PDA

View Full Version : New at yadis and problem

pigimakos
23-02-12, 19:26
Dear all,
congrats for this amazing soft. Its rly amazing :):)
However i have a tiny problem so i need yr help :P

my setup is :

Dune HD Smart H1
Synology DS212J (shared folder Movies) > i have 2 acc's guest and admin ofc. The yadis folder in within NAS

Whenever i try to open a movie a get a message that url not found.
My yadis sets can be seen on the pic attached .

What i do wrong ?

http://oi40.tinypic.com/34ryo1e.jpg

Mr Eric
23-02-12, 19:32
Looks like the double network access bug...

Try to relocate your yadis interface somewhere else (best is on an internal or thumb drive attached to the dune) or use Nfs instead of smb for your path or access to your yadis interface folder (if you are accessing it through a smb shortcut on the dune).

Idea is to avoid to use the same smb connection At the same time for both the interface and your movies folders (this is a dune bug...)

pigimakos
23-02-12, 20:03

Try to relocate your yadis interface somewhere else (best is on an internal or thumb drive attached to the dune) or use Nfs instead of smb for your path or access to your yadis interface folder (if you are accessing it through a smb shortcut on the dune).

Idea is to avoid to use the same smb connection At the same time for both the interface and your movies folders (this is a dune bug...)

Thanks a lot for yr prompt reply !!
However, i totally lost with this proposal "use Nfs instead of smb for your path or access to your yadis interface folder (if you are accessing it through a smb shortcut on the dune). "

on yadis shortcut -dune (shortcut properties) , i changed it to nfs instead of snb but it couldnt open the program after .

Can u explain it a bit ?

i will try also a usb stick but i think it will be slower after

kiskis
23-02-12, 21:38
If I remember correctly, then Fred-L once explained about that issue.

If your Dune interface location is in the same location as your movies, for example both movies and Dune interface location and Movies path is located in NAS then you should use for Dune interface location NFS protocol and for Movies path SMB or Vice versa.

Working example should be then:

Movies path: SMB://192.168.2.9/Movies

Now, when you want to start movies from Dune interface location shortcut in Dune to NAS, then this shortcut must be using NFS protocol.

Ofcourse you can also move yaDis interface location to thumb drive, that is connected into Dune USB port.
Then Movies path does not have anymore importance, it can be SMB or NFS.

pigimakos
23-02-12, 21:51
i used usb storage stick and worked llike charm but it would be nice to avoid this .
if dune folder is on NAS u just export movies without taking out the stick every time you want to update yr gallery and put it in yr computer.

:(

yannis
23-02-12, 23:12
I don't have any problems with any of this. Maybe I'm just lucky? I have a home built "UnRaid" NAS. This has a feature called "User Shares" whereby you can set up a share which looks like one huge disc but is actually spanninhg several physical discs. So, in my setup I have a user share called "AllDiscs" which as you may guess is a root share and spans all 6 of my hard discs. The server is called "Tower". So my set up is like this. \\Tower\AllDiscs\Movies, \\Tower\AllDiscs\TV Series, \\Tower\AllDiscs\Music DVDs, etc. Yadis is also the same directory -i.e. \\Tower\AllDiscs\yaDIS. I use smb for everything and it all works fine for me. The same when I used to use Zapitti and it works with DFI too.

yannis
23-02-12, 23:27
I've given this some more thought. Difficullt to explain but it is to do with the fact that your folders are both "root shares". So try this. Create a share (folder) called something like "Media". Then move both your movies and Yadis into this folder. So you'll have something like \\PGM_DISKSTATION\Media\Movies and \\PGM_DISKSTATION\Media\yaDIS. Not sure if it'll work - be interested to hear if it does.

zekeblue
24-02-12, 00:28
i used usb storage stick and worked llike charm but it would be nice to avoid this .
if dune folder is on NAS u just export movies without taking out the stick every time you want to update yr gallery and put it in yr computer.

:(
You shouldn't have to use sneakernet :). See if you can access the Dune and the USB stick attached to it over the network from your computer. Specify the network location for the index in yaDIS. Then exporting should work via the network.

pigimakos
24-02-12, 19:17
well i tried also :

1. export to the usb stick attached to the dune : FAILED
2. export to c:_yaDIS and copy paste this folder via lan to the usb attached : FAILED
3. export directly to the usb stick attahed on the computer : SUCCESS

so the only way working so far is 3. :)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/j93fy8.jpg

yannis
24-02-12, 21:05
I had poblems too when I first started with yadis and when I tried exporting via LAN to Dune attached USB sticks. In the end I assumed that it must be a dodgy USB port on my Dune and gave up. Exporting to my NAS (as explained in previous post above) worked fine for me (and is so much faster too).

