path in the setup and use smb instead of storage_label ;)

Sjonnie
06-02-12, 19:19
Hi mtnboydl,

To add to the advice of Mr. Eric, let me give you an example.

Suppose your computer has an IP address like 192.168.0.10 . You can find out yours by going to the Run command in Windows and type:
ipconfig /all

Then in yaDIS you change the Dune Path per share as follows:
smb://192.168.0.10/media/Movies/BluRay Movies/A-H/#0-9

Note: this needs to be done for every share.

Make sure the Dune has access to the shares. If you have a username/password on the shares please use them in the Dune Path settings as follows:
smb://username:password@192.168.0.10/media/Movies/BluRay Movies/A-H/#0-9
That should do the trick:D

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

mtnboydl
06-02-12, 19:36
Hi mtnboydl,

To add to the advice of Mr. Eric, let me give you an example.

Suppose your computer has an IP address like 192.168.0.10 . You can find out yours by going to the Run command in Windows and type:
ipconfig /all

Then in yaDIS you change the Dune Path per share as follows:
smb://192.168.0.10/media/Movies/BluRay Movies/A-H/#0-9

Note: this needs to be done for every share.

Make sure the Dune has access to the shares. If you have a username/password on the shares please use them in the Dune Path settings as follows:
smb://username:password@192.168.0.10/media/Movies/BluRay Movies/A-H/#0-9
That should do the trick:D

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Thanks!!! I will do this when I get back from atlanta tomorrow night.

Sjonnie
06-02-12, 20:04
Hi mtnboydl,

Keep us posted on your findings!

Greetz,

Sjonnie

mtnboydl
09-02-12, 01:06
Looks like I have to re-scrape all of the data now that the dune path has been changed to smb://192.168.1.5/Media/Movies/XXXXX. Gonna take a while, but I hope it works! I will let you know.

mtnboydl
12-02-12, 00:43
So...finally got around to testing this out today. It doesn't work :(. I am still getting a failed url message when I open up the file, though this time it does note that it is @ smb://192.168.1.5/Media/Movies/XXXXX

What additional bit of info can I provide you guys so that I can figure out what I have configured wrong? I read somewhere about the Dune not being able to support 2 active SMB connections....could it be that the regular dune interface shouldn't be able to access the files, and that it should only be through the yaDIS UI?

Thanks!

troy012
12-02-12, 05:01
Hi, I'm also a noob, but maybe i can help. Assuming your username for your PC is "mtnboydl" and you access your PC using password "mtnboydlpassword", then your configuration should be: smb://mtnboydl:mtnboydlpassword@192.168.1.5/Media/Movies/XXXXX
Of course you need to reprocess & reexport, it won't take long.
If you have made a shortcut of Yadis in Dune before, don't forget to delete it and make a new one. Good luck.

mtnboydl
12-02-12, 06:57
I actually don't have a login/password for the host computer. I don't think that would be a necessary part of the file path, but I could be wrong.

troy012
12-02-12, 07:10
Have you set Drobo for sharing for "everyone" in permission level?
Right click > properties > sharing > share

mtnboydl
12-02-12, 07:13
Sharing is set for maximum access across the network.

troy012
12-02-12, 07:16
In Dune, under Network Browser > SMB > Workgroup > PC, can you see Drobo?
If not, try this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5x33s24mxzi8fuv
http://www.jankamp.com/2010/11/windows-share-manager/

Sjonnie
12-02-12, 10:22
*snip* I read somewhere about the Dune not being able to support 2 active SMB connections....could it be that the regular dune interface shouldn't be able to access the files, and that it should only be through the yaDIS UI?*snip*

Hi mtnboydl,

You are right, the Dune only handles one smb connection. I saw in your first post that you export to an external drive (WD Pasport) which is connected to the Dune. All your media is stored on the Drobo and accessed through SMB.

