johan-s
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tvix 6600 - network disk can't connect

I have a problem with my new Tvix 6600. I can not get it to work and the manual is not much help. I have succesfully been able to set-up the Wi-fi network and I can ping my laptops, however, I have not been able to set-up the network disk. I have tried both SAMBA (I am however uncertain which ID and Password to use here??) and NFS, however, the Tvix only gives me the following error message "Failed to connect the Network Disk!".

My laptops (one is XP and one is Vista) sometime also shows the following error message "Authentication is failed!!! Firts please connect tvix into pc with USB to authenticate". Howver, when I connect the laptops to the Tvix 6600 with USB - the Tvix only displays "connected to Computer" on the Tv Screen and I am not able to make any adjustments on the Tvix. Vista and XP is also not able to identify Tvix when connected through USB (how to solve this? Are there any drivers?).

I have downloaded the latest public firmware 1.8.7 and the lastest version of netshare. I have turned my firewall in Windows off and made an exception for netshare. I want to use my Tvix wireless.

What to do??
johan-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 25-11-09, 08:49   #2
Rog10
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%
Default Re: Tvix 6600 - network disk can't connect

Originally Posted by johan-s View Post
I

My laptops (one is XP and one is Vista) sometime also shows the following error message "Authentication is failed!!! Firts please connect tvix into pc with USB to authenticate". Howver, when I connect the laptops to the Tvix 6600 with USB - the Tvix only displays "connected to Computer" on the Tv Screen and I am not able to make any adjustments on the Tvix. Vista and XP is also not able to identify Tvix when connected through USB (how to solve this? Are there any drivers?).

What to do??
Hi. When connected via USB to PC, it turns into a USB HDD.
I.e. you can not use it as a player when connected to a PC.
For the PC to identify the TVIX, there has to be a HDD installed in the TVIX, and the HDD has to be formatted by the TVIX before you connect.

For the wireless connection, there might be a router setting or firewall setting needed to be changed.
Rog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-09, 08:50   #3
ShadoFF
Premium Potential
Almost Active

may be read FAQ
ShadoFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-09, 19:39   #4
smills
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.07%

Originally Posted by johan-s View Post
I have a problem with my new Tvix 6600. I can not get it to work and the manual is not much help. I have succesfully been able to set-up the Wi-fi network and I can ping my laptops, however, I have not been able to set-up the network disk. I have tried both SAMBA (I am however uncertain which ID and Password to use here??) and NFS, however, the Tvix only gives me the following error message "Failed to connect the Network Disk!".

I have downloaded the latest public firmware 1.8.7 and the latest version of netshare. I have turned my firewall in Windows off and made an exception for netshare. I want to use my Tvix wireless.

What to do??
FYI the latest firmware has nice features you might want. It allows you to "browse" the shares, so you don't need to type / input any share names.
http://demod.dvico.com/Beta/tvix_6600_1.9.1_B5.zip

If you can ping the share then it means you have connectivity, but probably need to get the sharing correct.

If you use netshare you should not need to touch your firewall at all. Just simply install netshare and share folders.

The trick is how TViX uses the NFS shares which is not intuitive and they use "tvixhd1-4" as the share names irrespective of what the actual folder is called on your PC.

Streaming video from PC to Tvix - Using NFS
on PC : Netshare
1. Install "Netshare 2.12" on your PC and select folder to share.
2. Select a share e.g. 1st share is c:\movies (this is called tvixhd1 on TVix)
(2nd share is called tvixhd2 etc)

2a. On Tvix - FW 1.8.7.
select Setup / Network, Under Network disk 1 : select NFS. The 1st share name is "tvixhd1", select NFS, and add ip of PC with Share.

2b. On TVix - FW 1.9.1.b5
select Setup / Network, Under Network disk 1 : select NFS and the device will browse for the shares. Select "tvixhd1/" as the 1st share (which is actually c:\movies on your PC)

(Note: the PC share name doesn't have to be called tvixhd1, what's important is the sequence. 1st share = tvixhd1 etc)

If it doesn't connect. Restart NFSshare on PC and reconnect the TVix to the network by DHCP IP discovery and that should sync up the network shares.

Hope this helps.
smills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 14:01   #5
Meflin
Premium Potential

I have exactly the same problem. I've installed the 1.9.1.b5 firmware now, but it doesnt make any difference...

Restarting netshare, reconnecting the tvix, rebooting, connecting it via USB as demanded, nothing helps. As soon as I try to connect to the NFS share from the Tvix I get this annoying message on my PC (generated by Netshare):

Code:
---------------------------
Information
Authentication is failed!!!. First please connect TViX into PC with USB cable to be authenticated
OK   
Does anybody have a working solution?
Meflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 20:29   #6
smills
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Originally Posted by Meflin View Post

Does anybody have a working solution?
My Solution !

Started with wireless - since its WiFi enabled. I couldn't connect to NFS with wireless and I tried everything... I tried Fixed IP / DHCP auto etc nothing.

Then switched to wired. Restarted Netshare, rebooted TViX, rediscovered IP via DHCP (wired) and all of a sudden it worked !

I then switched back to wireless and it all worked.

btw: I still cannot connect to the internet with a fixed IP - so I have now set it to auto (and my settings IP, DNS etc are correct). Also to get wireless working I had to remove all security from my firewall before TViX would connect. Once connected - I added WPA-PSK security back.

The TViX seems to have a "memory", so you may need to establish a hardwired connection (as suggested USB 1st, then Wired, then wireless).

I f#$%ed around with this for 3 days before I got it all to sync up. If you are still stuck - send me a private message and I'll help you out - with videos etc as I know how frustrating this was to get working.
Old 04-12-09, 20:44   #7
Meflin
Premium Potential

Tried it out with the cable of my PC and it actually works without any problems over cable.

The annoying thing is: My Tvix doesn't seem to have a memory. As soon as I switch back to WLAN same problem as mentioned above.

Can't wait until my cable for the Tvix arrives - but with that kind of support they just could have left out the WLAN ^^
Meflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 21:14   #8
smills
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Originally Posted by Meflin View Post
Can't wait until my cable for the Tvix arrives - but with that kind of support they just could have left out the WLAN ^^
IS your TViX in an entertainment center ? Do you have line of sight from the TViX to the Wireless Router/Modem ?

I found the wireless signal is stronger when it's out of the entertainment center. I have a Wii next to the TVix and it has no problems with WLAN. I think the TVix has a poor WLAN to start with and it's shielded too much somehow. I'm tempted to open up the box and find a way to extend the antenna .....

I have abandoned using WLAN and have a unsightly cable running across my living room floor. I plan to purchase Powerline (200MBPS) Adapters to replace the cable.

I should have got the 6600A instead.
Old 08-12-09, 02:32   #9
amendez
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

I seem to be having the same problem, on fw 1.9.1 b5.

Say I change the key (passphrase) on my router (wpa2-psk, tkip). The first time I try to connect my 6600n to the wireless router, it works.
After a reboot, it only detects the SSID, but can't seem to make a connection.

I've resigned to the fact that wireless is useless on the 6600n aswell, and will be moving my entire adsl modem/router next to the tv.

Also the A/V settings seem to not remember that I have chosen 720p 60Hz, either and keeps defaulting to NTSC

Sometimes I wonder about the purchase of this device...
amendez is offline   Reply With Quote