PDA

View Full Version : Some elements from DFI into yadis..

skank
10-02-12, 14:05
Some ideas Fred-L
I tried DFI it looks way nice, but is a bit slower than yadis, but perhaps you can add some things from into yadis..

Now yadis looks more static, maybe change that?

1)For example the main page, can you add the top border like in dfi containing: date, yadis version
Maybe add the recently added movies with a cover like in DFI
2) Make the moviewall a bit more alive, now its dead with just covers: you can perhaps, do the same top border containing number of movies it showing, page, and sorted by option:
Under the rows of covers you could make the movie title, short synopsis and rating , this should change whenever you browse to another cover in the row

what do you think about it?
Maybe even make the bar to chose the sort option (which is now on the main page) make this in the moviewall, so you dont have to go back but can sort it and see th result right away

Your thoughts please
It needs a bit more liveness i think :)

skank
10-02-12, 14:24
or even beter to sort/filter things, do it like dfi and use a popup menu when you hit "menu" on your remote
DFI then brings up a menu which you can chose from to sort/filther things
works very nice, this isnt flash right?
would be very handy into yadis !

nowan1234
10-02-12, 14:27
As DFI is flash based and yadis "dune_folder" based liveness can be difficult to add to yadis... unless it magrates to flash based inferface;-)

Mr Eric
10-02-12, 14:57
@skank : basically what you're asking is that Fred should make a flash version of yadis :mrgreen:

kiskis
10-02-12, 14:59
As DFI is flash based and yadis "dune_folder" based liveness can be difficult to add to yadis... unless it magrates to flash based inferface;-)

exactly.

It is like PHP based Youtube plugin and Flash based one.
The second looks much more "nicer" but it doesn´t have a possibility add youtube user account into favorites and so on.

skank
10-02-12, 15:29
The things i asked in first post doesnt need to be flash right? Flash is for moving things?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

flugs
10-02-12, 17:29
The things i asked in first post doesnt need to be flash right? Flash is for moving things?

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk

Salut,

Flash is not only to move things.
It allows to make a real interactive user-interface (e.g. you can open a dialog to search a title etc.).
It is a completely different approach to the Dune_Folder.txt, where the Dune only displays the static information created by yaDIS in a specific way.

I think it is no worth thinking moving to Flash as long as there is no real solution to start .ISO from the flash interface (in the last version DFI can start them, but it will not come back to DFI once the movie finished (I think)).

A+
flugs

skank
10-02-12, 17:59
Salut,

Flash is not only to move things.
It allows to make a real interactive user-interface (e.g. you can open a dialog to search a title etc.).
It is a completely different approach to the Dune_Folder.txt, where the Dune only displays the static information created by yaDIS in a specific way.

I think it is no worth thinking moving to Flash as long as there is no real solution to start .ISO from the flash interface (in the last version DFI can start them, but it will not come back to DFI once the movie finished (I think)).

A+
flugs

well, i tried dfi so far and it does start .iso and it does come back to DFI

maybe cause i didnt have the latest beta firmware, i saw theres a new one , so im installing that one too, ill see if it still comes back to dfi after launching .iso or bluray map

i've always sticked to yadis so far, the only reason i didnt go to dfi was no bluray launching, now it is so far so i've tried it...
not sure which one i will stick to but i do like dfi very much cause of the liveness or how do you say that...

flugs
10-02-12, 23:07
Salut Skank,

here from the release notes from DFI 1.5:
1. Added the possibility to launch folders BluRay and DVD, as well as ISO images
After the launch of folders or images Dune not run the DFI, and falls to the main screen.

I have tried DFI only for the first releases, and never tried on my own for ISOs.
You should contact fet if it is working with your Dune as he could be interested (he is looking for a solution, so maybe you have a specific option setup of the Dune, which makes it working).

