PDA

View Full Version : Dune TV-301 HD audio playback problems

Stoke192
21-04-12, 00:33
HI,
I recently bought a TV-301 and i'm having HD audio play back problems both DTS MA and True HD are dropping out during play back.
This happens with both blu ray (folder structure) and single .m2ts files played from over a G/bit lan and also of the installed HDD.

Any other 301 owners having the same problems ? and also will upgrading to the latest beta firmware (currently on shipped firmware) sort this problem out ?.

I also own a HDX 1000 and all my files play without any probs, is it the 301 is very picky in what it plays or is there some thing else wrong ?

Thanks

Wurst
21-04-12, 19:41
I had a 301a here to test it.

TrueHD 5.1 Files played only as 2.0 Stereo.
DTS-HD MA files had drop outs and the input signal of my yamaha AVR was flickering.

Stoke192
21-04-12, 21:54
Thanks for the reply,

I've done a few more tests and playing the core tracks over hdmi work fine, so rules out problematic files.

A HD audio problem it is then.

Anyone else ??

supermario11
22-04-12, 16:50
I've had the same problem with the Dune hd max and as was said this only happens with DTS master audio and Dolby tru-hd. Normal dolby digital and DTS like on DVD are fine. I thought (hope) it might be a firmware issue and it might corrected on the next firmware update, but some people say it's not a firmware issue.

Stoke192
22-04-12, 21:57
but some people say it's not a firmware issue.

Hi,
So your saying that it could be a hardware issue, can you elaborate ?

Thanks

supermario11
23-04-12, 20:57
I've read else where on these forums where someone had the same problem and back dated to an earlier firmware and said that the problem was corrected. But i'm not suggesting that you do that but, check your settings from the dune to your av amp. Rudik28 from another forum suggested that i should have the dune set to PCM (decode) from bitstream. I 've just tried that but now it plays in pro-logic, which to me is not proper surround sound. Does anyone know what the S/PDIF sample rate should be set to ? And by altering this would that make any difference ?

Kat-CeDe
23-04-12, 21:20
Hi,
the dune set to PCM (decode) from bitstream. I 've just tried that but now it plays in pro-logic, which to me is not proper surround sound.
it depends. I have the Prime 3 and when I set my Dune to PCM I also get pro logic but this is because my receiver makes 7.1 out of 5.1 and this is also done with pro logic. How is you Dune connected to your AVR? Multichannel PCM only works with HDMI. When the connection is SPDIF it is only stereo but can be up to 192KHz.

Ralf

supermario11
23-04-12, 22:01
The dune is connected to a Naim Audio AV2 processor an old but good processor so it doesn't have any hdmi's. It is connected with a digital coax cable and this set up was used to set a high end Denon blu-ray machine and there was never any problems with any audio drop outs.

Pras1011
10-07-12, 21:31
Is there any updates on this as I have the same problem with the latest firmware.

hazzad
16-07-12, 13:31
Are you running with gigabit switch and streaming from your network? If so try a 100 Mbit switch of switch the streaming source back to 100 Mbit. I found a gigabit switch caused audio drop outs with my Prime. Switched my PC back to 100 Mbit and issue dissapeared. Have since found that adjusting flow control on the NIC on my streaming source has resolved the issue.

Pras1011
16-07-12, 19:19
To eliminate the network I copied the bluray iso to a internal hdd and the audio dropped at exactly the same place as when networked.

Stoke192
21-07-12, 20:50
Apparently, It's been aknowleged by Dune as a problem now (so i've read on AVF UK) it's supposed to be getting sorted in the next Firmware release, but it's been a long time comming, so i wouldn't hold your breath :D

Shame really, as it would be a good player if it wasn't for that.

Cheers

my-HTPC
22-07-12, 00:07
I keep getting told things are fixed in the next firmware release (none beta) - mostly the dts issues. I have been told the approx release date and the reasons behind the delay (it was supposed to be end of June). I can't say when this release will occur (though I do know the date :)). I'd really like to confirm they are in there but I'm not privvy to the release, I can only convey what I've been told by the guys in Germany.

Stoke192
22-07-12, 22:08
Thanks for the info Graham, Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later :)

asso2002
01-08-12, 23:06
HI,
I recently bought a TV-301 and i'm having HD audio play back problems both DTS MA and True HD are dropping out during play back.
This happens with both blu ray (folder structure) and single .m2ts files played from over a G/bit lan and also of the installed HDD.

Any other 301 owners having the same problems ? and also will upgrading to the latest beta firmware (currently on shipped firmware) sort this problem out ?.

I also own a HDX 1000 and all my files play without any probs, is it the 301 is very picky in what it plays or is there some thing else wrong ?

Thanks
hello STOKE192.

if you compare the Dune HD Duo for example with the TV-301 then you get the following:

The TV101 and 301 cant play DTS-HD Master. You can see it on the Dune-HD.com page.

Andi

dbone1026
02-08-12, 20:35
Yes, this is a know issue with the Sigma 8670 chip (same issue with the Popbox v8).

I just posted my review:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2012/08/02/review-dune-hd-tv-301/