Navigation » MPC Club Community Board > News and Info Section > News Articles and Discussions » NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner

Notices

» Slysoft Recommended!
1 CLick BD and DVD backups
Download AnyDVD HD!
For Blu-Ray and DVD!
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Stats
Members: 88,107
Threads: 29,720
Welcome to our newest member, agnitagnit
» MPC Club Advertisers and Sponsors

Old 12-10-10, 21:48   #41
salatoimikud
Premium Potential
TIP: Upgrade to Premium
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner

and one more question. When i order this in estonia then where you send this for me? in or outside EU?

I ask because if you send outside EU i must pay some taxes in my country.
salatoimikud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 04:52   #42
HDium_team
Premium Potential

Contribution: 0.01%

Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Will you be starting your own forum for questions and problems from your customers and news and answers from yourselves. Something along the lines of Medi8tor and their forum? (note: have just order 1 unit to replace my flagging TVIX M6500a)
Yes, a forum is planned. For the time being we are more than happy to resolve issues in MPCCLUB and in a number of Australian tech forums where we are active.

Originally Posted by salatoimikud View Post
and one more question. When i order this in estonia then where you send this for me? in or outside EU?

I ask because if you send outside EU i must pay some taxes in my country.
All EU orders are shipped from Spain so no customs, no taxes.
HDium_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 05:26   #43
ppi
Premium Potential
Experienced Member

Contribution: 0.05%

Is there also comming a moviejukebox ??
ppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-10, 11:50   #44
HDium_team
Premium Potential

Originally Posted by ppi View Post
Is there also comming a moviejukebox ??
No moviejukebox planned at the moment, we want to improve the media player and PVR side of things before embarking on a project like that.
Old 14-10-10, 20:06   #45
salatoimikud
Premium Potential
Almost Active

Contribution: 0%

HDium = xtreamer?
Because after registration i got email contact@xtreamer.com.au
salatoimikud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 20:47   #46
Gilly

Contribution: 0.13%

I got the same and checked with Hi-Jack on this issue. He assures me they are not xtreamer but own the xtreamer Australian web site (or something like that - he could explain it better than I could). The end of the email addy is an oversight on their part for using an existing account on the webserver and not creating a new account for themselves. I am sure they will post here and explain it properly. The reason I didnt was that if they were separate then it may not be beneficial for them to post this on the site.

Anyway I have a question concerning the DTV end of things. I am in Northern Ireland which receives UK TV (BBC ITV etc) these are broadcast using MPEG2. According to http://www.digitaltelevision.ie/ the Republic of Ireland will start their DTV soon (or have planned to have 80% coverage at the end of the month) they will be broadcasting in MPEG4.

Naturally I will be receiving both, given that most of NI is not too far away from Eire, can the tuner end of the machine handle some channels in one format and some in another? I am of course hoping it can.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 21:41   #47
siamsquare

Contribution: 0.16%
Arrow Re: NEW: HDIUM with DUAL Tuner

HDium is a brand developed by leading Australian media player distributor Eurodigital in 2010.
Eurodigital was founded in 2006 with the aim of bringing the latest innovations in the media convergence market to the Australian consumer. It is a leading distributor of media players including some most popular brands of media players into the Australian market such as HDI-Dune, Xtreamer and eGreat.

In 2010, the Eurodigital team recognizing that that there were large gaps not covered by other manufacturers decided to embark on a project to bring its own range of media players to the global market.

The HDium Duo PVR player will be available from its launch in August for purchase in Australia, New Zealand, Asian and Spain with plans to expand shipments to the whole European customs union zone directly from Europe soon after.

The aim of HDium as a brand is to provide high quality, innovative products, great service at an affordable cost and with the best customer service possible.

Xtreamer Australia is part of Eurodigital ABN 61 607 560 147, a business dedicated to the sale and distribution of multimedia products based in Kardinya, Western Australia.

This explains it so no panic!

Gr33tz
Dune Base 3D - Popcorn A-400 - Samsung UE55C7800 - Epson TW-9000 - Beamax 106" Electric Screen - Onkyo TX-NR3008 - Focal 7.2 - Klipsch RC-64 II Center - SVS PB13 Ultra - SERVER:48TB Norco 4224 - Intel Xeon E-1230 - 16GB DDR3 1333mhz - Supermicro X9SCM-F - 3x flashed IBM M1015 Serveraid sata3 - running Open Indiana ZFS + Napp-it - Unraid -ESXi

siamsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 22:10   #48
Gilly

Thanks for explaining it siamsquare, a better job than I could have done even if I knew all that.
Old 15-10-10, 10:37   #49
HDium_team
Premium Potential

I got the same and checked with Hi-Jack on this issue. He assures me they are not xtreamer but own the xtreamer Australian web site (or something like that - he could explain it better than I could). The end of the email addy is an oversight on their part for using an existing account on the webserver and not creating a new account for themselves. I am sure they will post here and explain it properly. The reason I didnt was that if they were separate then it may not be beneficial for them to post this on the site.
siamsquare post quoting the about us section of our site explains our relationship as a distributor with a number of makers. The email issue on our transaction mails is a mistake due the fact that several of our web shopping systems share a similar backend. HDium has its own email address contact-at-hdium.com. Will fix the mistake asap

Anyway I have a question concerning the DTV end of things. I am in Northern Ireland which receives UK TV (BBC ITV etc) these are broadcast using MPEG2. According to http://www.digitaltelevision.ie/ the Republic of Ireland will start their DTV soon (or have planned to have 80% coverage at the end of the month) they will be broadcasting in MPEG4.

Naturally I will be receiving both, given that most of NI is not too far away from Eire, can the tuner end of the machine handle some channels in one format and some in another? I am of course hoping it can.
Yes, the player will handle both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 channels at the same time. Several countries such as Spain have MPEG-2 for SD channels, MPEG-4 for HD and the HDium picks and reproduces them fine. However what we have found in Spain is that one of the MPEG-4 channels over there running dolby digital plus (E-AC-3 ) did not play any sound. This is something it is being looked at and it might happen elsewhere where dolby digital + is used. So if anyone planning to watch MPEG-4 content and there is an issue with the sound probably with specific channels send us an email and we will look at it.

Last edited by HDium_team; 15-10-10 at 10:54.
Old 18-10-10, 17:06   #50
Gilly

Recieved my unit today and have had a quick look at it (while still in work). Everything seems to work fine, try a couple of mkv's - no problems. Tuned in the tv to uk stations, again not a problem. I have fitted a 500GB HDD so I tried timeshift and recording a couple of minutes of live TV both worked - interestingly the player also records any subtitles as well so when you watch it back you can turn subtitles on.

I must say that the tuner side of things makes the TVIX M6500 look as poor as it was to use. I am very happy with what I have seen of the EPG and in fact what I have seen of the player so far. I have to wait until I get home and connect it up to my NAS to check different file types. It will take a while before I can get fully used to it and it's capabilities but first impressions are extremely good.

One bad point is that it came with a european mains lead not the UK one that I require but sure I'll forgive that if the rest of the player lives up to what I have seem so far.