Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > Art Work (ALL) > HDI Artwork » DUNE Explorer 2 official topic

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 87,946
Threads: 29,691
Welcome to our newest member, akarbani
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 24-03-10, 19:32   #101
rob@tele
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: DUNE Explorer 2 official topic

Hi,

When I want to save an update to previous saved artwork, I get the following error:
The files are on a QNAP SMB NAS. The files and folders have full access (777). With Windows 7 I have also full access.
rob@tele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-10, 22:08   #102
Darth_Fedor

Addicted to MPC

Contribution: 0.03%

Originally Posted by rob@tele View Post
Hi,

When I want to save an update to previous saved artwork, I get the following error:
The files are on a QNAP SMB NAS. The files and folders have full access (777). With Windows 7 I have also full access.
Just delete the mentioned file. I get the same problem with this file after I want to change it (input Dutch tekst). Same with the .Background.aai
Old 27-03-10, 14:22   #103
LxT

Contribution: 0.01%

Tehashix - I am truly amazed by the speed you pick up requests!
Your work is much appreciated.

Regarding your comment on

Bugs:
- Have the wizard run separate threads for each of the movies processed, so processing continues if one of them has an issue. Currently, a pop up blocks all further processing until manually acknowledged.
Originally Posted by tehashix View Post
- Only the wizard processes several movies, it takes the first cover by default without showing a popup. On the main screen, dune explorer only get covers/synopsis/background from the provider selected on the result list. I'm sorry, I don't understand your remark
After I changed from AAI to PNG, this is no longer an issue for me, but still likely for other people. Some of the images downloaded seem to have features which the AAI tool from DUNE could not process. (I assume, you are using their tool to do AAI conversion). This results in a popup to acknowledge the error and until I manually acknowledge it, the wizard is not running. Using a thread for each movie processed by the wizard would actually allow the wizard to continue, even if one of them encounters any problem. (Of course a limitation mechanism needs to ensure that the wizard does not start several hundred threads in parallel.) I had this issue with Dune Explorer 2.0.0.

Priority 1
- In addition to the on-line sources, show all images in the local directory of the movie. Have the option to select any of these images as icon, poster or background.
- I can add an "open image" option for covers and synopsis and open by default the movie folder. You'll just have to select the image you want.
That would be nice, but not as helpful as seeing the exisitng images next to the downloaded ones. Already, I can use the copy&paste functionality if I want to use an existing image. The real value add would be seeing them side by side, so I can choose the best one available.

Priority 2
- Support multiple media files in the movie directory. E.g. for keeping the Extras DVD of some movies in the same directory or movies split into multiple parts. Possibly, "list view" with a moved "content area", hiding all non movies with "system_files" works (have not tried it). Or playlists can be used to join movies with multiple parts.
- I don't know how to do that, Dune can't use backgrounds images on list view. Is there a way to declare a playlist in the dune_folder file ?
There is no way I know of todo that in dune_folder.txt and I have been over the available documentation very thoroughly.
However, playlist files can be kept in separate files, which Dune Explorer could generate, based on the movie files found in the directory. An editing capability for the playlist is probably necessary, as any automatism could get the order wrong and end up with something like Part2+Trailer+Extras+Part1. Changing the order and throwing items out should be enough.

- Support alternative viewing breakdowns: by director, by actor, by year, by
- If you are talking about an indexing system, it's not planned for the moment.
Yes, it would be close to an indexing system. I had something less sophisticated in mind, though. With the new MEDIA_URL option in dune_folder.txt you can generate directory structures which only contain icons and dune_folder.txt files, but reference to the original movie files. So you would have a directory tree for actor, director, year, etc. Building these directory trees can be achieved by traversing all synopsis files and creating the matching directories. I understand that this is quite an extensive development, though.

- have a set of default icons, poster & background for unresolved movies, so they do not show up empty.
- I'm sorry, I don't understand, if I set a default icon or synopsis for unresolved movies, they will appear as Blue or Green on the treeview and there will no be any way to simply identify missing informations on the treeview.
The coloring is fine. I was not referring to the view in Dune Explorer, but the view rendered on the Dune itself. If the wizard did not find any artwork, no .aai files are put in the directory. It was particilarly bad, before you introduced the paint_captions option, as you would only see the default folder icon from Dune and no text and it was impossible to identify the movie. A default Icon like
http://www.chrismadden.co.uk/wordpre...ark-nebula.jpg
or
http://static.titanmagazines.com/pro...tion_cover.jpg
with the tile superimposed was what I had in mind. Your point is valid, though, that in Dune Explorer all directories would look like they have been processed correctly, so perhaps another indicator is needed, e.g. a flag in the synopsis file.

