Sjetonneke
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium

Contribution: 0.01%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Dune BD Prime 3.0 no connection to network

Hi,
I just go my Dune BD Prime 3.0 two days ago. It plays fine DVD, BD from the disc player and from the USB connected 1,5 Tb HDD. Now I try to connect to my home network. I bought the D-link DWA-140 (B1) USB network adapter. I tried both DHCP and manual IP address, but no (real) connection is realised. The Dune reports "connected", but my Linksys WRT610N router has no client entry in its DHCP client table with the MAC address from the DUNE. My Linksys router has the address: 192.168.1.1, all DHCP clients are in the range 192.168.100 to ...149.
The DUNE shows: (unset), connected, Wifi when I try to DHCP setting for my network. It would be helpful when the DUNE would show the IP address that is given by DHCP.
I try UPNP as network browser (with SMB I only found my USB HDD) then nothing happens. I tried everything multiple times without succes. NB: the light on the Dlink network adapter is blinking as if it really is connected to the network. Sight.... now I don't know of any other thing that I may have done wrong. Oh, I do have the latest firmware installed: dune_firmware_bdprime3_091229_1411_beta.dff.

Most of you succeded in connecting to your network, so it must be something that is wrong in my config. I would appreciate it if someone has some suggestions.

Sjetonneke
Sjetonneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 19-01-10, 08:46   #2
Auke
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0%
Default Re: Dune BD Prime 3.0 no connection to network

Originally Posted by Sjetonneke View Post
Hi,
I just go my Dune BD Prime 3.0 two days ago. It plays fine DVD, BD from the disc player and from the USB connected 1,5 Tb HDD. Now I try to connect to my home network. I bought the D-link DWA-140 (B1) USB network adapter. I tried both DHCP and manual IP address, but no (real) connection is realised. The Dune reports "connected", but my Linksys WRT610N router has no client entry in its DHCP client table with the MAC address from the DUNE. My Linksys router has the address: 192.168.1.1, all DHCP clients are in the range 192.168.100 to ...149.
The DUNE shows: (unset), connected, Wifi when I try to DHCP setting for my network. It would be helpful when the DUNE would show the IP address that is given by DHCP.
I try UPNP as network browser (with SMB I only found my USB HDD) then nothing happens. I tried everything multiple times without succes. NB: the light on the Dlink network adapter is blinking as if it really is connected to the network. Sight.... now I don't know of any other thing that I may have done wrong. Oh, I do have the latest firmware installed: dune_firmware_bdprime3_091229_1411_beta.dff.

Most of you succeded in connecting to your network, so it must be something that is wrong in my config. I would appreciate it if someone has some suggestions.

Sjetonneke
Did you connect the dune on your router to a lan poort or the internet poort, i had the same router no problem at all
Auke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-10, 12:10   #3
MrX_Cuci
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.09%

Forget Upnp. You need to get SMB working in order to play all files. Create a dedicated share in your Dune. Click pop-menu on the remote in the main screen to add your shared directory and fill out that form. It doesn't matter if you see that particular directory in network browser or not. You shared directories on your PC, right?

Other possible cause: http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22212
Your stick is probably newer and not supported yet. They are working on it.
MrX_Cuci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-10, 22:43   #4
Sjetonneke
Premium Potential

I do have a D-LINK DWA-140 ver B1 Wifi adapter. This version is clearly the only supported wifi adapter, sofar. The DUNE say 'connected'. At first I thought this ment that a network connection was established. Now I figured out that 'connected' means the connection between the DUNE and the wifi adapter is made. The light on the adapter also flickers like most network adapter do. However, the adapter does not reach the Linksys router/switch and no IP address is obtained. As far as I know there is no way in the DUNE to see an IP address given by a DHCP server. The only way is to see if a client is present in the routers client DHCP table. So far no DUNE is visible.

I thought we were living in the second decade of the 21th century, but with the DUNE's network capabilities we are way back to the DOS of UNIX child years.
What I expect is a normal wifi network detection. I don't want to enter an SSID and all the other stuff. Why doesn't the DUNE use Wifi protected setup? Even my Samsung 40B7000 has such an easy wifi connection.
Old 21-01-10, 22:57   #5
Sjetonneke
Premium Potential

Red face Re: Dune BD Prime 3.0 no connection to network

I solved the problem. I hadn't found the way to enter capitals for the network key and I forgot the key is case sensitive. Kind of black out. Typically a case of RTFM.

I can only use UPNP the browse my windows PC's (Vista's and Win7 Ultimate). What is the advantage of either of them?

Further I can only make connection to my -g network, not my -n network. Both heve the same settings and WPA2 key, they ony differ in SSID. For all our wireless stuf (printer, PDA's an laptop's) this works fine with either -g -or -n.
Any idea's?
My router is a Linksys WRT610N (latest firmware)
Old 22-01-10, 04:16   #6
MrX_Cuci
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.09%

With Upnp you can only play files that windows media player can play out of the box. Forget about iso, video_ts and such using Upnp. I suggest you use SMB. For Windows 7 / Vista settings look here: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wi...x.php/Windows7 If the share is properly installed in your Dune, you won't have any problems connecting to your PC shared folders.

Don't know if Dune supports draft N, maybe gigabit should be enabled? (might make your network connection unstable) Playing HD content with high bitrates over wireless is a pain. I haven't seen any NMT yet playing it properly over wireless. SD content is fine though.
MrX_Cuci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-10, 13:07   #7
Sjetonneke
Premium Potential

Thanks MrX_Cuci, in the specs I read: "Wi-Fi 802.11n", so I thinks draft n, which is the only version sofar, has to be possible. I will definitely look in to SMB, because indeed i want to play iso's.

One other thing I'd like to have in the future is .dng support, Adobe's digital negatives. DNG is an open source specification made available by Adobe for raw format digital photos (instead of processed .jpg files). How do I get this on the wishlist?
Old 27-01-10, 21:27   #8
Sjetonneke
Premium Potential

I also got SMB working, thanks to some tips from this forum. However, still my draft-n network connection doesn't work. Did anyone succeed in connecting a Linksys router (WRT610N) to the DUNE prime 3.0?:
Old 30-01-10, 21:35   #9
Sjetonneke
Premium Potential

Angry Re: Dune BD Prime 3.0 no connection to network

I think something is wrong with the D-Link DWA-140 adapter. It works fine with 802.11g on the DUNE. I tried the adapter to both a laptop with Win7 Ultimate (32bits) and my Core i7-920 dekstop with Windows 7 Ulitmate x64. With neither could an -n connection be made to my Linksys WRT610N router. The -n network works fine with there other laptop and one desktop in the house. I used the most recent Windows drivers for the B version from the D-link site.

However on both the laptop and the desktop I get an notification that the device can work faster on an USB 2.0 connection. All my USB ports are 2.0 as far as I know. Can this be part of the problem?
Old 23-01-11, 12:04   #10
rensotheone
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%

I also got the Dune Max in combination with the Dlink DWA-140
I also can only connect with the G band and not with the N band.
I have tried to change the transmit channels but nothing works for me
Does anyone got a solution for this problem??

Thanks on advance

rensotheone
rensotheone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
network connection upnp