A+
flugs

skank
11-02-12, 14:09
any comments on the topic Fred-L?

skank
12-02-12, 14:42
i hope you answer this :p

calahan
23-02-12, 16:59
i hope you answer this :p

Hmm..,i just saw today for the first time a Video of DFI Interface on youtube,and i was really surprised.
I thougt it gives at the Moment no betters for Dune as YADIS,but now iam not
so sure.
Maybe ill give DFI a try,but much better it would be some Features of DFI implement in Yadis;)

yannis
23-02-12, 19:27
Hmm..,i just saw today for the first time a Video of DFI Interface on youtube,and i was really surprised.
I thougt it gives at the Moment no betters for Dune as YADIS,but now iam not
so sure.
Maybe ill give DFI a try,but much better it would be some Features of DFI implement in Yadis;)

I'm currently evaluating both. My personal opinions are these. DFI looks a little sexier but then it will because it is flash based and Yadis is Dune folder text based. Yadis is a lot faster than DFI in my setup. I prefer the way DFI shows TV episodes. Fred-Ls implementation of selections in Yadis, and the ability to add them (or genres) to the main screen is a lot easier then the DFI equivalent of making library parts. Yadis is better at scraping. Yadis has better support for native English speakers. The big down side of DFI for me is that it has problems with Folder structure movies. DFI also requires all TV episodes to have sub floders for each season whereas Yadis is more flexible.

On the whole I prefer Yadis. It'll never look like DFI because one is flash based, the other is not. I think we should leave Fred-L to concentrate on more important things (like maybe a music interface) rather than asking him to make Yadis look like something else.

calahan
23-02-12, 19:49
I'm currently evaluating both. My personal opinions are these. DFI looks a little sexier but then it will because it is flash based and Yadis is Dune folder text based. Yadis is a lot faster than DFI in my setup. I prefer the way DFI shows TV episodes. Fred-Ls implementation of selections in Yadis, and the ability to add them (or genres) to the main screen is a lot easier then the DFI equivalent of making library parts. Yadis is better at scraping. Yadis has better support for native English speakers. The big down side of DFI for me is that it has problems with Folder structure movies. DFI also requires all TV episodes to have sub floders for each season whereas Yadis is more flexible.

On the whole I prefer Yadis. It'll never look like DFI because one is flash based, the other is not. I think we should leave Fred-L to concentrate on more important things (like maybe a music interface) rather than asking him to make Yadis look like something else.

Yannis,your right,it was really more important things,like a music interface.

I pay for musicnizer 30 Dollars ,but after 2 or 3 Setups and Usings on Dune,i go back to the own Library from Dune HD for Music Bibliothek,cause Musicnizer is really needless . Better i had that Money invest in Yadis as a Donate:mrgreen:

Mr Eric
23-02-12, 20:22

Could have posted the exact same post word for word. Even the part about episode listing in yadis for which I asked an evolution on the redmine...

Apep
24-02-12, 08:43

Totally agree!!! I've testet DFI yesterday...
Another point is, that yaDis also scraps germaninfo.
yadis is the best tool for me, and the fastest :) THX Fred-L, i love your work!

skank
25-02-12, 10:35

i agree mostly :)
I also prefer yadis for these points:
- faster
- able to use selections/sagas in a way
- a lot more flexible !!!!
- in my opinion i prefer yadis way of handling tv episodes :)
- a much better scraper!!!!!!!
- able to use shortcuts to locations.... (yes to me this is very important)

So arent there any points from DFI then?
yes there is...
DFI looks less empty
But again i dont think this is because it is flash based.
I'm pretty sure you could do this with yadis too.. but i lack the knowledge...
If you could add a top banner to the moviewall (even putting in number of movies there are showing on the wall, and the filter used) , it would look even nicer! and less empty!
Also the main menu could use a top banner like DFI

And this has nothing to do with flash....

But then again, all these things said are being ignored...

But on the other side (i dont want to look as a never satisfied person), Fred-L has already done such a huge work over i dunno 2 years now?
It already looks stunning !!!!!!!!!!

Thx Fred-L!

Eternauta74
02-03-12, 03:54
Hi guys, this ir my first message here and I would like to know some issues with Yadis and, of course, sorry if I ask something already said it:
1- Is it possible to change the raiting IMDB instead of TMDB?
2- Is it possible to order by actor, director, etc. in Yadis like DFI?

tks a lot

calahan
04-03-12, 22:01
Hi,today i try DFI to test,and i can say the very best Movieorganizer is already
YADIS:

Its much faster,simplier and works with no bugs.( forgot Zappiti and DFI or Movienizer )and the best its free but i would Pay for it.
Now i know,Yadis is perfect for me,thanks to Fred-L for this great work:p

Greets,calahan