Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > Media Player Section > 2009/2010 Generation Sigma / Intel CE Based > HDI 3.0 Base and BD Prime » Dune HD Base 3.0 or Prime 3.0 and Cinavia Protection

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,134
Threads: 29,722
Welcome to our newest member, befuddled
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 11-08-10, 20:41   #1
VAMET
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.07%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Dune HD Base 3.0 or Prime 3.0 and Cinavia Protection

Dear HDI Team

Please tell me, are Dune HD Base 3.0 and Prime 3.0 support Cinavia Protection?

If not, will it?

Samples:
Example 1
Example 2

www.cinavia.com

What does Cinavia technology do?

Some releases of movies, television shows and other professionally produced video (such as those shown in movie theaters, on commercial airliners, and in hotels’ “on-demand” movie services) are intended for duplication and playback on professional equipment only.

Other releases (such as most Blu-ray Disc, DVD, and authorized downloads over the Internet) are meant for use on consumers’ in-home and mobile devices, but are not meant for copying by consumers, or are only permitted to be copied in limited ways (for example, to a limited number of computers, recordable discs, or devices).

Cinavia technology is used in Blu-ray Disc players to identify and limit the use of copies of these movies, television shows, and other professionally produced videos that have been made without the permission of the copyright owner.
How does Cinavia technology work?

Movies protected by Cinavia technology carry inaudible codes embedded by the copyright owner in their audio tracks that indicate where and how they are allowed to be used.

For example, movies that are being released to theaters can carry a Cinavia code that indicates that they are supposed to be duplicated by professional replicators and played back on professional projection equipment only.

Movies that are released on Blu-ray Disc, DVD, or by authorized download services, can carry a different Cinavia code, indicating that these movies are intended for use by consumers, but with limitations regarding whether or how they can be copied.

The Cinavia codes are designed to stay in the audio tracks wherever they appear, including after they are copied, converted to different formats, or captured by a camcorder.

Blu-ray Disc players read Cinavia codes from the audio track of video that they are playing or copying and may limit the use of the video when certain unauthorized uses are identified. Playback or copying of unauthorized copies may be stopped or audio may be muted, depending on which Cinavia code is found and what operation is being performed. This may include limiting the unauthorized use of the audio tracks that accompany professionally produced videos in home movies and other personal recordings. Whenever the use of content is limited due to a Cinavia code, an explanatory message is provided on the video screen or on the front panel of the Blu-ray Disc player.

In any case, you can rest assured that Cinavia technology is not “watching” what you are watching. By design, it can not collect or transmit information about you, your viewing habits or media selections. Cinavia codes are not individualized to you, the media, or the devices that you own and never contain any personal or personally identifiable information.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Sincerely
Advertising
Advertising temporarily disabled
Old 12-08-10, 02:28   #2
Nehemiah

Contribution: 0.1%
Default Re: Dune HD Base 3.0 or Prime 3.0 and Cinavia Protection

I doubt you're going to get an answer from them at this point...you already know the answer to one of these: "no" the players do not support this right now. We also know that the firmware on the dunes are not only upgradeable but downgrade-able. I would for now just play it safe by not upgrading to latest betas, etc, without checking back on the forums to see if anyone is experiencing playback issues with their movie backups since the new firmware has been released...
Nehemiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 03:22   #3
dazz87
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.06%

Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
I doubt you're going to get an answer from them at this point...you already know the answer to one of these: "no" the players do not support this right now. We also know that the firmware on the dunes are not only upgradeable but downgrade-able. I would for now just play it safe by not upgrading to latest betas, etc, without checking back on the forums to see if anyone is experiencing playback issues with their movie backups since the new firmware has been released...
I have the latest firmware beta (Base) and had no issue playing The Runaways which has this Cinavia Protection on it.
dazz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 11:40   #4
VAMET
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Dear dazz87

Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
I have the latest firmware beta (Base) and had no issue playing The Runaways which has this Cinavia Protection on it.
How the hell you have removed Cinavia protection from this movie to create 1:1 copy? AnyDVD HD cannot remove Cinavia protection, so how you have created 1:1?

Best regards.

Sincerely
Old 12-08-10, 12:11   #5
peterjcat
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

Obviously he has created a 1:1 copy with the Cinavia protection still intact. However, copies of movies protected with Cinavia will play fine unless the player decides to detect the protection and stop playback.

Ideally you'd want HDI to ignore Cinavia forever, and never support it. Whether they can get away with that and keep their licences will be the question. If not, the question will be how Slysoft is going to strip out the Cinavia.
peterjcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-10, 12:21   #6
VAMET
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Dear peterjcat

My first post is not a favor to add support for Cinavia, I don't want Cinavia Detection supported with any Dune devices.

I ask, because I would like to know, what bring us a future of HDI devices.
With Cinavia Detection with Dune, it's the last day of using any Network Media Player. I use Dune HD Base 3.0 only to play 1:1 BDMV Folder Structure or ISO. When I will have Cinavia Detection, it's no longer reason to use Dune HD Base 3.0 for me.

There is one simple solution, remain present FirmWare stable, which is not supporting Cinavia protection at the moment. So until I update my FirmWare to the latest one, I am safe. But HDI may have an evil plan to force users to update to the newest FirmWare, which may support Cinavia - something similar way to Sony PlayStation 3 - you will not play on-line until you will update to the latest FirmWare.

Best regards.

Sincerely
Old 14-08-10, 01:02   #7
hazzad
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

I doubt HDI would ever force you to update to a latest firmware. There is nothing in their player that would require it bar feature upgrades and BD compatability which is a decision the user would need to make. Sony tried to force firmware update to plug up security holes(the linux install option) in its machine that could have potentially led to their machine being hacked, etc.
hazzad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-10, 11:20   #8
mrr19121970
Premium Potential

No, but the studios can. The can revoke your AACS host key on the BD player, which can only be fixed with a firmware update.
Old 22-12-10, 19:38   #9
lmaolmao
Premium Potential

but if ripped with anydvdhd then there is no aacs.......
lmaolmao is offline   Reply With Quote