You do have an enourmous amount of shares all pointing to some subfolder of your Drobo folder media. For testing purposes it might be an idea to point to the root folder (in your case K:\Media\Movies) and index from there. It does require a lot of work but it might work.

I have read on this forum that it is possible to install yaDIS for a second time on your computer effectively giving you two instances (use seperate workspace locations ;) ) That should enable you to test this scenario without destroying you current yaDIS database. This scenario also gives you the possibility to export just one subfolder of the Drobo and see if that works.

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

mtnboydl
13-02-12, 03:31
Should I delete the connection on the Dune home screen to my host computer so that it doesn't try to use that as an SMB connection paralleling yaDIS? I'm not sure if it would see that as two separate SMB's, or if it is just one connection because it is to the same computer.

troy012
13-02-12, 04:46
I understand that you have changed your Dune path, but have you changed your folder from K:\Media\Movies\Regular Movies\xxx to \\Drobo\Media\Movies\Regular Movies\xxx by pointing through "network" instead of "computer"?
Can you play movies from Network Browser>SMB>Workgroup>PC>Media>Movies>xxx directly? Just to make sure that your problem is not network problem, but in your Yadis configuration.

Sjonnie
13-02-12, 09:55
Should I delete the connection on the Dune home screen to my host computer so that it doesn't try to use that as an SMB connection paralleling yaDIS? I'm not sure if it would see that as two separate SMB's, or if it is just one connection because it is to the same computer.

Hi mtnboydl,

No you don't have to delete the shortcut.

Please follow the advice of troy012 and report the results back to us.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

tiger6969
14-02-12, 12:01
Hi,

In no way want to hijack thread, am having a similar problem with my failed url message displayed in Yadis and am hoping someone can clear up for me (and potentially sort original poster's issues as well!).

I have added a Gigabit switch to my network, which caused my server to change IP addresses from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.5. I have updated Yadis in the settings tab to reflect the change, however Yadis continues to try and open the file on the old server IP address. I know the TV series files are working as I can access them without the Yadis interface, of course ideally I would like Yadis to be able to see them and use the interface though!

I have no idea how to get Yadis to point to the new server address, any help would be appreciated.

Sean

Fred-L
14-02-12, 13:00
After changing the Dune paths with the new IP adresses, you have to re-process everything in order to update media urls in the interface. Then export.

tiger6969
14-02-12, 13:42
Hi Fred,

That is exactly what I thought I would need to do, and it has not worked.

First step, go to yaDIS, Setup, folders, and point the program at new server address which appeared to work perfectly.

2nd, re process all Tv series

3rd, export

Now when I go to Dune, it igoes to new yaDIS folder no problem on new server location, then the media link still is searching for the old server address.

I am sure I am missing something very basic, any ideas appreciated.

Sean

Mr Eric
14-02-12, 13:48
did you change both folder to scan and dune path in the folder settings ?

tiger6969
14-02-12, 14:52
did you change both folder to scan and dune path in the folder settings ?
I changed the folder which then automatically updated the Dune path to the new server address (from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.5).....

Mr Eric
14-02-12, 15:05
did you checked that there was no extra "\" in the path, I found out that sometime it can happen...

tiger6969
14-02-12, 15:20
did you checked that there was no extra "\" in the path, I found out that sometime it can happen...
Tried reducing \ to one instead of two, reprocessed and exported, no difference, yaDis still trying to link media to old server address, very strange!

Sjonnie
14-02-12, 16:39
Hi,

Try emptying Network places in Explorer C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Network Shortcuts

It might just work;)

Note: Always back-up files you want to delete! Use this at your own risk.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

tiger6969
14-02-12, 17:09
Hi,

Try emptying Network places in Explorer C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Network Shortcuts

It might just work;)

Note: Always back-up files you want to delete! Use this at your own risk.