Posters, Background and Icons seem to be scaled disregarding the aspect ratio (i.e. stretched). An option to set a default and to cut the image keeps the quality of the image better.
- For that I'll need to create an little image editor, to move the image inside the template and crop it. This will take some time to develop.
Would this do the job:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

Keep up the great work!
Old 27-03-10, 20:52   #104
davleong
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.02%

Tehashix - I want to create another icon.aai file of 350x350 in size. Could you guide me on how can i do that using AAImageGen.exe? I tried to convert to BMP, resize it, then convert back to AAI, but then i run into the BLACK background issue again..its frustrating. I am not familier with the transparant background thing that you have been working with... please enlighten me...
davleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-10, 21:29   #105
edparker50
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.07%

I haven't read thru the entire thread yet but will when i get a chance. Downloading all the information takes a while but for me this is the best one. The appearance of everything is great. Thank you tehashix.
edparker50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 06:09   #106
jrolmstd
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

Question about the mechanics of replacing the Synopsis poster image. I have a jpg that is not available from the providers that I am using. I want to be able replace the existing Synopsis poster image with this image.

I was able to drag and drop it into the Icon template shown to the right of the provider listing just fine. But when I try to drag and drop it to the Synopsis poster image, it replaces the background image instead of the Synopsis poster image.

I see there is a copy and paste a poster image functionality but I have yet to figure it out. Selecting copy poster image and then copying the image file does not work.

I am sure I am missing something simple but can some one straighten me out please?

thanks
jrolmstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-10, 06:28   #107
davleong
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.02%
Smile Re: DUNE Explorer 2 official topic

Originally Posted by jrolmstd View Post
Question about the mechanics of replacing the Synopsis poster image. I have a jpg that is not available from the providers that I am using. I want to be able replace the existing Synopsis poster image with this image.

I was able to drag and drop it into the Icon template shown to the right of the provider listing just fine. But when I try to drag and drop it to the Synopsis poster image, it replaces the background image instead of the Synopsis poster image.

I see there is a copy and paste a poster image functionality but I have yet to figure it out. Selecting copy poster image and then copying the image file does not work.

I am sure I am missing something simple but can some one straighten me out please?

thanks
Indeed its a simple one, go to windows explorer and right click on your jpg file and select edit, purpose is to launch it in MS paint. From MS Paint, click on Edit then select all. Next select Copy (this pic is being copied to the clipboard). Go back to Dune Explorer, select paste as poster image..you should be a happy man by then .
davleong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to davleong For This Useful Post:
jrolmstd (02-04-10)
Old 02-04-10, 06:39   #108
jrolmstd
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Originally Posted by davleong View Post
Indeed its a simple one, go to windows explorer and right click on your jpg file and select edit, purpose is to launch it in MS paint. From MS Paint, click on Edit then select all. Next select Copy (this pic is being copied to the clipboard). Go back to Dune Explorer, select paste as poster image..you should be a happy man by then .

Davleong, you ROCK!

The limited edition of Akria metal collector's case now can have the right image

Low priority enhancement request, it would be nice to be able to drag and drop to the Synopsis image the same way you can to the Icon image
Old 02-04-10, 08:46   #109
jrolmstd
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

I have a directory layout for my movies that is a hold over from when myMovies generated them. So each movie directory has a sub-directory by the name of a single dash or '-'.

I had wanted to hang on to these directories since at some point I need to add a dune_folder.txt containg the media_url=movieName needed to be able to play movies from the synopsis page by hitting the enter key on the Dune remote.

Anyway, I have been converting folders over from myMovies to DE 2. After running the auto generate all dune folders I find that the dash directories have all been set up for the same movie and it is one that I do not even have...

What a mess. These directories were all empty before I ran the update. Now each folder contains 9 files supporting the following image of Sherlock Holmes!!!

Other than deleting the directories, is there some way to stop DE 2 from updating sub-directories directories?

thanks

Old 02-04-10, 12:47   #110
Noone135

Contribution: 0.01%
Smile Re: DUNE Explorer 2 official topic

To TEHASHIX

I tried all programms for my Dune 3 and my Tvix
Actually i changed from tvix to dune 3

But your Software ist by far the best and easiest way to get a cool Layout on Tv
I use a 52" Philips 9704 . its really cool to see it on a big screen

Even yadis and Tvixie and zappiti are good but not as good as yours.
Iits very rare that someone spends his time for us sitting in front of his Pc ,programming.

So i just wanted to thank you , that you provide this Softwrae witch is really cool
The TV-Series adding in the Future is cool too .

As someone before mentioned i have the same Problem with multiply video-Files in One Folder. maybe its because of the templates (yadis template)
I have 23 files .avi in one folder starting at .lostS01E01avi ,lostS01E02.avi and so on
Even if you have 2 movie files mostly avi or mkv in one folder you cant select the 2nd avi file . there does not appear an icon or so
you have the background and the synopsis and the cover but no icon to select the second avi file in the folder.
In Tvixie you could select the file by pushing the left right button on the remote control and
zapp through all other files in the folder.
It showed on the bottom of the screen.

So i want to wish you and all guys from mpcc a funny Easter Weekend and dont eat to much EGGS .

See you till the next update
Noone135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dune, explorer, hdi, icon, synopsis