PDA

View Full Version : yadis and "Doktor Martin"

Martin68
03-03-12, 20:59
Hi there,

ive added a german tv-show called "Doktor Martin" at thetvdb.com, inculing description and artwork (http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=256359).

Yadis offers me this series when im trying to process this series - but he didnt recognize any of my episodes :-( They are named as the other series ive on my pc, so i think its a yadis-problem - anybody out there able to test this ?

thanks and bye

Martin (no Doc)

p.s.: Its not the english series with german audio - its a new interpretation of the story ....

Sjonnie
04-03-12, 07:47
Hi Martin68,

Is the series composed of individual files (i.e. S01E01.MKV or Doktor Martin S1E4.AVI) or does it contain ISO's or BD structures?

Are there any hidden files in the folders (thumbs.db:encryptable is causing problems with "my" yaDIS)?

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
04-03-12, 09:58
Fist my best thanks for your help Sjonne ! Im a new user of Dune and insecure of some of your questions ... but lets see if i understand you correct

Is the series composed of individual files (i.e. S01E01.MKV or Doktor Martin S1E4.AVI) or does it contain ISO's or BD structures?

Like other series the episodes are named

SxxExx - German name of the episode.avi

Are there any hidden files in the folders (thumbs.db:encryptable is causing problems with "my" yaDIS)?

Files are on a NAS - i dont know if there were hidden files. How can i test this ?

Thanks, hope youll give me another hint !

Bye

Martin

Sjonnie
04-03-12, 17:32
Files are on a NAS - i dont know if there were hidden files. How can i test this ?

Thanks, hope youll give me another hint !

Bye

Martin

Hi Martin,

To see if there are any hidden files you can browse to the share of the NAS through explorer and tell Windows to show hidden files (guessing you know the options in explorer (if not let me know)). Depending on the brand and type of your NAS you might also have a browser in the web interface that might have an option to show hidden files.

If you have named your files using diacretic symbols (i.e. or ) try renaming them using generic English symbols.

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
04-03-12, 19:43
Hi Martin,

To see if there are any hidden files you can browse to the share of the NAS through explorer and tell Windows to show hidden files (guessing you know the options in explorer (if not let me know)). Depending on the brand and type of your NAS you might also have a browser in the web interface that might have an option to show hidden files.

If you have named your files using diacretic symbols (i.e. or ) try renaming them using generic English symbols.

HTH

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Hi Sjonnie,

ive checked for hidden files, but didnt find any ... then i tried to process another series with this thetvdb.com - series. This should word, cause yadis only uses SxxExx for identification, but with this series it didnt work.

I see two possible causes (sorry for my english, my schooldays are some decades away) :

- i ve made a mistake entering this special series in thetvd.com

- yadis has a bug

Cause i could not believe in a bug - ill check the data at the database again.

Thank you for your hints - and a nice rest-weekend!

Best regards

Martin

Martin68
04-03-12, 21:21
Does anybody know how exactly yadis checks for the data of the Episodes?

Sjonnie
05-03-12, 17:41
Hi Martin,

As far as I know, it takes the name of the folder, checks TMDB for exact or best match and downloads the general Series info. After that it downloads individual episode info and stores that in an XML file.

I just checked TVDB.com and find two series with the same name, one Deutsch and the other Czech (??). Have you tried processing based on the TVDB id (256359)?

All info on TVDB seems valid. Should not be a problem.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Apep
05-03-12, 17:52
mmm at http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=256359

there are no Epsiodenames, no Banner and no Description so maybe there are not enough Information ;)

Martin68
06-03-12, 00:06
Hi Sjonnie !

I just checked TVDB.com and find two series with the same name, one Deutsch and the other Czech (??). Have you tried processing based on the TVDB id (256359)?

Think you tried http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=256359
which i added for getting episodes in yadis :-)
In TVDB.com theres only the original, the german series is a remake of this one and not entered there - could that be the reason ?

All info on TVDB seems valid. Should not be a problem.

ou mean http://thetvdb.com, dont you ? Ill check if will be work after editing the series-data in TMDB ....

Greetz,

Sjonnie

greetings back ... and a nice week ...

Martin

Martin68
06-03-12, 00:09
mmm at http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=256359

there are no Epsiodenames, no Banner and no Description so maybe there are not enough Information ;)

Hi Apep,

ive added the series with the german data, cause its a remake which probably isnt released in english-speaking countrys - could you please check, if you can read the german descriptions etc ?

Martin

Apep
06-03-12, 15:50
Now all Infos online :) only a banner is missing.

Martin68
07-03-12, 20:01
Now all Infos online :) only a banner is missing.

Thanks, seems to be an yadis-bug, possibly caused by missing english descriptions :cry:

Martin

Martin68
11-03-12, 10:36
Hi there,

cause of Fred semmns not to have time to take a look at this problem im searching for other hints, which could solve my problem.

Could anyone try to add this series by using the "Change"-Function of yadis an entering "Doktor Martin" as seriesname ?

