Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Archive > MPC Archive > Archive Ziova and Zensonic » Unable to view Win7 from CS505

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 87,528
Threads: 29,600
Welcome to our newest member, barkhouss
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 29-11-09, 22:25   #1
nnay_07

Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.06%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Unable to view Win7 from CS505

Any idea on how to configure Win7 in order to detect the shared folders from CS505.
How to configure a working group in Win7, to set the name of the working group,......
nnay_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 06-12-09, 12:21   #2
yeeaah
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Default Re: Unable to view Win7 from CS505

I have a Z500 and it seems we are having the same problem.. I can View the computer no problems from the Media Player but i can't view any of the shared folders.. Everything works fine with Vista but i got nothing with Windows 7...

Any help would be awesome!!
yeeaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 22:53   #3
nnay_07

Experienced Member

At least you can view the computer... How and where do you define the workgroup in 7?
Old 13-12-09, 06:40   #4
yeeaah
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Originally Posted by nnay_07 View Post
At least you can view the computer... How and where do you define the workgroup in 7?
I just do it the same way as you do in Vista and XP. I go into the Properties of My Computer and it is located in there..
Old 13-12-09, 18:46   #5
nnay_07

Experienced Member

Great, thanks, I had tries to find it through the network options and couldn't manage to figure out how to get it.
I will let you know if I manage to share something.
Old 20-12-09, 10:17   #6
dkeusch
Premium Potential
Almost Active

hi. could you manage to connect?

i can't

thank you
dkeusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-09, 12:04   #7
yeeaah
Premium Potential
Almost Active

No i have found out from another forum, where someone got in contact with Ziova.. Apparently Windows 7 sends a incompatible smb directory list status field and Ziova won't be releasing a Firmware Update to fix this.. SO it looks like for it to work Microsoft is going to have to change something..

OR i found this and you could try this, but i haven't tried it yet so not sure if it works.

Looks like unless something changes with Windows 7 on MS's side, its never going to work.
With this in mind, I have given up on SMB and instead decided to use NFS file shares from my Windows 7 machine.
I just installed Hanewin NFS server on my Windows 7 machine (Networking Software for Windows) which is shareware. Only free for 30 days, but I'm sure there are other NFS servers about that are probably free if you don't want to pay.
Once installed, I went to the "NFS Server" under Hanewin in the start menu and went to the exports tab. From here, I clicked the "Edit Exports File" button and created my NFS Shares. In my case they were:
e:\Movies -name:Movies -public -readonly
"e:\TV Shows" -name:TV_Shows -public -readonly
e:\MP3 -name:MP3 -public -readonly

(Note: I deleted the example shares).
Once created, I just saved & closed. Then hit the "Restart Server" button. If you got it right, it will show each of the NFS shares in the window. This should be all the configuration you need to do on the Windows 7 machine (I didn't touch any other settings in Hanewin). The program runs as a service, so should start with windows when you boot.

Now on the Ziova CS615, you go into the Setup, then the Network options. Right at the bottom, you can select to add NFS shares. When it prompts you, just put in the IP address of your Windows 7 machine (in my case 192.168.1.1). Then when prompted for the share name, put in one of the ones you have defined on the NFS Server. In my case, the first was Movies. Then add any others (mine were TV_Shows and MP3).

These should now show up on the main menu of the Ziova and you can browse them just like SMB file shares (except it is faster and without the hassle).

I've only just done this, so haven't tested it much yet, but it definitely works so far. I hope this helps some of you guys, as I was about to go and buy a new NMP that is Windows 7 compatible, so this discovery has saved me a few hundred bucks!

One Final note: If you make a mistake and want to delete an NFS share from the Ziova main menu, just highlight it, then press "ALT" and then press "STEP" on the remote.
Old 01-01-10, 15:37   #8
Cyber

Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.02%

hi guys,

this is not a ziova-problem, it's windows-7 related.

look here at a microsoft technet entry where the issue is already analyzed: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...b-c0c882a649b0

I still hope M$ will fix this issue soon, there are several mediaplayers which are affected, not only ziova's ...

but, another possibility: ziova player tries to authenticate with "cs-505" - does anybody know the password which correlates to this user? perhaps it works if - instead of sharing with the guest-account - we set up "cs-505" as user on the computer and set there the correct password ...

I've also asked this question to ziova (--> http://www.ziova.com/forum/index.php...ndpost&p=36108), but it was never answered. ):
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote