Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > PVR and DVR > PVR and DVR General > Ellion HMR-700A » New firmware update from Ellion (supposedly) available

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,218
Threads: 29,729
Welcome to our newest member, khukhooo
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 18-03-09, 13:56   #11
svcglobal
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.03%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Originally Posted by fmconion
Originally Posted by svcglobal
Another two issues:
1) the main menu projected on HDMI is shifted many lines up on top, so for instance when you are on setup you can't see exactly which parameter window are you using.
2) on composite video there are no colors and a strong interference is added to the image, like my TV did not recognized which system are output from Ellion.

Oh well, what to expect from a prototype...
I don't have these problems.
I tested it for about an hour after upgrading and I think I'd notice them.

1) The menu wasn't shifted in both HDMI and Component and was the same that previous firmware.
I tried both 1080i @ 50Hz and 1080i @ 60Hz with the same result.

2) I used it in Composite after the upgrading phase until I set the Component out: the colors were there and there was no interference.

Did you try to reboot through the back switch?
Which color system your TV is using? My TV is capable to sync NTSC and PAL-M, probably two systems that Ellion forgot to test.
svcglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09, 16:20   #12
fmconion
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.02%

Another two issues:
1) the main menu projected on HDMI is shifted many lines up on top, so for instance when you are on setup you can't see exactly which parameter window are you using.
2) on composite video there are no colors and a strong interference is added to the image, like my TV did not recognized which system are output from Ellion.

I don't have these problems.
I tested it for about an hour after upgrading and I think I'd notice them.

1) The menu wasn't shifted in both HDMI and Component and was the same that previous firmware.
I tried both 1080i @ 50Hz and 1080i @ 60Hz with the same result.

2) I used it in Composite after the upgrading phase until I set the Component out: the colors were there and there was no interference.

Did you try to reboot through the back switch?
Which color system your TV is using? My TV is capable to sync NTSC and PAL-M, probably two systems that Ellion forgot to test.
My TV supports both NTSC and PAL, but I don't which PAL subsystems, because it's not reported in the manual.
The previous model of the same brand supports PAL B/G-D/K-I-N-M.

I didn't try NTSC on Composite, but I can check it later if you wish
fmconion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-09, 17:19   #13
MikeRG
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%

Hi All..
Ive been using the Ellion HMR700a for some time now, but only found this forum today.
I must admit, I don't use all of its facilities like many other members, but for what I use it for, I think it's a good bit of kit..

At present, we record to an external USB hard drive, edit the footage on my main PC and then save them as DIVX HD movies to a Dedicated hard drive on a networked PC. The movies are then accessed directly from the HMR700a, via the network.

I had quite a problem downloading the March 16 2009 firmware, it took ages to download and then saved as the wrong filename.
I eventually managed the download, and updated the 700a without further incident.

If anyone else is having problems downloading the latest firmware, especially in the UK, I have uploaded it to to;-
http://www.marmic.co.uk/A328AP_S1001_090316a.zip
I hope this is of some assistance.

The only problem I have is with loosing sound. After fast forwarding or anything that messes with the viewing speed, the next time a movie is selected, there is no sound. This is restored after a soft re-boot.
Sound is via SPDIF RAW, into a home cinema amplifier, which works fine with all other inputs.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Regards to all,
~Mike~
MikeRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-09, 18:09   #14
svcglobal
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Another two issues:

update: fixed my problem after a full format of my 500GB HD. Forced to lost everything but now I can see full sized menus.
Old 27-03-09, 19:24   #15
Stu
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Default MOVIE PREVIEW On/Off

One comment re the "MOVIE PREVIEW On/Off" in the 090313 firmware. It only works (disables) for media played from the HDD, USB or Network. If you play media recorded from DVB-T or the Scart input it still pauses while preparing the thumbnail on the left hand side then shows the preview on the right when you select it.

It would be nice if this option disabled the DVB-T / Scart preview as well.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-09, 23:00   #16
fmconion
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.02%

Just upgraded.

The movie preview was disabled by default and the navigation between files is faster in this way.

I was able to successfully shut down the Ellion after mounting the hd through NDAS (without unmount) without hanging.
I tried only a couple of times though.

I hope this problem has been fixed (as it seems) and I hope it's the same problem that causes the invisible-files-after-copy-until-reboot issue, so it'll be fixed too.

I'll check it tomorrow.
I checked it out and the invisible-files-after-copy-until-reboot problem is still there
fmconion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-09, 04:50   #17
svcglobal
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Another one released, this time is the A328HP_S1001_090316a_350H.
It is better to download directly from the German site of Elllion
http://www.elliondigital.de
Just follow Support links.
Old 23-05-09, 08:57   #18
MikeRG
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Another one released, this time is the A328HP_S1001_090316a_350H.
It is better to download directly from the German site of Elllion
http://www.elliondigital.de
Just follow Support links.
I don't know about the A328HP_S1001_090316a_350H download but the one for the 700A (A328AP_S1001_090316a_700A(newGUI).zip) is a re-posting of the one that was released in March. The File Dates are the same although the posting dates are different.
Old 24-05-09, 02:12   #19
svcglobal
Premium Potential
Addicted to MPC

Yes, could be but same size or date is not a valid sign of equally machine code, could be just a coincidence.
The only people that have the proper knowledge of that are the Ellion's support engineers and if they call it a new version I think that we must give some credit.
Old 24-05-09, 09:55   #20
MikeRG
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Yes, could be but same size or date is not a valid sign of equally machine code, could be just a coincidence.
The only people that have the proper knowledge of that are the Ellion's support engineers and if they call it a new version I think that we must give some credit.
Sorry if I upset anyone with my post.

As with all firmware flashing, it can be a risky process.
Because this appears to be a renamed version of the 16-03-2009 release on the Ellion global site http://www.elliondigital.com/eng/download02.html I thought my post would save the trauma of an unnecessary flashing session.

Having been a programmer myself for 15 years, I deeply respect the work put into these firmware updates by the support team. I also respect Ellion's efforts to please its users by coding and releasing updated firmware for equipment that has already been sold.

I have carried out binary comparisons on all 4 files that make up the 2 releases and they are indeed pragmatically identical.

The only difference is that the global site lists newGUI (new Graphical User Interface) in the file description and the German site lists it as part of the compressed filename because they do not have a Description Column in their list.

As this was only intended to be a friendly advisory posting, please feel free to ignore it.