PDA

View Full Version : Music Jukebox on yaDIS

kolobos
29-07-12, 22:37
Not sure if this is something that can be achieved but it would be great if yaDIS could perform the same functions for music albums as it does for movies. Scraping album covers and displaying info.

I've only had my Dune D1 for a week so not sure what is available etc.

Steve.

Gennoise
29-07-12, 23:10
Musicnizer (http://www.musicnizer.com/) will do that for you, but it comes with a price tag. It is also available for free, but that's nowhere near as good because of limitations.

calahan
30-07-12, 11:11
Musicnizer (http://www.musicnizer.com/) will do that for you, but it comes with a price tag. It is also available for free, but that's nowhere near as good because of limitations.

I had Musicnizer and its a horrible Scraper,no comparison to Yadis.
The limitations are 20 Albums.
In my Case i prefer to use for Music the Dune Interface until Yadis comes with
a Music Scrape Engine.

greets calahan

slowpoke
30-07-12, 17:12
As an alternative (albeit a bit time-consuming), you can use a program called AudioMuxer to make mkv files of your albums, with album art or anything else as the background. YaDis will read these with no problem, and you can make a separate category for Music. I do this mainly with my 5.1 DVD-As and SACDs, but it would work with any standard audio source to create an album.

Mr Eric
30-07-12, 17:33
wow, that could be a nice turnaround solution...

Can you tell us what is the final result on the dune ? i guess that you created each entry manually (adding "audio genres" for example), then adding the audio albums to an "audio" selection. What happens once you launch an album with yadis ?

crimpy
30-07-12, 20:29
As an alternative (albeit a bit time-consuming), you can use a program called AudioMuxer to make mkv files of your albums, with album art or anything else as the background. YaDis will read these with no problem, and you can make a separate category for Music. I do this mainly with my 5.1 DVD-As and SACDs, but it would work with any standard audio source to create an album.

nice idea...thanks.

kolobos
31-07-12, 20:24

I'm learning new information each day, thank you.

Steve.

slowpoke
02-08-12, 19:26
wow, that could be a nice turnaround solution...

Can you tell us what is the final result on the dune ? i guess that you created each entry manually (adding "audio genres" for example), then adding the audio albums to an "audio" selection. What happens once you launch an album with yadis ?

Right, each album has to be manually entered, and you can easily add the cover art and background. Most often you can find something on wikipedia or amazon to copy/paste and use as the description text.

How one organizes the music is up to one's tastes. I currently keep all music/concert videos plus the audio album files categorized simply as Music, and added a Music menu to the Yadis home page, from where I can access the collection. As my collection grows, I might separate music videos from the audio files, and of course one could further add custom genres and such, but for now everything is fine as is.

The end result on the Dune looks like any other entry, if I am not too lazy to search backgrounds and texts to use. Playback is the same as any other mkv file, just I made the mkvs in AudioMuxer to display album cover art, with the song title, but with that program you can use a different photo per each track if you want, and have additional information displayed.

The program does add chapters but without the song titles, so those are added using the chapter editor in mkvmerge. As I wrote, it's a bit time-consuming, more or less so depending how picky you are, but the end result is very satisfactory and functional.

sneferu
03-08-12, 01:31
So you got it working? I just did a sample of 2 flac files, and its seemed to mux, but it is silent for the 2nd file. The title changes from 1 to 2 at he corect time, but silence?

any ideas?

slowpoke
03-08-12, 23:04
So you got it working? I just did a sample of 2 flac files, and its seemed to mux, but it is silent for the 2nd file. The title changes from 1 to 2 at he corect time, but silence?

any ideas?

Until now I didn't try it with flac as the audio, but it works flawlessly with DTS, AC3, and 88.2 KHz/24-bit WAV files. Every resulting mkv file plays on the Dune without a hitch.

I just now tried a mux using flac (also 88.2/24). The resulting mkv plays fine on my PC, but on the Dune it locks up when I jump to the next track. You didn't say whether your problem was on PC or Dune or both, but based on this attempt I would guess Dune does not like mkvs with flac audio, or at least does not like them as created by this program.