Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 87,840
Threads: 29,618
Welcome to our newest member, boboy20id
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors
MPC Club Community Board

MPC Club Community Board (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/forum.php)
-   News Articles and Discussions (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24942)

Hi-Jack 23-08-10 18:26

NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner

2 Attachment(s)
Just now we figured DViCo has taken the lead and made a great jump forward by adding a "watch and record" mechanism to their Dual DVB-T M-6600 media player something else pops up. The price of DviCo M-6600 became bearable by the latest firmware updates and it's style of integrating it's own menu system did count for a lot of our appreciation but watch and behold as the competition is lurking around the corner with the HDIUM that comes along delivering the same for €179.95... How it works must be tested but at least for the retail price on the EU market, our interest is triggered.

The HDIUM DUO is based on the Realtek 1283DD+ chip, the unit is capable of TrueHD and DTSHD bit stream (added in September by firmware) and can pause TV (time shift) up to 4 hours, record and watch different channels however we are unsure if the HDIUM can play files stored locally or on the network during recording or start schedules while playback is in progress. According to HDIUM this should be working but let's be careful anyway and test it out first :-)

Even though the specifications list HDMI 1.4 cable in the box, the unit is based on HDMI 1.3 and has optional wireless N beside a regular network interface. Now for the major difference, the HDIUM model comes with the dual DVB-T tuner already integrated and is not optional as is the case with DViCo so if record and watch is remotely possible, DViCo is facing though competition as also the firmware is "customized" taking the player away from stock "realtek" looks and feel... The design isn't bad either by the way...

For now, It's mere words we can bring you but sooner or later, the HDIUM DUO lies in front of me and we'll be playing around with it to see how good it actually is...

http://www.hdium.com/index.php

Player soon available from Spanish store: http://www.zococity.es and from HDIUM Web Site for Australia. Other countries will be covered soon...

OzSteve 24-08-10 03:00

Re: NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner

While it looks awesome, I'd like to see Gigabit ethernet with the newer chipset.
Also the specs say HDMI 1.3, yet the description says 1.4 ??

I look forward to a review

HDium_team 24-08-10 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzSteve (Post 198165)
While it looks awesome, I'd like to see Gigabit ethernet with the newer chipset.
Also the specs say HDMI 1.3, yet the description says 1.4 ??

I look forward to a review

We are changing the description to avoid any confussion. The port is 1.3, the cable included is 1.4. The point was to include the fact that a HDMI cable is included on the package as a good number of players selling in Australia don't even include one.., and as a bit of fun add the specification of the cable included which is HDMI 1.4.

A unit will be shipped within days to MPCCLUB so hopefully there will be a review.

OzSteve 24-08-10 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDium_team (Post 198172)

A unit will be shipped within days to MPCCLUB so hopefully there will be a review.

I'm in Oz and I'd be glad to review one for you :p I've owned a few media players and I'm always on the lookout for a newer/Better player.

How does the unit work with fanart and cover art ? PM me if you want to take it off the forum.

Be VERY interested

Steve

HDium_team 24-08-10 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzSteve (Post 198174)
I'm in Oz and I'd be glad to review one for you :p I've owned a few media players and I'm always on the lookout for a newer/Better player.

How does the unit work with fanart and cover art ? PM me if you want to take it off the forum.

Be VERY interested

Steve

Hi Steve, PM on its way ;-)

Cover art support is a priority, it being worked on at the moment. We are planning to take it further and put resources into adding support for a more sophisticated system (the types of YAMJ). But that is still in the planning stage.

We are very keen in getting user reviews. Also reviews wise, for those wondering we are going to get a number of reviews on a good number of quality publications. Australian PC user magazine (the leading tech magazine here) will be one of them.

OzSteve 24-08-10 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDium_team (Post 198176)
We are very keen in getting user reviews. Also reviews wise, for those wondering we are going to get a number of reviews on a good number of quality publications. Australian PC user magazine (the leading tech magazine here) will be one of them.

For me, user reviews are far superior than magazines, I've seen the Dvico 6600 get trashed by a magazine yet I love mine. Sure it's not the best but I like the way it does what it does. And some are biased more than others towards a certain company (say WD)

I'd like to see a 'Top Gear' type review done :p

A friend of mine bought a 6600 after seeing mine (and saying 'of you got that crappy box') but after him seeing it and having a play he loved it too :cool:

deathtoall 24-08-10 11:25

Looks good . looking for a new player , will have to wait and see what the review has to say. nice to see an oz maker from WA :). Price is right now it just needs to work :)

Starwarp 24-08-10 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDium_team (Post 198176)
Hi Steve, PM on its way ;-)

Cover art support is a priority, it being worked on at the moment. We are planning to take it further and put resources into adding support for a more sophisticated system (the types of YAMJ). But that is still in the planning stage.

Is your company new in mediaplayers ?
while all models without a friendly menu like yamj or zappiti or other are no complete mediaplayers. I dont need a busy screenshow with DOS boxes like in the 1980 years.

And a customizable menu is also good

Chocobro 24-08-10 21:15

HDium_team

I am quite interested in your product and am patiently awaiting Hi-Jack's review of it.

I am user from the U.S.A. I look forward to something like this that might give me a respectable and stable alternative to the TVIX. Most especially if I am able to use the Tuner's in the U.S, have mature music and photo display features and stable network connectivity with strong wireless options.

If the TVIX is considered your closest competitor feature wise... I ask that you have someone review some of the frustrations people have had with it on these forums. You might find a list of issues and requests worthy of consideration in your product. Please also not the things that people appreciated.

Thank You,
Chocobro.

aza 25-08-10 00:35

Interesting.

Hi HDium team, I have been a avid beyonwiz user for many years, they make a BRILLIANT pvr but fail ( due to old hardware ) as a media player.

Will you be supporting icetv?

http://www.icetv.com.au/

If you can come close to performing as well the beyonwiz as a pvr and close to the DUNE 3 as far as media player is concerned and support ice tv I will buy three. Probably more.

However I have been waiting for firmware updates for promises made for too long so I will hold off on my purchase until the feature's I need are working.

Thanks for giving it a go and good luck - I will be watching with anticipation.

Please keep us informed!

Aaron