View Full Version : Give us your opinion on Companies!
MPC is trying to be original again.
You know how people tend to define theirlives for next year, what they
would do different? Maybe a good idea to see what we geel companies we
bought a player from over the last two years should do different!
Send in your comments about the brand of a player you own and let us
know what you think they should change in 2007 and we'll write new year
letters to them about your feedback and release the same letters right
here on MPC for you to read too...
So... Let's have it :-)
KiSS, TViX, Synology, Trans-Gear, Snazio, DivX inc... you name it...
Zensonic Z500 (listed in order of impotence to me :) ) :
1. Better USB compatibility.
2. Multilang subtitels support.
3. Multilang filenames and FreeDB data display support.
4. Better stability (hope new firmware will do this).
5. Faster wake up time from standby (currently does full boot).
6. Clock in stand by mode (NTP?).
7. Ability to enter WebRadio URLS manually.
8. Search work and work correctly for all file types.
9. SCART RGB working :)
10. "Bookmarks" when playing files not just DVDs (rewsume from last position).
11. Finalize WPA support (introduced in 1.5 beta but works poorly).
12. Finalize Nero digital support.
13. Implement long promised matroska support.
14. Ability to see filelist during movie playback (works now) but then return to playing the movie.
15. Some fast way to navigate folder with a lot of files (like on KiSS there is left/right arrows that move by "page" ).
Well I really like the HW. I know a lot of people hate this player, I don't
But of cause there is a lot left to wish for yet:
* Two tuners
* Faster processor
* Open source code
* More resources to the software department, so they can finish the thing
* EPG that includes all Danish channels
In the SW the list is long. Here is a few:
* Debuged the fault that chraps in the HD's free space table
* Automatic shift to summertime
* Password protected services
* Editing functions
For any device ever seen before
(and in addition to LK's and sr's list)
- Faster ethernet-support (100Mbit/1GBits)
- Much better mp3 support (full ID3-Support, incl. Covers, FF/RW on single songs)
- Better integration for EPG and recording (like saving the movie-description and other informations, automatically adding the movie-lenght etc.)
The brand is not important for me. But functionality and a very high WAF should be the target for all the companies!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.