Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > Media Players anno 2012 > HDI Dune » USB HDD shows up empty

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,115
Threads: 29,720
Welcome to our newest member, aquakool
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 21-03-12, 01:23   #1
testy
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default USB HDD shows up empty

Hi,

I bought the HD Smart H1 a few days ago and ran into a few problems that I hope those more familiar with this streamer may be able to answer. My most recent and most serious problem is that the WD Elements 1TB USB drive suddenly shows up empty when the H1 had no problem copying files from it to the internal HDD yesterday. There are more than 100 files on this drive (verified under Windows and OSX), yet when I plug it in none are shown. I tried a reboot; a refresh and even tried to downgrade back to the last stable firmware. This last turned out to be impossible because this software was "incompatible with hardware revision 219" (I might be wrong about the number). How can the last stable version of the software be incompatible with a brand new streamer? Anyway, nothing worked. Any ideas?

My other two problems are (1) gapless playback of flac files. I was told this was supported, but it looks like it isn't. (2) I have inserted a 3 TB internal HDD (Ext3 formatted), but the disk will not spin down when the H1 is on; only in stand-by does it power down, but as soon as it is approached via the network, it starts again (while the H1 remains in stand-by) and then does not spin down at all anymore, unless I start the H1 and then put it in stand-by mode again. That is a lot of effort for something that should be automatic.
testy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 21-03-12, 23:34   #2
WinShare Manager
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium

Contribution: 0.01%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: USB HDD shows up empty

Originally Posted by testy View Post
Hi,

I bought the HD Smart H1 a few days ago and ran into a few problems that I hope those more familiar with this streamer may be able to answer. My most recent and most serious problem is that the WD Elements 1TB USB drive suddenly shows up empty when the H1 had no problem copying files from it to the internal HDD yesterday. There are more than 100 files on this drive (verified under Windows and OSX), yet when I plug it in none are shown. I tried a reboot; a refresh and even tried to downgrade back to the last stable firmware. This last turned out to be impossible because this software was "incompatible with hardware revision 219" (I might be wrong about the number). How can the last stable version of the software be incompatible with a brand new streamer? Anyway, nothing worked. Any ideas?

My other two problems are (1) gapless playback of flac files. I was told this was supported, but it looks like it isn't. (2) I have inserted a 3 TB internal HDD (Ext3 formatted), but the disk will not spin down when the H1 is on; only in stand-by does it power down, but as soon as it is approached via the network, it starts again (while the H1 remains in stand-by) and then does not spin down at all anymore, unless I start the H1 and then put it in stand-by mode again. That is a lot of effort for something that should be automatic.
Think you mean ERROR29, in that case call the store for a repair there is a hardware issue on your dune. Its a indication some functions are not working anymore on the board.

Share your folders with almost any devive within seconds! and 100% free use!
WinShare Manager is offline   Reply With Quote