Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Community Development > Community Development!! > TViXie » TVIXIE : a GUI builder for TViX, NMT (Popcorn Hour, etc...) and WD TV HD Player

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 87,966
Threads: 29,692
Welcome to our newest member, tua_kee
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 08-01-10, 12:50   #21
oscar

Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.06%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: TVIXIE : a GUI builder for TViX, NMT (Popcorn Hour, etc...) and WD TV HD Player

Remove any subfolder you have inside your movie folder name.
ex: sample
oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:28   #22
poeskat
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Default Re: TVIXIE : a GUI builder for TViX, NMT (Popcorn Hour, etc...) and WD TV HD Player

I had some folders where indeed subfolders were present. But in some weren't. I'm beginning to suspect it's a bug in the programm, in combination with a TVIX M-6600A? In some way the M-6600A has to be told how to read the TVIXIE-files that are certainly there in my folders, as I have checked. The mediaplayer has to combine those TVIXIE-files to a menu known as a template. Maybe it's a template error. I have chosen the standard template (Swedish) since the other preview of the template doesn't show a cover of a DVD.

I'm beginning to feel alone, with this problem, since I only found one guy elsewhere on a forum, who had exact the same problem with the same version of TVIXIE and the same mediaplayer, who was ultimately directed to this forum, because no one could help him.
poeskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 13:37   #23
coolstream

Expert Member

Contribution: 0.71%

Originally Posted by poeskat View Post
I had some folders where indeed subfolders were present. But in some weren't. I'm beginning to suspect it's a bug in the programm, in combination with a TVIX M-6600A? In some way the M-6600A has to be told how to read the TVIXIE-files that are certainly there in my folders, as I have checked. The mediaplayer has to combine those TVIXIE-files to a menu known as a template. Maybe it's a template error. I have chosen the standard template (Swedish) since the other preview of the template doesn't show a cover of a DVD.

I'm beginning to feel alone, with this problem, since I only found one guy elsewhere on a forum, who had exact the same problem with the same version of TVIXIE and the same mediaplayer, who was ultimately directed to this forum, because no one could help him.
Hi poeskat, I'm from the TViXiE team and have been giving support to 6600 users even though I don't have a 6600 myself (I have 6500). The principle for applying coverart is basically the same. In the manual for TViXiE that I am writing for release soon, I have included a section on 6600 based on feedback from DViCo and users. I am confident that I can help you with your problem.

Before I begin, can I ask you to pop over to the TViXiE forum and also take a look in the 6600 section that I started recently. This might give you the assistance you require. If not, please either contact me or continue this thread or another at TViXiE forum and I'm sure I will have you up and running soon.

I am also able to give assistance and support online via Skype for which I would ask you to make a donation on the TviXiE site.
coolstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 19:49   #24
poeskat
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Thanks for this great intention to assist me with my problem!!

I have looked at the threads in the M-6600 forum of TVIXIE yesterday, but nothing could help me. I will look again. I have placed my question under bugs-thread for the M-6600.

Off course I will come back to this thread at mpcclub to deliver the solution for my problem. Patience (with computers) is a gift!!!
Old 09-01-10, 20:32   #25
poeskat
Premium Potential
Almost Active

I've found the solution. I shared the wrong folder. Why is it that if you find the solution to such a problem, you're feeling as dumb as a monkeys ass.

First I saw that the folder where my MOVIE folder was, didn't have an icon.tvix file. I copied it from the moviefolder to the preceding folder, but this didn't solve the problem, of seeing no movieinfo etc.

Then I reread replies from people, and realised that with sharing with NETSHARE (software deliverd by TVIX M-6600A) I shared the MOVIE-folder, but NOT the folder where my MOVIE-folder was in. So the problem was not TVIXIE, but NETSHARE and the instruction that comes with it, that should be rewritten around sharing folders, if you take my meaning.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I am a happy man
Old 06-08-10, 22:33   #26
Hambo
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Cool Re: TVIXIE : a GUI builder for TViX, NMT (Popcorn Hour, etc...) and WD TV HD Player

Hello Everybody

Here is a good GUI builder for TViX, Popcorn Hour, etc...

http://www.mymovies.dk/home.aspx
Hambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 17:17   #27
ilmanu
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Default Tvixie music

Hy guys, I help because I could not find anything in almost 3 hours of research, how can I optimize my tvix to retrieve cover images and music? I just like CDON.SE provider that does not find anything, I can not even find out how and if you can update table provider.
No problem with the film is perfect, but with the songs is a disaster ...
Something wrong? Help me please.
Thanks
Manu
ilmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 00:59   #28
AfoAfo
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.03%

@ilmanu

Unfortunately the music part of TVixie is underdeveloped and not really functioning at the moment.

I have heard a lot of good about ThumbGen though I only just installed it and a selection of templates and did not yet put it to test. It was not specifically designed for TViX models so you may to have transform by yourself its output into folder.png files (200*200) for directory icons and tvix.jpg files (1280*720) for background cover art.

In case you would look for ideas, up to now I have been using with satisfying results a combination of music library software for metadata and tagging (media monkey and more recently foobar2000, but others such as winamp and wmp have their merits too) and AlbumArtDownloader for more cover art.

Cheers

Last edited by AfoAfo; 06-01-11 at 01:17.
AfoAfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-11, 12:54   #29
Ernie007

Contribution: 0.01%

Hi

I am currently using Tvixie and I really like it, no problem with folder structures. I am however curious how to manually add covers for those movies or series that cannot be found in iMDB.

What I did is downloading the pictures, placing them in the right folder and renaming them into folder.jpg. Subsequently when I start Tvixie and load all the movie folders I can see all the manually added pictures, but when I browse through my TViX 6500 on TV I cannot see them. What is wrong?

I build in a 2 TB HDD and am not using a NFS
Ernie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-12, 16:05   #30
tupham
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Does Tvixie work for the AStone MP 310DT?

I currently have the Dvico Tvix 6640N and want to get a 2nd media player at minimal cost. The Astone's give you incredible bang for your bucks but if it can't view the Tvixie images ten I don't want it.

I know it is compatible with WDTV and the popcorn hour but havent seen the Astone mentioned anywhere.
tupham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gui builder, popcorn, provider, tvix, tvixie