WinShare Manager
24-02-12, 21:08
Is the folder your copy the files to open for quest access? As you cant give in details of your user account it could block the system with file permission error when redirecting the files to your nas server. Open the folder with read and write access for public if you did not so

pigimakos
25-02-12, 09:01
Guys i have noticed also something else. Whenever i start dune and go immediately to yadis folder to open it ALWAYS shows url problem. BUT if i go to the network folder (nas) - shortcut and enter into the folder after the yadis progr works great.
Probably because the dune havent 'logged' in into the nas shares but how can i do this ? is this a setting ?

kiskis
25-02-12, 13:51
Probably because the dune havent 'logged' in into the nas shares but how can i do this ? is this a setting ?

Then specify Dune Path in this way..

Movies path: SMB://username: password@192.168.2.9/Movies

jolefrog
25-02-12, 23:45
well i tried also :

1. export to the usb stick attached to the dune : FAILED
2. export to c:_yaDIS and copy paste this folder via lan to the usb attached : FAILED
3. export directly to the usb stick attahed on the computer : SUCCESS

so the only way working so far is 3. :)

http://oi41.tinypic.com/j93fy8.jpg
As I have same problem to access the attached usb stick at the dune, I would like to know: did you format the stick in the dune? Then the file system on the stick (directly attached to the computer) is unavailable to me (Win XP). How can you access to this?

At your attached Picture it looks like this: "1. export to the usb stick attached to the dune" is that right?

What happened when you exported to the usb stick attached to the dune? In my case the export window starts with export and stops at around 20 to 30 percent without message.

pigimakos
02-03-12, 07:58

well, i tried yr proposal by doing the following :

1. Created a shared folder on my NAS my naming it _yaDIS and then thought is menu i gave nfs priviledges to admin (gave dune ip etc etc)
2. Export from yadis soft to nas folder (_yaDIS)
3. Though dune when i made shortcut to _yaDIS i used nfs instead of smb (which works) but didnt work at all. When i chose nfs it has 2 options tcp /ucp but none of them works. While on smb u can put user name / pass and works fine.

i do something wrong ?

yannis
02-03-12, 16:08
well, i tried yr proposal by doing the following :

1. Created a shared folder on my NAS my naming it _yaDIS and then thought is menu i gave nfs priviledges to admin (gave dune ip etc etc)
2. Export from yadis soft to nas folder (_yaDIS)
3. Though dune when i made shortcut to _yaDIS i used nfs instead of smb (which works) but didnt work at all. When i chose nfs it has 2 options tcp /ucp but none of them works. While on smb u can put user name / pass and works fine.

i do something wrong ?

Here is what you need to do - at least it works for me and I recommended it for someone else and it works for them too.

The problem arises from the fact that the Dune (and some other media players) have trouble opening more than one smb share. Some people get round iot by using a combination of smb and NFS and others simple put yadis on a USB stick. But there is another way.

First, create a shared folder at the root of your NAS and call it something like "Media". Then, in this folder, create two more sub folders. Call one "Movies" or some such, and instal Yadis in the other. So now you'll have NASName/Media/Movies and NASName/Media/yaDIS. If you want, make another folder called "TV Shows" or whatever but make sure that it is inside the root folder called "Media" - i.e NASName/Media/TV Shows.

So now, you only have one network share called "Media" and you should be able to access everything in it without any conflict.

pigimakos
02-03-12, 20:21
Here is what you need to do - at least it works for me and I recommended it for someone else and it works for them too.

The problem arises from the fact that the Dune (and some other media players) have trouble opening more than one smb share. Some people get round iot by using a combination of smb and NFS and others simple put yadis on a USB stick. But there is another way.

First, create a shared folder at the root of your NAS and call it something like "Media". Then, in this folder, create two more sub folders. Call one "Movies" or some such, and instal Yadis in the other. So now you'll have NASName/Media/Movies and NASName/Media/yaDIS. If you want, make another folder called "TV Shows" or whatever but make sure that it is inside the root folder called "Media" - i.e NASName/Media/TV Shows.

So now, you only have one network share called "Media" and you should be able to access everything in it without any conflict.

/respect m8 ....everything works PERFECT !!

yannis
02-03-12, 22:36
/respect m8 ....everything works PERFECT !!

Glad that solved it. I need to get mods to make this into a sticky somewhere - works every time it seems.

jolefrog
02-03-12, 23:55
@pigimakos (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/member.php?u=81000) after you got help from others, don't you think it's time to give something back? Just a short answer to a question should not be to much effort.

pigimakos
03-03-12, 20:12
As I have same problem to access the attached usb stick at the dune, I would like to know: did you format the stick in the dune? Then the file system on the stick (directly attached to the computer) is unavailable to me (Win XP). How can you access to this?

At your attached Picture it looks like this: "1. export to the usb stick attached to the dune" is that right?

What happened when you exported to the usb stick attached to the dune? In my case the export window starts with export and stops at around 20 to 30 percent without message.

the usb stick i used was fat 32.
didnt have any problem while exporting data to the stick attached to the dune. The problem was that i couldnt open the media, url blah blah problem appeared. I didnt spend much time to find a solution since my priority was to find a solution with the NAS

Sorry for not replying to yr msg on time