Martin

Sjonnie
11-03-12, 16:39
Hi Martin68,

Mind you, Fred has a lot threads to cover so don't blame the guy if he can't address all questions posted here;)

To get back to your issue: I have created a folder called "Doktor Martin" and a sub-folder called "Season 01". I created two dummy files ( "Doktor Martin S01E01" and "Doktor Martins S01E02") and tried to scrape. yaDIS (or me :wink:) did not find any information on "Doktor Martin". When using "change title" I could not find anything when using "Doktor" or "Martin" or "Doktor Martin" or even 256359. :confused:

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
11-03-12, 20:48
yaDIS (or me :wink:) did not find any information on "Doktor Martin". When using "change title" I could not find anything when using "Doktor" or "Martin" or "Doktor Martin" or even 256359. :confused:

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Hi Sjonnie,

tested it again and if i knew how to insert a bitmap i would give you a look :-)

Could you please try it again ?

Martin

Sjonnie
12-03-12, 18:42
Hi Martin68,

Tried again as per your request. Still no luck though:(

Below are the screenshots to show you "my" Doktor Martin series and the results in yaDIS.

I am lost here:confused:

Greetz,

Sjonnie

PS. You could use Imageshack or another service to add images to your posts. ImageShack even has tools for that.

Martin68
13-03-12, 22:14
Hi Sjonnie,

please try -> Doktor Martin <-

like the following picture

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/doktorh.png/

by the way : i use (in options) TMDb, do you perhaps use Cinepassion?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Sjonnie
14-03-12, 18:29
Hi Martin68,

I am using TMDb (with MPAA ratings) and I first searched for Doktor Martin No luck:(

Trying Doktor or Martin did not do it for me either.

The episodes are named Doktor Martin S01E01 and so on. I have placed them in a folder under Doktor Martin called Season 01

Can you state your folder names just to be sure?

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
14-03-12, 23:28
Hi Sjonnie,

i used "Doktor Martin" as search string and found that series. Folder name is the same.

Could you please try to change Yadis-language-selection to Germen (Deutsch) and seach again ?

Martin,

who indeed has no idea how to get yadis to add that series.

Sjonnie
15-03-12, 17:43
Could you please try to change Yadis-language-selection to Germen (Deutsch) and seach again ?

Hi Martin68,

Did change language to Deutsch and yaDIS did find the series then. Not really progress for your problem but then again....

It does seem to be scraping the info but afterwards when I check the data folder it is empty.

Will investigate further though...

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Sjonnie
15-03-12, 18:10
Hi Martin68,

I could not get yaDIS to scrape so I had a look at the info available at theTVDB.com. Only difference I could find with TV shows that scrape fine (for me) is that there is a TV Show banner missing.

Could you add a simple banner to the entry in TVDB and see if that works. I know it is unlikely that it does the trick but it can't hurt to try;)

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
15-03-12, 20:17
Hi Sjonnie,

fist i have t othank you again - your test have prevented me from beeing depressed, cause no one seems to be able to reconstruct my results ... you made my day :D

Ive added a banner - quick and dirty - and have the same effekt. Seems that only Fred could check this out, but he didnt even react on my personal message :-|

Du you have a better connection ? ...

a nice day / night or whatever you have now ...

bye

Martin

Sjonnie
16-03-12, 19:49
Hi Martin68,

I'd wish I had a better relation with Fred-L ;) But then again...I might only distract him with all my personal futile things. Yours seems to be more serious so we can just hope he will find some time. I will do some thinking and testing this weekend (although I am rather busy with work this weekend) to see if I can come up with something.

Maybe I can find some "dirty" workaround like downloading the episode pictures and creating an xml file to put in the data folder. That's basically what yaDIS does for you when you scrape. The images are created at export so we can trick yaDIS in exporting Dokor Martin as well (I think....).

Let me do some testing and I will let you know.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Martin68
17-03-12, 08:49
Hi Martin68,

I'd wish I had a better relation with Fred-L ;) But then again...I might only distract him with all my personal futile things. Yours seems to be more serious so we can just hope he will find some time. I will do some thinking and testing this weekend (although I am rather busy with work this weekend) to see if I can come up with something.

Maybe I can find some "dirty" workaround like downloading the episode pictures and creating an xml file to put in the data folder. That's basically what yaDIS does for you when you scrape. The images are created at export so we can trick yaDIS in exporting Dokor Martin as well (I think....).

Let me do some testing and I will let you know.

Greetz,

Sjonnie

Wouldnt it be possible to manually select any other series and then modify the created series-info manually ? I have some basic informations about xml and basic experiences with html...

bye

Martin

Sjonnie
17-03-12, 14:03
Hi Martin68,

That was what I had in mind. I thought I'd download the graphics and episode information and create the necessary files in the data folder under Doktor Martin. I am a bit pressed for time today but maybe I can find some time tomorrow.

Greetz,

Sjonnie