PDA

View Full Version : Problem with subtitles on mkv's

elpepetoni
21-05-12, 14:36
I am an owner of a dune B1. In the movies with subtitles some fragments or phrases of the dialogues do not appear on screen. I have proved it in the PC (mpchc) and it works quite correctly (all the entire subtitles appear). :confused:

calahan
21-05-12, 14:41
I am an owner of a dune B1. In the movies with subtitles some fragments or phrases of the dialogues do not appear on screen. I have proved it in the PC (mpchc) and it works quite correctly (all the entire subtitles appear). :confused:

Dune setup-->Playback-->Subtitle--> Try different settings;)

elpepetoni
21-05-12, 19:21
I've tried but it don't work fine.

Thieutje
22-05-12, 11:21
Are you streaming through NFS?, because if that is the case, subtitles won't work if they exist as a seperate file next to your video file. You need to embed your subtitles into your videofile with mkvmerge GUI.

Stella52
25-05-12, 18:19
hi guys

What do you mean with NFS?

I have the same problem, my dune B1 won't show any subtitels. I'm playing the files with the network browser.

My srt file is the same name as the mkv file, in the same map.

twol
26-05-12, 11:48
hi guys

What do you mean with NFS?

I have the same problem, my dune B1 won't show any subtitels. I'm playing the files with the network browser.

My srt file is the same name as the mkv file, in the same map.
unless I am missing something, your mkv file must include the subtitles not in a separate file.

How do you produce the mkv? Makemkv will handle this

elpepetoni
26-05-12, 14:36
Are you streaming through NFS?, because if that is the case, subtitles won't work if they exist as a seperate file next to your video file. You need to embed your subtitles into your videofile with mkvmerge GUI.
copy and paste with mediainfo:

ID : 4
Formato : PGS
Modo Muxing : zlib
ID Códec : S_HDMV/PGS
ID Códec/Info : The same subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Idioma : Español
Default : Si
Forced : No

Mad_Mate
27-05-12, 05:17
I have same problem with some PGS subtitles in MKVs. On PC it plays nice, but in Dune some lines are missing. I tried converting them in different resolutions and muxing them without zlib, but nothing helped.
Only solution that did worked is to convert PGS with BDSup2Sub into SUB/IDX PAL or NTSC size. But now subtitles look much worse and I don't like it.
I hope Dune people fix this in next firmware.

pavelpt
28-05-12, 00:57
I confirm it. Some lines are missing.

Mad_Mate
15-09-13, 05:29
Is there any new solution for this problem?
Thanks!