Dear K100 and K200 users,
Recently some of users write to our support asking for resolution of firmware upgrade failure. Here copy the steps here for your quick reference.
Recover from firmware update failure for NMT K100 and K200--
1. Download the Recovery file from http://www.kaiboerhd.com/download.asp
2. Unzip both up5fw2TP.bin and boot-image.bin onto the ROOT of a USB thumbdrive and plug into K100/K200.
3. Connect by Component or Composite cable to your TV.
4. Power up the unit.
5. Wait for 3-5 minutes, then the Component or Composite video will display following colours depending on its recovery status:
RED - Required binaries on USB thumbdrive detected, starts recovery
WHITE DOTs - reprogramming
WHITE - Recovery success
( YELLOW - Recovery failed )
6. When you can see the white screen on TV, it means recovery is successful. Then you can reboot the K100/K200 manually, the firmware version on the unit now is 090204.
1. The whole recovery procedure will need about 10 minutes.
2. You need unzip both up5fw2TP.bin and boot-image.bin onto the ROOT of a USB thumbdrive, don't put the files to any folder.
3. If you don't have a Component or Composite cable, you could just plug the USB thumbdrive into K100/K200 and turn on the unit, wait for about 15 minutes, then reboot the K100/K200 manually, it should work as well.
For more product information, please refer to our website FAQ section.