Ok, it's not the best guide we ever wrote but the best we could come up with given the time we have to "guide" you inside the NMJ movie scraping world... We created both a guide and a tool that aid in preparing your movie content in a way "we feel it's ok". It may not be the best method (it's too new to fully grasp everything) and it may not be a method you like considering the time it takes, but it's a method none the less we feel is pretty ok to use...
All files needed are linked inside the guide.
We take no responsibility for anything you do with the guide or tools provided. As always, better be safe than sorry. Start with a few files and make sure everything is backed up until you are familiar and confident using these tools.
Download the Guide:
In case we made a mess of anything (guide or tool) rushing our way forward, we will try and address issues as they are reported in this thread only...
Initially we stated BDMV caused issues scraping, this was due to incomplete sources (stripped backups). We can happily state both VIDEO_TS and BDMV are scraped without issues.
- When using NMJ, after restart default behavior is the old list system.
Change it if you wish.
- When adding series, name the structure as follows:
- Fringe 1
- Fringe.nfo (containing IMDB link for the serie)
- Fringe S01E01 - Title.avi
- Fringe S01E02 - Title.avi etc...
- Keep in mind, scanning takes a lot of time from the player. Add in batches. I created a new share and move content prepped over there by batches, having the database rescan content and update itself... Or you can leave on the unit for as long as it takes for batch processing...
- Work with a single share as main source... I'm not pro multiple shares as they require each their own DB. 1 share with huge volume is a benefit to keep things located into one single DB. Make sure you have some automated backup setup for the DB Files for restore if ever issues shall arise. (nmj_database)
- Album 1
- Album 2
- Holiday on Ice
- Holiday in Spain
- Holiday in Greece
- Sex with 15 girls in 48 hours
- In several occasions we got stuck navigating. There's possibly a way out but we can't find it. (Shows the complexity of things). Be prepared to reboot occasionally in order to access your sources again. (What I do, is press "all" and then "Video" on the remote taking me back to the movies.)
- IMDB is not a good source for series. Series which run in numbers (more than 1) will all get the same cover art since IMDB uses one link only to enlist all episodes. This is a limitation for now that will be addressed in the future (or by tools scraping the info from sources like TV.com and then some...)
It takes some thinking to use this system at the best possible currently. We do not think it is ready for mainstream yet (too much hassle) so if you don't want to work hard to go to NMJ heaven, wait for V2 (can take months). In any other case, we do our best to help