Greetz,

Sjonnie
Still no good, is the next logical step deleting yaDis, and then reinstalling and reprocessing the shows?

troy012
14-02-12, 17:20
If everything failed, try to reassign old IP address manually for your server and give the new devices new IP. I always set IP for all my devices manually, so they won't change automatically. For example 192.168.1.101 for desktop, 192.168.1.102 for tv, 192.168.1.103 for dune, etc.

Sjonnie
14-02-12, 18:55
Still no good, is the next logical step deleting yaDis, and then reinstalling and reprocessing the shows?

Hi tiger6969,

Before you do that you can try to "Reset the Dune Interface". You can reach that via the button next to the i in the top right corner.

If that does not work, try to "Flush the Image Cache" (same button) before you re-install.

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

tiger6969
15-02-12, 12:19
Hi tiger6969,

Before you do that you can try to "Reset the Dune Interface". You can reach that via the button next to the i in the top right corner.

If that does not work, try to "Flush the Image Cache" (same button) before you re-install.

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie
Champion! Reset the Dune Interface worked, thanks for the assistance!

Sjonnie
15-02-12, 12:26
Champion! Reset the Dune Interface worked, thanks for the assistance!

Hi tiger6969,

Glad it worked:mrgreen:

Enjoy!

Greetz,

Sjonnie

mtnboydl
16-02-12, 02:09
So I redirected my setup location to pull from the network (beast//media/movies/zzz) but it still is getting a failed url message. I can still access the movies through the stock Dune network connection just fine, so I am at a loss. Can I take some screenshots of anything for you guys to better help me work out this problem?

troy012
16-02-12, 02:37
So I redirected my setup location to pull from the network (beast//media/movies/zzz) but it still is getting a failed url message. I can still access the movies through the stock Dune network connection just fine, so I am at a loss. Can I take some screenshots of anything for you guys to better help me work out this problem?

Yes, you can show us screenshot of your current setup and also screenshot of failed url message. I'm sure we can help you.

mtnboydl
16-02-12, 04:18
What, specifically, can I give you screenshots of?

troy012
16-02-12, 04:33
What, specifically, can I give you screenshots of?

Your setup config, folder config and what 'failed url message' says
Basically same as your screenshot on page 1 with latest config you're using.

mtnboydl
16-02-12, 17:02
The failed url message is just the generic one identifying the specific target address.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/yadis1.png

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/yadis2.png

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/yadis3.png

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/yadis4.png

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp128/mtnboydl/Computer%20Build/yadis5.png

Mr Eric
16-02-12, 17:36
Your paths should be like that :
smb://BEAST/Media/Movies/Regular Movies/#0-9

I don't know why you have uuid instead of share name...couldn't work like that.

troy012
16-02-12, 17:44
Change your dune path from smb://fe80::xxxxx%12 to smb://192.168.x.xxx. Pls read sjonnie's tutorial on page 1 to find your Beast's ip address. Then reprocess & reexport. If it's still fail, you may change your Dune interface location to \\BEAST\Media and access yadis from there. Let's see if it works.

Edit: or follow Mr Eric suggestion, it should works I think, simply change it to smb://BEAST/xxx

mtnboydl
17-02-12, 16:15
It works!!!! Thanks all for your help! Im thrilled with the outcome. Now I think I will start the search for a good background.

Is there a way the movie title can be listed below the cover art? Some of the covers don't quite betray their identity....

troy012
17-02-12, 16:15
I don't know why you have uuid instead of share name...couldn't work like that.

It's a bug in Yadis 2.2 I think. When you point through network, dune path automatically set like that.

mtnboydl, I'm glad you can now enjoy Yadis ;D

mtnboydl
17-02-12, 16:26
It works!!!! Thanks all for your help! Im thrilled with the outcome. Now I think I will start the search for a good background.

Is there a way the movie title can be listed below the cover art? Some of the covers don't quite betray their identity....

Sjonnie
17-02-12, 21:03

Woohoo! And another happy user :D

Enjoy!!

Greetz,

Sjonnie